No "kneelers" at the Olympics - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2018, 09:14 PM   #1

No "kneelers" at the Olympics

Lot's of tears, smiles and pride in competing for their country. Some really entertaining events so far.... American snow boarder wins the first gold medal given to a person born after 2000. ...

Did anyone check out those Sci-Fi looking .22 rifles used in Biathlon? You have to see them to believe them. The sights, the slings, the stocks ...the actions ...are like no other gun.

Did anyone else see the Russian lady curler? Makes curling worth watching.

I enjoy the Olympics, I always have ... something different ... some very competitive sports that you only see every four years.
Chuck43, cousinmark and Supertool like this.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-12-2018, 10:23 PM   #2

Umm. I did see that male (?) figure skater use his time in the spotlight to attack the VP of the very same country he was supposed to be representing. I'm fairly certain that skater has done a fair share of "kneeling" in his lifetime.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:00 AM   #3

Gay ice skaters mindlessly bashing Trump. Is that an Olympic sport now?
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2018, 06:23 AM   #4

As much as VaTreeFarmer and ChattanoogaPhil may disagree(read don't like) what that skater has to say-He has the same "rights" as we all do to speak his thoughts/opinions, etc.
OLE442 and PaulWVa like this.
Nick1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:38 AM   #5

Originally Posted by Nick1946 View Post
As much as VaTreeFarmer and ChattanoogaPhil may disagree(read don't like) what that skater has to say-He has the same "rights" as we all do to speak his thoughts/opinions, etc.
Sure he does. And others have the right to call him out trying to politicize the Olympics which is exactly what the Olympics were designed to not do.

The gay Olympic ice skater mindlessly bashing Trump and trumpeting his homosexuality in connection to the Olympics is making it all about HIM. His comments illustrate he's self-consumed and has no respect for the Olympics. Asshat.

Oh, and you may now reply that I have the right to say that.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 02-13-2018 at 06:47 AM.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:49 AM   #6

Sure he does, but like the NFL there is a total lack of understanding of using a proper time and format for it, of which are virtually countless. That isn't it.
OLE442 and VaTreeFarmer like this.

"If you want peace, prepare for war."
KCJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:06 AM   #7

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
Sure he does. And others have the right to call him out trying to politicize the Olympics which is exactly what the Olympics were designed to not do.

The gay Olympic ice skater mindlessly bashing Trump and trumpeting his homosexuality in connection to the Olympics is making it all about HIM. His comments illustrate he's self-consumed and has no respect for the Olympics. Asshat.

Thanks, but I don't need your permission to reply or not. He bashed the VP, not trump and it was based on what the vp said about gays. Since when did being gay(which I'm not) = political? Maybe the vp learned from trump's tweets that it is ok to attack anyone and everyone. Apologies to the OP for derailing their thread.
Nick1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:14 AM   #8

Gay ice skaters
There's no reason to use two versions of description on this topic. Just say the guy is gay, or an ice skater. We've watched the Olympic before.

It's like saying "pants suit." We'd all know who you meant.
OLE442, wayne and Doons like this.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:22 AM   #9

I agree. That Adam Rippon dude is definitely using the Olympics to get his own talk show or something. He is the very definition of a Drama Queen. It's all about him.
ChattanoogaPhil likes this.
NewStainless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:42 AM   #10

Originally Posted by Nick1946 View Post
Thanks, but I don't need your permission to reply or not. He bashed the VP, not trump and it was based on what the vp said about gays.

Since when did being gay(which I'm not) = political? Maybe the vp learned from trump's tweets that it is ok to attack anyone and everyone. Apologies to the OP for derailing their thread.
Not bashing Trump?

“I don’t think he has a real concept of reality,” Rippon said of Pence. “To stand by some of the things that Donald Trump has said and for Mike Pence to say he’s a devout Christian man is completely contradictory."

So there you go. You can't be a Christian and stand by Trump. That's not bashing Trump...

Since when did being gay(which I'm not) = political?

A couple decades+ ago.

Anything else I can help you with?
Doons likes this.