• 3 Post By Marshall
  • 5 Post By Doons
  • 3 Post By PaulWVa
  • 4 Post By Elapid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2017, 06:31 AM   #1
Super Moderator

New Years Eve Driving

Please, take care out on the roads if you're driving tonight.

A recent joint study conducted by the Department of Health and the Department of Motor Vehicles indicates that 23% of traffic accidents are alcohol related. This means that the remaining 77% are caused by people that drink bottled water, Starbucks, soda, juice, energy drinks, and crap like that.

Therefore, beware of those who do not drink alcohol. They cause three times as many accidents. This message is sent to you by someone who worries about your safety.

Seriously if you're going out to celebrate the new year use a designated driver, take a cab, Lyft, Uber or public transportation.
Marshall, GiGi, bhunted and 10 others like this.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:35 AM   #2

So let me see if I get this right. I'm not a math genius but it seems like drunk drivers on the road lower the percentage of accidents involving sober drivers like me. So if they remove all the laws against drunk driving and the trend continues in the same direction, pretty soon all the accidents will involve drunk drivers and zero percent for sober drivers. Works for me.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:50 AM   #3

There was always something ‘dodgy’ about those health nuts.
Jflytle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2017, 11:29 AM   #4

No worries here. Being old and curmudgeonly, the mere thought of having to go out, drink excessively, endure loud people, and stay up until midnight just sounds awful.

Mrs. Iron and I will be at home, dining on lobster tails, broccoli, and wild rice. Of course the puppies will be at our side, sharing in the bounty. We'll watch something on tv, but it won't be that Times Square thing, and we'll be in bed long before midnight.
Chuck43, Jflytle, DaveinNC and 1 others like this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:23 PM   #5

Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
Mrs. Iron and I will be at home, dining on lobster tails, broccoli, and wild rice. Of course the puppies will be at our side, sharing in the bounty. We'll watch something on tv, but it won't be that Times Square thing, and we'll be in bed long before midnight.
Safe to assume we will be doing the same thing. I can’t stand large crowds as it is, so a crowd of loud drunks, past midnight, just is NOT going to happen. A nice quiet dinner at home, with a bottle of something and a movie. Live to fight another day.
Chuck43, RustyIron and DaveinNC like this.
Jflytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:33 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Jflytle View Post
Safe to assume we will be doing the same thing. I can’t stand large crowds as it is, so a crowd of loud drunks, past midnight, just is NOT going to happen. A nice quiet dinner at home, with a bottle of something and a movie. Live to fight another day.
Add me in on that scenario. I have a couple of decades of NYE celebrations under my belt and could care less now. We're heading to the pub around 3 today so I can watch a few different football games and we'll be back here via Uber by 6:30. A movie or two and plenty of booze and food in the fridge not to mention I can wear my Spiderman jammies here....

Not to sound crude, but my daughter has the flu and won't be able to partake in the festivities tonight and I couldn't be more relieved. Worrying about her and what she's up to since she turned 21 has been stressful to say the least. My mother always told me that karma would come knocking on my door someday and boy was she right.
RustyIron, Jflytle and DaveinNC like this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:35 PM   #7

But officer I had to drive, I'm way to drunk to walk......
Chuck43, Marshall, Jflytle and 2 others like this.

SS Pro Carry II .45
Springfield XDm 3.8" 9mm
S&W M&P Shield .45
S&W SD9 9mm

“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." ― John Wayne - The Shootist 1976
Doons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:54 PM   #8

New Year's eve has been a quiet day for us for many years. I lost my dad in a car crash, along with four other people including his two aunts. The "other" driver wasn't drunk, she had been on a long holiday trip and was heading home and fell asleep and crossed the center line.

So we will also staying in by the fire and watching some TV or a movie or two. Maybe a little glass of Jim Beam to toast the old man.
Chuck43, Marshall and DaveinNC like this.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:57 PM   #9

Just remember, the amature drunk drivers are out there tonight and they are more dangerous than the experienced drunk's.
Chuck43, Marshall, Jflytle and 1 others like this.
Elapid is offline   Reply With Quote