• 3 Post By PaulWVa
  • 2 Post By Cucamonga kid
  • 5 Post By The Tourist
  • 2 Post By NewStainless
  • 5 Post By Elf1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2018, 08:47 AM   #1

What's Your Story?

A place to share your story of when you were glad you had your CCW. Or did not and wished you did.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:14 AM   #2

Seems like nobody wants to share. I'll start, I'm glad that I have my CCW everytime I walk out of the house. You never know what your going to run into. I'm also glad that I have never needed it, although I been in few fight's that it would change the out come of.
Cucamonga kid likes this.

AMERICA WE HAVE A PROBLEM
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:47 PM   #3

I've never had to draw my gun on the street. Like car insurance and fire extinguishers I hope I never have to use any of them. I tried to explain to a "carry newbie" that after awhile you'll feel very strange being out and about and not having your EDC. Don't leave home without it.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2018, 01:44 PM   #4

Oops! 😳

Back in the early 90s living in California my wife and I were packing to get ready to make the Laughlin River run on a motorcycle the next morning and I remembered I forgot to go pick up some cash. So that night, it was after dark, I drove my truck two blocks to the ATM which was outside on the parking lot side of my bank. After I got my cash I turned and took a few steps toward my truck and noticed a rather large fella walking straight towards me, not to the ATM machine, and my alarm bells went off immediately. Knowing that something was up I swept my unzipped jacket with my right hand and reached to the small of my back where I usually kept my Colt Combat Commander. Approximately 1/2 second after I made that move this gentleman ( and I use this term loosely) stopped in his tracks about 8 feet from me and started stuttering and asked me if I knew where a certain business was located. He use the word sir more than what I was used to and apparently he did not read the panic that I felt when I realized I had not taken my Colt that night; there was nothing in my hand but the gesture I had made sure changed his plans. I kept my gaze fixed on his eyes, I kept my hand under my jacket in the small of my back and kept that nervous smile and prayed that he would not call my bluff. He didn't and he thanked me again calling me sir and turned and walked away from where he came which I think it was in the bushes adjacent to the parking lot. I'll never forget that sinking feeling when I realized I forgot my CCW that night. But all's well that ends well.
RustyIron and DaveinNC like this.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:39 PM   #5

I've never had to draw, either. But I was glad I was armed.

In the mid-1980s you were allowed to carry at work if your boss approved it. I worked for one of the first independent long distance companies as their credit manager, so my boss just added the words, "Director of Security" to my job description.

I carried the small Detonics.

One morning I got a call from the boss, informing me that the previous sales manager had entered the building, and refused to leave.

Imagine a bag of pus but without the charisma. Sadly, his replacement wasn't much better, but that's a funny story for another time.

The former manager had been ushered into an empty room, and it was the worst kept secret that I carried on the job.

He turned when I entered the room, and I simply stated, "They want you to go."

He was about to say something when I added, "It's not a request..."

Never touched the pistol or pulled back my shirt to brandish it. But it is true, you can get more with a smile and a gun than you can with just a smile. He left without saying a word.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:01 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Cucamonga kid View Post
Back in the early 90s living in California my wife and I were packing to get ready to make the Laughlin River run on a motorcycle the next morning and I remembered I forgot to go pick up some cash. So that night, it was after dark, I drove my truck two blocks to the ATM which was outside on the parking lot side of my bank. After I got my cash I turned and took a few steps toward my truck and noticed a rather large fella walking straight towards me, not to the ATM machine, and my alarm bells went off immediately. Knowing that something was up I swept my unzipped jacket with my right hand and reached to the small of my back where I usually kept my Colt Combat Commander. Approximately 1/2 second after I made that move this gentleman ( and I use this term loosely) stopped in his tracks about 8 feet from me and started stuttering and asked me if I knew where a certain business was located. He use the word sir more than what I was used to and apparently he did not read the panic that I felt when I realized I had not taken my Colt that night; there was nothing in my hand but the gesture I had made sure changed his plans. I kept my gaze fixed on his eyes, I kept my hand under my jacket in the small of my back and kept that nervous smile and prayed that he would not call my bluff. He didn't and he thanked me again calling me sir and turned and walked away from where he came which I think it was in the bushes adjacent to the parking lot. I'll never forget that sinking feeling when I realized I forgot my CCW that night. But all's well that ends well.
You pulled an "Enzo" from The Godfather. I had a friend do that not too long ago. He was walking down the street at night and some guys made a bee-line for him. He reached into his empty coat under his arm like he had a shoulder holster and kept it there and stared at the guys. They turned around and left.

RustyIron and Cucamonga kid like this.
NewStainless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 03:04 PM   #7

Twenty years ago I lived half way between Tampa and Orlando. I worked full time there and went to school at night in Tampa. It was a little more than an hours drive and was not totally interstate at that time. I had to drive home through some very rough parts of town. Being a young, foolish, single female, I never worried about it. One night my car broke down in one of those dangerous parts of the drive. A man offered to drive me to the closest gas station where I could get some help. I did accept his ride but kept my hand on my EDC - at that time it was an S&W 38 ladies special. All went well but I have never been so happy to have it with me!