...new blood pressure chart, great!!! - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree106Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2017, 07:44 PM   #1

...new blood pressure chart, great!!!

...Yup, they've created a new standard. Now 120 over 80 is prehypertension, "normal" is below that mark. Something doesn't smell right to me? Now in the US we will consume 20 times more meds instead of 10 times more than the rest of the civilized world like we do now. Pretty cool ha? A one time static reading in a MDs office can get you put on pills!!!
RustyIron, Hawker800 and starnovi like this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-13-2017, 07:50 PM   #2

and what are you squeezing to test...fat and muscle.....if you wrap a bunch of stuff around a garden hose it is hard to stop...naturally it will take more pressure...
cousinmark likes this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:59 PM   #3

I've been getting more into nutrition and stuff over the last few years and some of the things I've discovered about the way things are done here are alarming. Blood pressure is one of them, numerous readings over a few weeks is really a starting point for an accurate picture. Then there's the "why" that seems to be overlooked. Generally they try to medicate the symptom rather than address the cause. It's nucking futs and the pharmaceutical companies are RAKING it in.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:23 PM   #4

IMO, it's also a misnomer calling it "health" care because it's actually illness care and they want you dependent on that care instead of working to develop/maintain health.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:31 AM   #5

Originally Posted by speedydg13 View Post
IMO, it's also a misnomer calling it "health" care because it's actually illness care and they want you dependent on that care instead of working to develop/maintain health.
There is no money in a cure. Treatment pays at every visit/dose , they can drag that out for years.
Mini Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:30 AM   #6

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
...Yup, they've created a new standard. Now 120 over 80 is prehypertension, "normal" is below that mark. Something doesn't smell right to me? Now in the US we will consume 20 times more meds instead of 10 times more than the rest of the civilized world like we do now. Pretty cool ha? A one time static reading in a MDs office can get you put on pills!!!
Not unless you allow it. Just say No to drugs.

It's a conspiracy between big-pharma and the insurance companies hoping to scam the Fed gov (you and me.)
cousinmark and starnovi like this.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:49 AM   #7

I’m taking blood pressure medicine for the first time. My blood pressure was fine before surgery and while in the hospital it shot up. You would think it would have been high before surgery but it wasn’t. Now it’s consistently 120/80 or less.

A surgeon I went to years ago that told me he read a study and they found that people who didn’t have access to specialty doctors lived a healthier life then people who frequently visited specialty doctors. I believe him.

Last edited by JC45; 11-14-2017 at 10:33 AM.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:16 AM   #8
Super Moderator

Up until 12 years ago I had both high blood pressure and high cholesterol and took medication for it. My doctor convinced me that if I wanted to lead a healthier life I had to do more to get them both under control.

First I found out about "White Coat Syndrome", 75% of the people having their blood pressure taken in the doctors office will read higher then it really is. It has to do with being nervous and it can happen without you being aware of it. Stress and pain will also elevate your BP, after coming out of surgery last July my BP was 210/90 in the ICU but that was only for a day.

Get a blood pressure cuff (they're not expensive) and take your own pressure readings in the morning BEFORE you have your coffee. Take your BP 3 times waiting a couple of minutes between readings then do a little math and average them.

Lose a little weight and get some exercise. I was fat, (5'-10" 230 lbs.) I joined a gym and started watching what I ate. Weigh yourself frequently, I do it daily after I get out of the shower, it keeps you honest with yourself. I dropped 50 lbs over a years time and saw both my BP and Cholesterol drop like a rock. This morning my scale said I was 176 lbs and my BP is 130/70. I've been off both BP and Cholesterol medication since 2006.

It's your life, your doctor can only do so much for you. If you don't like the direction it's going then take control of it and make the necessary changes.
2sharp2, oz white, OLE442 and 7 others like this.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:38 AM   #9

I was just diagnosed with stage 2 hypertension just last week..175/110. My BP has always been normal until January this year and it has been climbing steadily ever since. Only change in my life/diet was i started using a CPap, which according to doctors is supposed to help if you have high BP. Doing the 3x daily monitoring and now Waiting for blood tests to come back to see why the change. I was told by my doc that this is what happens as you age
cousinmark likes this.
Mini Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:47 AM   #10

A few weeks ago my daughter had a sinus infection and while I was at the doc's I had the nurse check mine. It was 120 over 80, I thought that was great and silently patted myself on the back. Last year I was running in the 135 over 85 realm but with diet and exercise got it down some. I haven't been told I need meds, just saw they've changed the standards and got a little wound up about it... Considering there are other advanced nations that don't share our thoughts as to what "high" is at a glance it sure looks like a money grab? Do you realize most all of the food we get from the supermarket would be illegal in Europe! We're the control group in the GMO/antibiotic experiment that started 30 years ago. At this point the science is pretty much confirming although those things are good for profits they're NOT the best thing for humanity. There's a good portion of the population who are already being needlessly medicated and don't question what the MD says. We are the most medicated society in the history of man kind.
I'll be going down swinging on this one, more exercise and better food are plan A, :-)