"In God We Trust"...Proud of Florida today! - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2018, 08:30 AM   #1

"In God We Trust"...Proud of Florida today!

'In God We Trust' Bill Passes Fla H | The Daily Caller

Maybe the pendulum is swinging in our direction. I am surprised this bill passed.

"Those who sponsored and supported the bill, both Democrats and Republicans, offered it as one such solution, saying that introducing and welcoming God into the school environment would combat the causes of mass shootings and other tragedies."

Now there is a novel idea! Address the cause, not just the symptom.

Last edited by NewStainless; 02-23-2018 at 08:32 AM.
NewStainless is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-23-2018, 09:09 AM   #2

I was surprised and actually kind of torn when I first read the headline, but after looking into the details some, I agree with it.

It seems that most of the intent is simply removes all the legal BS that makes it tricky to say the Pledge of Allegiance, In God We Trust, and causes someone to lose their mind when God is mentioned in school.
GoCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:06 AM   #3

Originally Posted by GoCart View Post
I was surprised and actually kind of torn when I first read the headline, but after looking into the details some, I agree with it.

It seems that most of the intent is simply removes all the legal BS that makes it tricky to say the Pledge of Allegiance, In God We Trust, and causes someone to lose their mind when God is mentioned in school.
Itís governmental acknowledgement and approval of God. Itís a public recognizing that the removal of God from the public school system is partly to blame.
ChattanoogaPhil likes this.
NewStainless is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2018, 12:36 PM   #4

So Which God has been approved for public school?
wayne likes this.
Propsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:55 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Propsail View Post
So Which God has been approved for public school?
They aren't endorsing any religion with the proposed legislation. They are simply allowing the historical values and principles that shaped the nation to be taught.

I suppose you could specify that they are referring to a Christian view of God for the most part as it is what influenced the early development of the country. I think that's why this isn't really a controversial topic either. It's not meant to promote any specific religion to be taught in schools, but that doesn't change the impact that faith has had in the past. Just because today's culture is so cautious to separate church and state to avoid any divisiveness in such arguments about religion, shouldn't mean that we are forbidden to talk about it in a learning environment.
RugerLuger and NewStainless like this.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:09 PM   #6

Does anyone think this is going to really help? Its like saying our thoughts and prayers are with you, that doesn't stop this and putting that quote somewhere in the schools is not going to stop some nut job from shooting up the school. My daughter just called me in a panic because the school my grandsons are in someone found a bullet...really a bullet!!! and the panic this has caused to students and parents is unimaginable! I don' think this bill is going help society or the problems. I believe in God and pray almost every night and have been for a long time still not helping.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:21 PM   #7

Originally Posted by karenschro View Post
Does anyone think this is going to really help? Its like saying our thoughts and prayers are with you, that doesn't stop this and putting that quote somewhere in the schools is not going to stop some nut job from shooting up the school. My daughter just called me in a panic because the school my grandsons are in someone found a bullet...really a bullet!!! and the panic this has caused to students and parents is unimaginable! I don' think this bill is going help society or the problems. I believe in God and pray almost every night and have been for a long time still not helping.
Well I don't think it will do much by itself either. I have to agree that it's pretty much solving a non-issue, but I don't see it hurting anything either.

Values should really be taught at home, but there is no way to legislate parents to raise their kids properly, nor should there be. Any problems that society has is because we've* put ourselves in that position. It doesn't seem like it's going to change any time soon either, because the focus remains on what the government should do to solve these problems, not people taking ownership themselves.

*by we I mean how today's culture is as a whole, especially among the child raising generation, not any specific person here
Karens likes this.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:29 PM   #8

Nope it won't help one bit, but maybe it's step towards backing off the coddling of people and teaching children that are serious consequences for their actions. Albeit a small step but a step nonetheless.
Karens likes this.

AMERICA WE HAVE A PROBLEM
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:35 PM   #9

Shapiro said yesterday at CPAC. The days of being politically correct are over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:44 PM   #10

Unfortunately, its the me generation. Parents are afraid to discipline their children for fear of being labeled abusive. There was a paddle in my house and no talking back, no if I did not like what was put in front of me to eat, my mom made me something else. There is no respect for human life, no authority, no one watching these kids or caring what happens to them. To much TV and outside influence, peer pressure and the drugs are still out of control. It takes a village. The government will not help, we cannot sit and wait for someone else to make a change. We need to be the change.
GoCart likes this.