What's The Most Expensive EDC You Will Carry - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree167Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2017, 10:59 AM   #1

What's The Most Expensive EDC You Will Carry

I was talking to a friend the other day about our edc shooters and he was telling me that a few years ago he was in a car accident and was unconscious when the police/medics arrived. He had his edc in between his seats and somehow it "disappeared" when he went to the tow lot to retrieve his belongings.

Now my questions are-----What's the most expensive gun will you carry daily ? Are you willing to take the chance of losing it like my friend did ? Are you willing to give it up to the police evidence team on the occasion of a shooting ? Do you really need to carry a $1K-$3K gun when there are less expensive reliable guns available that will do the same thing as your high dollar edc ?

A side note-----Please don't say that's why I have insurance----Thanks
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-31-2017, 11:15 AM   #2

Like I said in one of my earlier posts Marshall, "It's a real looker but...".
I carry the cheapest, ugliest and most reliable sidearms in my collection. Either my Smith & Wesson Shield 9 mm ($300) or my Glock 19 ($450) (add $120 for XS Big Dots and Talon Grips to each). If I lose one to theft or accidentally drop it in the lake or have to kick it across the concrete parking lot when I'm ordered to by the Po-Po, no big loss.
The only exception being if I'm going to a barbecue.
IMG_1774.JPG
About $ 1400.00

Last edited by Cucamonga kid; 12-31-2017 at 11:31 AM.
Cucamonga kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:16 AM   #3

Between $550 and $1,000. Micro 9 up to Ultra Carry
Cucamonga kid, PaulWVa and wayne like this.
Mini Me is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2017, 11:22 AM   #4

A few days ago a friend of mine and I was talking about the same thing. I never really thought about it until then. His edc carry is a Ruger LC9 which he said he bought cheap. Even though I like carrying one of my Kimberís I will have to rethink it. You never know but I hope I never get in that situation.
Supertool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:37 AM   #5

Originally Posted by Cucamonga kid View Post
Like I said in one of my earlier posts Marshall, "It's a real looker but...".
I carry the cheapest, ugliest and most reliable sidearms in my collection. Either my Smith & Wesson Shield 9 mm ($300) or my Glock 19 ($450) (add $120 for XS Big Dots and Talon Grips to each). If I lose one to theft or accidentally drop it in the lake or have to kick it across the concrete parking lot when I'm ordered to by the Po-Po, no big loss.
I carried my M&P Shield 9mm for a couple of years and never would have had an issue with losing it or getting it confiscated in an shooting event. It cost me around $400 back then and now they make it in the 45 cal. I carry my Micro 9 {$550} on the weekends and my UCII 45 {$1K+} during the week and I'm seriously thinking of grabbing me the Shield 45 to replace it. Yeah it's fugly, but bad guys don't care if it's an Ed Brown or a S&W that they get shot with and the Shields go "BANG" each and every time that I pulled the trigger.

https://www.gunbuyer.com/s-w-m-p45sh...-7r-19663.html

Last edited by Marshall; 12-31-2017 at 11:50 AM.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:54 AM   #6

Donít get me started on least expensive guns out here! I will use my insurance would like to have a Shield .45.... can you say 12-hundo

Always be ready - 5.11
Hoffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:02 PM   #7

Originally, I thought that I would carry my Sapphire UC2 but that was always at the back of my mind. If you have a better gun than the perp, wouldn't he want it? I wouldn't feel so badly about losing my Sig P238, Kimber Micro 380 or 9mm, or my Glock 19 but don't want to take the chance with my UC2. It's too pretty for some guy from the hood!

Heinie Lady Hawk 1911
Kimber Raptor 9mm full size SS
Kimber Sapphire Ultra Compact II 9mm
Kimber Micro 9 CTLG
Kimber Micro 380 Advocate
Sig Ultra Compact 2 tone 45 ACP
Sig P238 HD Nickel
Colt AR-15 9mm
CZ Rami 9mm
Glock 19
Glock 43
Smith & Wesson M&P 9 Pro Series C.O.R.E.
Smith & Wesson M&P 22 compact
Walther PPS M2

Last edited by starnovi; 12-31-2017 at 12:09 PM.
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:04 PM   #8

I cannot determine which. Reliability is important. But if you get into a scenario like a bad accident, the gun would be the last thing Iíd worry about regardless the price or model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Marshall, Jflytle, Mini Me and 4 others like this.

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:39 PM   #9

I guess I fall in the middle of the pack on this. I do own a couple of $1K guns but nothing I would want to walk around with all day. So I carry a S&W 642 PC, Air Weight, bought on sale, $399.00 Add in another hundred for grips, ammo strips and pocket holster. I'm comfortable with that.

I'm in a little heavier with my Sig p-320, 9mm, sub-compact at $485.00. Throw in front sight, Talon grip cover, APEX trigger, and extra mags...the holster and mag carrier, I'm pushing $800.00.

I'd love to have a Nighthawk, Ed Brown or Wilson but I really don't think I'd be carrying it everyday ... if ever. Lots of good stuff out there at great prices right now.
Jflytle and Cybercycle like this.

Last edited by PaulWVa; 12-31-2017 at 01:01 PM.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:58 PM   #10

Another thing to consider is that if you are arrested after the shooting and go to trial it's better that you have a pistol called a "Shield" or "Defender" in the court room as evidence versus a "Nightmare" or the "Judge" or any highly customized guns with hair triggers for more accurate shooting or mag wells for faster reloading or barrel bushing's that say "smile, wait for the flash", etc.
Consider your ammo also. Critical "Defense" versus the "Reaper".
Remember your jury will not have very many NRA members on it. The prosecuting attorney can and will use EVERYTHING against you.