AR 15 Discussion - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2018, 10:57 AM   #1

AR 15 Discussion

First I want to say RIP to all the people killed in these mass shootings.

Right now all we are hearing is band the AR 15 or raise the legal age to buy one. Is the AK’s going to be part of this?

If the age is raised what about our young men and women that sever our country, they can die protecting us but not buy a firearm if they are under the age of twenty one.

I have not owned or shot an AR type rifle since Aug 14, 1969 when I left Vietnam. At this time I am really considering buying one. I am an old man now but if called again I would go.

What is happening now since this conversation started, how many people that shouldn’t have these firearms are going out to purchase them?

I feel the news media doesn’t have anything else to talk about because they are looking for ratings and viewers, Russia is old news.

What about after Pearl Harbor when Japan was thing about invading Continental US but they realize the American People had guns in their homes and would fight.

I didn’t mean to affend anyone but us as law bidding citizens will have some of our rights taken away.
Old Timer 57 likes this.
Supertool is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-22-2018, 11:09 AM   #2

Originally Posted by Supertool View Post
Right now all we are hearing is band the AR 15 or raise the legal age to buy one. Is the AK’s going to be part of this?
Yes, the AR-15 is just a poster child because it's recognizable. Most legislative language that's getting thrown around includes "semi-auto" and "high capacity magazines" among other language though.

Originally Posted by Supertool View Post
I feel the news media doesn’t have anything else to talk about because they are looking for ratings and viewers, Russia is old news.
This has been true since the rise of 24-hour news networks around the '90s (maybe '80s?). It continues to get worse with continuing technology advancements and social habits. At the most basic sense, news organizations are businesses. Sure they may want to try to maintain "journalistic integrity" and stick to their views, but also they want to sell it as hard as they can to remain relevant and feed the bottom line.

Last edited by GoCart; 02-22-2018 at 11:10 AM. Reason: clarification
GoCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:19 AM   #3

What needs to happen is for the FBI and other agencies to act on their findings a little more aggresivley, the San Bernardino shooting could have been stopped. The nightclub shooting was taking place while the FBI was stationed outside. The general public needs to get more involved also they expect law enforcement to handle everything when law enforce cannot do much until the law is broken hence they show up after an event. The general public (AKA you and me) Need to be aware who we are living with as in neighborhoods also make sure your children growing up are getting the proper message while growing up. Know your co-workers better. There are basic things we can do as individuals to protect ourselves. There have been two shootings by underage boys at schools that could have been prevented with more awareness. Instead the pukes in washington and the liberal news media want to blame a certain gun how lame is that.
Elf1 and Karens like this.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2018, 11:24 AM   #4

I don't think ARs will be banned.

The Florida state House (ground zero for all this) gave a middle finger to the notion of a ban just yesterday. In an overwhelming defeat, a motion to consider ban legislation was stomped 36-72.
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:28 AM   #5

If they want to raise the age on buying rifles then they need to raise the age on driving, going to R rated movies, voting, joining the military, getting married, buying alcohol.
I'm with you on thinking about buying a AR type rifle. I have never really wanted 1 but every time they say they should be banned it makes the more it makes me want 1. Now the question is do I buy 1 or build 1?

I'm sure a lot people that shouldn't own any gun go out and buy whenever the conversion starts about banning them.
I've ask at couple of shops how these shooting's and talk about banning things affect the sales of those items, they all say it doesn't have much effect on the sales. The ones that have CCW classes say the classes fill up faster after a shooting makes the news.

AMERICA WE HAVE A PROBLEM
wayne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:33 AM   #6

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
I don't think ARs will be banned.

The Florida state House (ground zero for all this) gave a middle finger to the notion of a ban just yesterday. In an overwhelming defeat, a motion to consider ban legislation was stomped 36-72.
No you are probably right about that, but states such as CA. and Mass. etc. will just make laws so prohibitive as gun owners we cannot enjoy our sport without cost. We cannot ever let them take any of our guns. Once they get one they will get them all !!!

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:34 AM   #7

they are easy to build...
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:29 PM   #8

If anything, rumors of bans increase sales. I'll bet the executives at Colt are all ordering Corvettes.

You have to realize that the kids you see on TV are still traumatized, and hence used by the leftists. But you know the old saying, "A democrat never lets a perfectly good corpse go to waste."

You know how this is going to end in the era of the smart phone, don't you? Some intelligent kid is going to realize he's being played, and he's going to text, tweet and FaceBook ever other kid on the planet.

Remember the cover-up is always worse than the crime.
PaulWVa likes this.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:03 PM   #9

Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
If anything, rumors of bans increase sales. I'll bet the executives at Colt are all ordering Corvettes.

You have to realize that the kids you see on TV are still traumatized, and hence used by the leftists. But you know the old saying, "A democrat never lets a perfectly good corpse go to waste."

You know how this is going to end in the era of the smart phone, don't you? Some intelligent kid is going to realize he's being played, and he's going to text, tweet and FaceBook ever other kid on the planet.

Remember the cover-up is always worse than the crime.
Speaking of Colt, my Colt M-4 is very accurate from 200 yards...with iron sights.

I laugh at those that spout "Who even needs an AR???" and wonder if they have ever shot one or hunted. I prefer my AR-15 over a long rifle for varmint hunting and gut shooting hogs. It's smaller, lighter, easier & quicker to raise and aim, and holds a lot more ammo. For larger hogs, I use a higher caliber AR-10.
rushrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:36 PM   #10

Originally Posted by rushrock View Post
I laugh at those that spout "Who even needs an AR???" and wonder if they have ever shot one or hunted. I prefer my AR-15 over a long rifle for varmint hunting and gut shooting hogs. It's smaller, lighter, easier & quicker to raise and aim, and holds a lot more ammo. For larger hogs, I use a higher caliber AR-10.
That's a good perspective for the hunting argument. For most of my considerations, I'd say that the AR-15 is a poor hunting rifle. The thing is, my circle is generally talking about white-tail or mule deer. Mostly I prefer a larger round even though the .223 gets the job done. One thing I haven't done much research on, but we've brought up before--do the .223 wound ballistics have a chance of spoiling more meat? We just talked about it casually, but I've heard the stories where a bullet can enter a shoulder or something and then bounce all around the chest cavity in a person. While I'm sure that's in limited cases, I was wondering if anyone has more familiarity with using it in larger game hunting.
GoCart is offline   Reply With Quote