Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Doons
  • 1 Post By speedydg13
  • 1 Post By Old Timer 57
  • 1 Post By Ice-and-Snow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2018, 11:34 AM   #1

Wow. Just got pointed to this guy!

Haven't checked out the others recommended yet, but this one is VERY good! Try him out!

"Sturgill Simpson doesn't fit today's common image of a country singer."

"there is an absolute explosion of amazing music in the underground country world that you will never hear on the radio. Turnpike Troubadours... Sturgil Simpson (who happens to be a secret CIA assassin), Whitey Morgan... its unreal how good these guys are."
Ice-and-Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-29-2018, 12:39 PM   #2

Hardly underground. He has won a Grammy and several AMA awards. He is also a Gun Control advocate, loves the ACLU and had this to say about our current President.

""He's a fascist fu--ing pig and I'm not afraid to say that," he said. "Anybody who's still supporting that guy can't be anything in my mind but an ignorant fu--ing bigot. So there it is. Anybody that's surprised to hear me say that is going to unfollow me or stop listening to my record was probably not listening that close anyway."

Hey it's America, you get to say what you want, right? I don't mind him attacking the President, fair game, although you would think a songwriter could have done it more eloquently? I'm out when he shares that anyone who doesn't think or believe what he does is stupid and a bigot.... Really like his sound but can't and won't tolerate nor support his political views. How did the similar banter and political attacks work out for the Dixie Chicks? Sorry, intolerance on either side gets me worked up and this guy is a poster child for intolerance.
speedydg13 likes this.
Sig Nightmare Carry .45
Sig P229 Legion .40

Tomorrow is promised to no one.
Doons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:47 PM   #3

Originally Posted by Doons View Post
Hardly underground. He has won a Grammy and several AMA awards. He is also a Gun Control advocate, loves the ACLU and had this to say about our current President.

""He's a fascist fu--ing pig and I'm not afraid to say that," he said. "Anybody who's still supporting that guy can't be anything in my mind but an ignorant fu--ing bigot. So there it is. Anybody that's surprised to hear me say that is going to unfollow me or stop listening to my record was probably not listening that close anyway."

Hey it's America, you get to say what you want, right? I don't mind him attacking the President, fair game, although you would think a songwriter could have done it more eloquently? I'm out when he shares that anyone who doesn't think or believe what he does is stupid and a bigot.... Really like his sound but can't and won't tolerate nor support his political views. How did the similar banter and political attacks work out for the Dixie Chicks? Sorry, intolerance on either side gets me worked up and this guy is a poster child for intolerance.
I don't believe Lorne Michaels would have him on SNL if he was against gun control, or if his politics were counter to Michaels'.
Hoffbrew likes this.

Old 01-29-2018, 06:33 PM   #4

Never heard of him! He can play a guitar pretty well, but that's just about all he has going for him. His voice, well you just have to get used to it.
speedydg13 likes this.

Semper Fi

Kimber Ultra CDP II .45 ACP
Kimber Stainless Micro 9mm
Old Timer 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 09:30 PM   #5

Oh. Ick. Never mind. I just haven't heard any good CW in a decade! (After it all went pop and rap!)
speedydg13 likes this.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:47 PM   #6

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SnowTao View Post
Oh. Ick. Never mind. I just haven't heard any good CW in a decade! (After it all went pop and rap!)
Agreed... "I don't think Hank done it this way..."
Old 02-01-2018, 06:35 AM   #7

Originally Posted by speedydg13 View Post
Agreed... "I don't think Hank done it this way..."
Now THAT'S good country!! (And he's good-lookin' as hell too!)