Is U.S. LawShield good coverage? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2018, 10:21 AM   #1

Is U.S. LawShield good coverage?

So recently we've been sold on the U.S. LawShield program and as I've done more research, I'm unsure if it's the best approach to legally protecting yourself or not. I would like to know if anyone here has it or has looked into it and what the general opinions are.

For those that don't know, it's basically a subscription service that's supposed to take care of your legal proceedings if you ever have to use your firearm in a self defense situation or for other related troubles. Here is their website for more details.

As far as the purported benefits of the program, I am already aware of them as I went through the sales pitch. However, what worried me a little bit and got me looking into it was how aggressively they pushed it as opposed to something like an NRA membership which was also discussed and then left at that for you to decide whether you wanted to join or not. I've had a bad taste left in my mouth with vacuum salesmen and the like, and while LawShield wasn't pandering at my front door, usually when a salesperson pushes a product that hard it's a red flag.

Thanks in advance.
Chuck43 likes this.

Last edited by GoCart; 02-08-2018 at 10:23 AM. Reason: typos
GoCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-08-2018, 10:27 AM   #2

That's a great and interesting question. I would be interested in seeing what members think and anyone that uses it.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:39 AM   #3

My Wife and I are covered under CCWSafe. 1 million bond and all Attorneys fees. It's not reimbursed insurance it's up front pre payed legal representation. If the need arises I call them for my bail and they send a legal team.
RustyIron and GoCart like this.
Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2018, 10:54 AM   #4

Oh and as a disclaimer, I've already done some trawling on the internet to find out a lot of the "bad" opinions of them. However, it's always easy to find sources to support whatever opinion you have if you go out looking for it. So rather than turn this into a bashing or praising thread, I want to see if anyone either has personal experience, or has done enough actual research to come up with a better solution.
GoCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:27 PM   #5

I have been a member of Texas Law Shield, US Law Shield, for four years now. I have not had to use them but being based in the Houston area I have been to several of their seminars, informative. Also, I have several friends that are a member of it too. Like you I have looked at several and who is to say which is the best, your decision. They are all a business out to make money. Good luck.
GoCart likes this.
Supertool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:43 PM   #6

I debated whether or not to respond to your question, GoCart given my short term membership with them. I was a member for 2 weeks and found that their back-office support was not conducive to supporting their members questions or even tracking down lost checks that I had sent them. Not one leadership person would return calls or emails once I joined. So, I decided that I probably could expect the same treatment if I really needed them in a self-defense case. The only good thing I can say about U.S. LawShield is that their training programs I attended were good, and you don't have to be a member to attend (unless that has changed). So, I cancelled my membership and have since joined the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network. I've had no issues with support from them.

Each of us have to make a decision to join one of the "networks" or insurance groups based on what fits your needs and expectations. Just do your homework first if you decide you need that kind of coverage/support.
GoCart likes this.
OGCA - Life Member
Cybercycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 03:46 PM   #7

I am with SDF, Self Defense Fund based in Fort Worth. They are Nationwide, check them out for comparison.
GoCart likes this.

SS Pro Carry II .45
Springfield XDm 3.8" 9mm
S&W M&P Shield .45
S&W SD9 9mm

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." ― John Wayne - The Shootist 1976
Doons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:07 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Albert.Cairns View Post
My Wife and I are covered under CCWSafe. 1 million bond and all Attorneys fees. It's not reimbursed insurance it's up front pre payed legal representation. If the need arises I call them for my bail and they send a legal team.
+1 for what Abert said.
One of the things that clinched it for me is they'll cover their clients for all types of self-defense, whether it involves a gun, knife, or bare hands.
GoCart likes this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:13 PM   #9

Originally Posted by Albert.Cairns View Post
Hey AC is this the one that you would suggest ?

https://ccwsafe.com/membership/414/531

Or is it one of the others offered ?

https://ccwsafe.com/memberships
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:40 PM   #10

I have the Defender plan with Spouse. But they've changed their plans and added since I locked mine in. Mine was the top plan when i started with them in September. Ran $279 a year for my wife and myself. Mine covers civil suits too but not needed in michigan with the stand your ground law they can't civil suit you if you were justified.
Mine covers 1 million in bond and all legal fees (even Civil) It's pre payed legal protection not really per say insurance.

No one really knows what to expect until it actually happens, at least I have bail and a legal team paid for up front.

By the way, if you are found guilty your still covered for appeal and don't have to reimburse moneys
Marshall, Elf1 and GoCart like this.
Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote