Now is the time to get involved in Friends of NRA - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Gmountain

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2018, 06:19 AM   #1

Now is the time to get involved in Friends of NRA

Now is a great time to actually get involved and make a difference. The Friends of the NRA raises money for student education, youth shooting programs, disabled veterans shooting programs, youth education, and preservation of the shooting sports.
https://friendsofnra.org/default.aspx

The money raised is distributed by grants. Scouts, 4-H, hunter education, school shooting teams, Eddie the Eagle, and all sorts of other programs.

There are over 1100 local Friends of the NRA committees nationwide. Every committee has one vote in ther state as to how grants are distributed in that state. We have two grant meetings in Florida each year, and WE get to decide how to fund the grant applications. We get a lot of grant applications too. At our fall meeting we gave away almost $500,000. The spring meeting is coming up soon.

We have shooting programs in almost all the high schools in this area. They compete too. They are learning about marksmanship, responsible gun handling, and having fun.

What I am challenging everyone to do is to get involved and make a positive impact. Volunteer for your local committee. (the link tells you how to do it. It's easy) Go to an event. Take your friends to an event.

Now is the time. I've read on the forum how people think it's time for civil war and time to take action. Well, this is action. Shaping the future, in a positive way. Getting the word out. Standing up proudly. I hope everyone feels it's in important enough issue to donate some time- maybe 20 hours over the next year. 20 hours is nothing, but it will make a big difference.

Thanks.
Chuck43 and Marshall like this.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-23-2018, 07:11 AM   #2

Excellent. I just signed up to be a volunteer. I also sent in a request last week for more information on the NRA's School Shield program but haven't heard back yet.

This is a great time to get involved.
NewStainless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:57 AM   #3

Originally Posted by NewStainless View Post
Excellent. I just signed up to be a volunteer. I also sent in a request last week for more information on the NRA's School Shield program but haven't heard back yet.

This is a great time to get involved.
Great news! You'll enjoy it.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote