• 1 Post By Marshall
  • 2 Post By 2sharp2
  • 2 Post By The Tourist
  • 4 Post By Lineman
  • 3 Post By Lineman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2017, 12:12 PM   #1

Wink Old Time 57--As Promised!!

Here ya go, John! Spent 9 days hunting, Oct 21st-30th. This is the deer that I promised that I would let walk for you!! She's still roaming the woods in Wilkes County, Georgia!!

WGI_0652(2).jpg
Chuck43, Marshall, 2sharp2 and 5 others like this.

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-01-2017, 01:38 PM   #2

You are a Good Man Lineman!!! I salute you!
Chuck43, Marshall, Tejun and 1 others like this.

Semper Fi

Kimber Ultra CDP II .45 ACP
Kimber Stainless Micro 9mm
Old Timer 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:57 PM   #3

IDK, deer looks kind of skinny to me.
Chuck43, Marshall and DaveinNC like this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-01-2017, 05:23 PM   #4

Originally Posted by Lineman View Post
Here ya go, John! Spent 9 days hunting, Oct 21st-30th. This is the deer that I promised that I would let walk for you!! She's still roaming the woods in Wilkes County, Georgia!!

Attachment 76082
It will be obvious that I don't hunt nor have I wanted to but I have a few questions for ya Keith.

#1. What can you possibly do to take up 10 days in the woods ?

#2. Do they issue tags on how many deer that you can shoot down in your neck of the woods ?

#3. Did you stay in a hotel/motel {I sure would} or did you ruff it in a tent ?

#4. What did you do with your time for 10 days when you weren't looking/hunting for Bambi ?

#5. Last but not least. Did you get a bigger deer than the one in the picture that you posted ? If so, how big was it and since we all like pictures show us the winner.

Thanks Keith.
starnovi likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 09:48 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
It will be obvious that I don't hunt nor have I wanted to but I have a few questions for ya Keith.

#2. Do they issue tags on how many deer that you can shoot down in your neck of the woods ?

#4. What did you do with your time for 10 days when you weren't looking/hunting for Bambi ?

#5. Last but not least. Did you get a bigger deer than the one in the picture that you posted ? If so, how big was it and since we all like pictures show us the winner.

Thanks Keith.

Excellent questions Marshall, I'd be interested in those answers also.
Marshall and starnovi like this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 02:02 AM   #6

LOL. I thought the thread was going to be about an older, blue SW in .41 magnum...

Age is getting to me.
Lineman and swca like this.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:45 PM   #7

Wink The $64,000 Questions......

Originally Posted by Marshall View Post

Thanks Keith.
In answer to your questions Marshall:

#1. I just love being in the outdoors. I spend from about 30 minutes before sun up til about 11:30 either in a tree stand or a ground blind.
actively hunting. I return to camp for lunch and maybe a quick nap.
Then, I'm back out in the woods from 3:30 or 4:00 til 30 minutes after sun set. Even if I don't see any deer, I enjoy seeing other critters. I have seen things that most people will never see. I have watched both owls and hawks hunt mice, rats, squirrels and chipmunks. I've seen otters playing and fishing in a creek. I have watched a king snake hunt down and eat a black snake. Nature is just fascinating to watch!!

#2. Georgia used to issue tags that had to be physically attached to the deer you harvested. Now, we have gone modern high tech. You can use the Georgia Department of Natural Resources App to report your deer harvest. If no internet signal is available, you can simply call the Georgia Game Check line: 800 366-2661 and report your harvest.

The state limit on deer for the 2017-18 season is 2 antlered deer.
One can be any size antlers as long as bone is visible above the hair of the head. The other antlered deer MUST have 4 points or more at least 1 inch long, on one side of the antlers. In addition, 10 antlerless deer may be taken! That includes does and button bucks (no bone visible about the hair of the head). Yes, that is a total of 12 deer that can be taken by a hunter during the season.

Georgia is looking to thin the herd. Thus the 12 deer limit. We have way too many auto/deer collisions in Georgia. The insurance companies are having fits and they push the state legislature to keep the harvest limits high.

#3. No, I do not stay in a hotel/motel. I belong to a hunting club and we have a campground for our members. I stay in a 9' x 20' mobile trailer that I have permanently set up on the campground. I may be roughing it but I have all the comforts that I need: electricity, gas grill, microwave, a George Foreman grill, a refrigerator, hot and cold running water (we have a well), a heater, an air conditioner and a hot shower!! I'm a high tech redneck!!

#4. While not actively hunting, I usually take a nap, hang around camp and enjoy the company of the other members. We swap knowledge and lies. We also help each other out as needed; retrieving deer, field dressing, skinning and processing meat.

#5. So far, I have not taken a deer. I only saw one during archery season Sept 9th-Oct 20th. I was down for the first week. That single deer was beyond bow or crossbow range and moving quickly through the brush. No chance of a shot.

The first two weeks of Firearms Season Oct 21st-Jan 14th is buck only. I was down for the first 9 days and saw 2 does and one buck. The does could not be shot during days restricted as "Buck Only" and the buck was in excess of 250 yards away. No decent shot was presented, so I chose not to shot, rather than wounding the deer with a less than acceptable shot.

So, for those keeping score here, it's Bambi-4 Lineman-0!! There is still plenty of season left. The rest of the season is either sex, so I have the opportunity to harvest all the deer I can deal with. I usually take 2-3 deer per year. I turn one entire deer into jerky. I eat it, my son eats it and now (to Mrs. Lineman's great dismay), my grandson, Remy eats it too. I have to ship the jerky to Germany for my son and grandson.

JERKY TIME!!.JPG <----My grandson, Remy eating jerky at 8 months old!

If you have any other questions Marshall, ask away!!
Chuck43, Marshall, 2sharp2 and 1 others like this.

NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member

Last edited by Lineman; 11-02-2017 at 10:00 PM.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:58 PM   #8

Wink

Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
IDK, deer looks kind of skinny to me.
I hunt in Georgia in Wilkes County. It is just outside of Augusta and close to the South Carolina border. These are not South Georgia farm fed deer. These live on mast: Grass, acorns, persimmons, mushrooms and leaves. So they don't grow very big. A 200 lb buck is a beast for us! The best nutrition they get is from the food plots that we plant, which offer: rye grass, soy beans, turnips, corn, iron clay peas and wheat. The quality of our deer has improved greatly since we started building the food plots.
Chuck43, Marshall and 2sharp2 like this.

NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member