Gut feeling after recent Florida shooting - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree144Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2018, 08:34 AM   #1

Gut feeling after recent Florida shooting

Whatís everyoneís gut feeling about the future after the Florida school shooting? Me, I would be surprised if there wasnít massive reform on the way. Even Republican politicians seem to be caving. I just have a feeling there is some major legislation on the horizon. Public outcry is too great to ignore, especially for people trying to get reelected. Plus, we have a very unpopular President who people like to personally blame for everything (even though nobody blamed Obama for the dozens of mass shootings on his watch). Honestly, it is getting increasingly more difficult to justify things like 30+ round magazines, suppressors, and body armor. The ďshall not be infringedĒ argument just isnít effective anymore I fear. I wouldnít be surprised to see bans on magazines...all magazines. I know gun regulations wonít stop bad guys from breaking the law, but I think most people have had enough and just want SOMEMTHING to be done.

What do you think is the future of gun ownership?
NewStainless is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-18-2018, 09:04 AM   #2

I've heard the same weak-kneed defeatist predictions of doom and handwringing pablum from some gun owners for many years. After Sandy Hook the defeatist attitude was particularly nauseating. At the time, Obama was president and democrats held majority in the Senate. No gun control.

Reason: The rest of us stand proud with the 2A, destruct the false arguments of left-wing anti-gun kooks and donate to the NRA. We continue to prevail.

Here's what I think-

Stand proud with the 2A.
Educate yourself and destruct anti-gun lies and proaganda.
Donate to the NRA
Be positive and remain vigilant.
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:10 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Personally I think we're about to see the shit hit the fan. I don't own an AR, have no place to shoot one and have no need for one but I'm seriously thinking about buying one. We are in for one of the strongest fights of all time to ban our guns. If they succeed in banning the AR, what's next? Someone goes crazy with a semi auto shotgun or handgun, ban them, they've already established a precedent so what's to stop them.

Let's get real here for a moment, 99% of those that beat their chest and say they'll only get my guns from my cold dead hands are full of it. When pressured to turn in their guns they may deny having them, hide them or say they lost them when their boat sank but they're not going to start shooting out their front door at people coming for them.

More then ever it's time to put your money where your mouth is, don't sit back bitching about what's going on and depend on others to do your fighting for you. I am a Patriot Live Endowment level member of the NRA and a member of the Illinois State Rifle Association. I donate money, make phone calls and write to my representatives in local, state and national government.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:16 AM   #4

the media is the biggest problem in this country.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:20 AM   #5

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
I've heard the same weak-kneed defeatist predictions of doom and handwringing pablum from some gun owners for many years. After Sandy Hook the defeatist attitude was particularly nauseating. At the time, Obama was president and democrats held majority in the Senate. No gun control.

Reason: The rest of us stand proud with the 2A, destruct the false arguments of left-wing anti-gun kooks and donate to the NRA. We continue to prevail.

Here's what I think-

Stand proud with the 2A.
Educate yourself and destruct anti-gun lies and proaganda.
Donate to the NRA
Be positive and remain vigilant.
I respect your opinion, but I donít think that is an effective approach. California, NJ, NY, Ill...have all proven that YOUR gun rights are negotiable. There is very little standing in the way of those kind of Draconian gun laws gaining traction across the country in the name of public safety. I agree with your premise, however I donít think itís enough to just assume everything will be fine given the political climate right now. The anti-gun forces are not reasonable. They are rabid and fanatical. You arenít going to beat them with facts and government documents.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:23 AM   #6

the soy boys have gone mental.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:26 AM   #7

I'll just say what my grandfather told me and my two brothers when it came to defending ourselves. He told us to always look the guy straight in the eye and not blink or look away, because the moment you do that he will know that you're scared and will kick your ass and take away your lunch money.

The more I read and hear people say that they are going to take this and take that the more it makes me sick at my stomach because I see the link of the chain getting weaker and so do the gun grabbers. I won't and will never be apart of the chain that is weak.

Back in 1768 a man named John Dickinson wrote a song called "The Liberty Song". My favorite part of that song is this.......

"Then join hand in hand, brave Americans all. By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall"
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:35 AM   #8
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by NewStainless View Post
I respect your opinion, but I donít think that is an effective approach. California, NJ, NY, Ill...have all proven that YOUR gun rights are negotiable. There is very little standing in the way of those kind of Draconian gun laws gaining traction across the country in the name of public safety. I agree with your premise, however I donít think itís enough to just assume everything will be fine given the political climate right now. The anti-gun forces are not reasonable. They are rabid and fanatical. You arenít going to beat them with facts and government documents.
Don't mix Illinois in with Calif, NJ and NY, they are all going down hill losing more and more ground everyday. Here in Illinois we have been fighting and actually gaining ground. Our last big battle was to pass "Shall Issue Concealed Carry" even though Chicago was fought like hell to prevent it. We don't sit around on our asses bitching about something, we actually fight for what we want.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:37 AM   #9

This isn’t about what you or I think SHOULD happen, I’m talking about what I believe WILL happen. I am not confident that we survive this without major changes. The hits are coming fast an furious and the public is rightfully outraged. I believe their anger is justified, but emotionally misguided, fueled by an incredibly biased and ignorant media and fanned by pandering liberal politicians. The forces against us are increasing in power and support. We have to recognize this fact.
cousinmark likes this.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:40 AM   #10

Give an inch they want a mile. We all know the end game, total confiscation. Just a little at a time first the mags, then the AR type weapons then semi auto rifles and shotguns. FEINSTEIN " IF I COULD HAVE DONE IT, MR AND MRS AMERICIA TURN THEM ALL IN. BUT I DIDNT HAVE THE VOTES" Plain as the nose on your face. Never give an inch brothers and sisters, this is an on going war on our god given rights. Stand strong. Remember Votes count.

"Shall Not Be Infringed!"
Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote