How about an NFL Boycott! - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree223Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2017, 01:04 PM   #1

How about an NFL Boycott!

I am disappointed that these profit hungry money grubbing NFL owners our going along with the protest against our flag. Maybe the people to the right of center should boycott the NFL Then maybe those owners might realize just how much money they stand to lose!

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-24-2017, 01:22 PM   #2

Tom,

You are so right! I have never been to a NFL game, now I know that it will never happen.
Participant of the Southeast Asia War Games, 1971.
Markie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 01:26 PM   #3

Count me in.
oldognewtrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2017, 01:32 PM   #4

I find it interesting the owners are saying they are in support of this crap but Colin Kaepernick is still looking for a QB gig!

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 01:49 PM   #5

As a veteran, I am very disappointed in the NFL...Especially the owners...So many of our brave men & woman have paid the ultimate sacrifice for our country, and for these dirt bags to take a knee for the National Anthem is a low point for our Nation...I for one, will tune out the NFL!!!
LT5 John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 01:58 PM   #6

Tom, I back you 100%. There are men and women serving to give these players and owners the right to make the kind of money they do. Our service members have a hard time making it but sign a blank check for their lives. I feel I have a right to comment being a combat vet during a time when the American people spit on us. Support the flag of the United States of America.
Supertool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 02:09 PM   #7

Sorry ....but no. By adding your two cents to the argument you are playing into the hands of the idiots. They want to be disruptive, they want you to get upset and take your ball and go home.

I won't play along ...I ignore them and all of their misplaced politics. None of it means s#!t after the whistle blows. I enjoy football and always will. I've been in the same FF league with old friends for 28 seasons. I watch the games and ignore the noise.

I'm with Mike Tomlin ..."take the divisiveness out of the game" ...don't go along with it and let them win.

GO STEELERS!
cousinmark likes this.
PaulWVa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 03:59 PM   #8

I watched the early game BS and turned it off after I saw with my own eyes what was happening.

It's disgraceful to every person that ever woe a uniform.

I'm not watching any more football till the super bowl, at some point you must take a stand or you are just one of "them"
cousinmark, Supertool and Bish like this.
I'm a 1911 addict -- GI CCO 9mm, WC Sentinel Compact 9mm, WC ULCC 9mm, WC Professional 38 super, WC Stealth 38 super, WC Bobtail Professional 9mm, DW CCO 38 super, DW CBOB 38 super, Kimber Ultra Aegis 9mm and a little Sig P938
azguy1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:46 PM   #9

There's going to be more pro sports to add to the boycott list if players keep kneeling.

Oakland Athletics catcher Bruce Maxwell kneels during national anthem

I'm a sports junkie and I'm not giving that up because of some players kneeling during the anthem. I'm just as pissed at these arseholes as anyone, but I won't stop doing something that I have done since I was a young lad.

I will still take my hat off at the pub/home during the anthem and put my right hand on my heart. I will stand with all of the other players that are standing, cops, firemen and military that are at the game because that's our right to do so.

TETO
cousinmark likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 05:17 PM   #10

A letter from Retired Marine Col Jeffrey A Powers to the NFL

Commisioner,

Iíve been a season pass holder at Yankee Stadium, Yale Bowl and Giants Stadium.

I missed the í90-í91 season because I was with a battalion of Marines in Desert Storm. 14 of my wonderful Marines returned home with the American Flag draped across their lifeless bodies. My last conversation with one of them, Sgt Garrett Mongrella, was about how our Giants were going to the Super Bowl. He never got to see it.

Many friends, Marines, and Special Forces Soldiers who worked with or for me through the years returned home with the American Flag draped over their coffins.

Now I watch multi millionaire athletes who never did anything in their lives but play a game, disrespect what brave Americans fought and died for. They are essentially spitting in the faces and on the graves of real men, men who have actually done something for this country beside playing with a ball and believing theyíre something special! Theyíre not! My Marines and Soldiers were!

You are complicit in this!

Youíll fine players for large and small infractions but you lack the morale courage and respect for our nation and the fallen to put an immediate stop to this.

Yes, I know, itís their 1st Amendment right to behave in such a despicable manner. What would happen if they came out and disrespected you or the refs publicly?

I observed a player getting a personal foul for twerking in the end zone after scoring. I guess thatís much worse than disrespecting the flag and our National Anthem. Hmmmmm, isnít it his 1st Amendment right to express himself like an idiot in the end zone? Why is taunting not allowed yet taunting America is ok? You fine players for wearing 9-11 commemorative shoes yet you allow scum on the sidelines to sit, kneel or pump their pathetic fist in the air. They are so deprived with their multimillion dollar contracts for playing a freaking game! You condone it all by your refusal to act. Youíre just as bad and disgusting as they are. I hope Americans boycott any sponsor who supports that rabble you call the NFL. I hope they turn off the TV when any team that allowed this disrespect to occur, without consequence, on the sidelines. I applause those who have not.

Legends and heroes do NOT wear shoulder pads. They wear body armor and carry rifles.

They make minimum wage and spend months and years away from their families. They donít do it for an hour on Sunday. They do 24/7 often with lead,not footballs, coming in their direction. They watch their brothers carted off in pieces not on a gurney to get their knee iced. They donít even have ice! Many do t have legs or arms. Some wear blue and risk their lives daily on the streets of America. They wear fire helmets and go upstairs into the fire rather than down to safety. On 9-11, hundreds vanished. They are the heroes.

I hope that your high paid protesting pretty boys and you look in that mirror when you shave tomorrow and see what you really are, legends in your own minds. You need to hit the road and take those worms with you!

Time to change the channel.

Col Jeffrey A Powers USMC(ret)
Chuck43, 2sharp2, Lineman and 11 others like this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote