Tornado of 2011 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2017, 10:17 PM   #1

Tornado of 2011

This vid is from a security camera at a small local school. Tornado hit quick and hard destroying the school and community and people died. In the vid you will see people trying to get to the community shelter. My nephew and his 3 kids had just got in when the storm hit.
Notice the vehicle showing up just before the hit. Both people (whom I know very well) didn't have time to make the shelter so they held their babies (2) in their arms, as they held on for dear life to a pipe fence. The the tornado blew the a red minivan to the only spot that would save them. It blocked the wind and debris. The driver side of the van was destroyed with boards and metal piercing the doors.
We know tornado's here. We also know our neighbors. After the storm had passed I went home and grabbed my chainsaw and trailer and headed down. By the time I got there, besides the massive response from every rural fire dept/ems/nurses and emergency crews from 50 miles, over 100 locals had already begun to organize cutting people out of their homes.
I love my state.

Last edited by Gundude; 10-24-2017 at 10:18 PM. Reason: forgot link
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads