San Francisco shoot-out last night! - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree57Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2018, 09:52 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
PaulWVa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Dunbar, WVa
Posts: 1,512
San Francisco shoot-out last night!

Just watched the video of a police shoot out with a murder suspect. Bad guy fires two rounds ... Cops fire 65 rounds ...no one hit anything.
You can hear cops yelling in background , "Get more ammo!!"

Bad guy was in an RV (motorhome) ... I want one of these things for home protect. "Quick honey run to the RV ... we'll be safe there!"

Truly amazing video by the way.

Last edited by PaulWVa; 03-01-2018 at 10:36 AM.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-01-2018, 10:17 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
NewStainless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 465
Police are spending too much time playing basketball in the neighborhood and handing out ice cream instead of training for emergencies. I think the police need to get back to what they are there for and stop trying to being so buddy-buddy with the public.
byern and DaveinNC like this.
NewStainless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:30 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 19,285
It's called community outreach and it's been going on since I was in grade school in the 70's. Ever heard of Officer Friendly ??

Many of these programs are set up in the inner city where trust between the police and those that live in those neighborhoods is nonexistent. If the police can connect with kids and show them that they can be trusted just maybe the next time there is a crime in that area they will talk to the police instead of remaining silent because those kids are taught from a very young age that "snitches get stitches".
GoCart likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 03-01-2018, 10:49 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
NewStainless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 465
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
It's called community outreach and it's been going on since I was in grade school in the 70's. Ever heard of Officer Friendly ??

Many of these programs are set up in the inner city where trust between the police and those that live in those neighborhoods is nonexistent. If the police can connect with kids and show them that they can be trusted just maybe the next time there is a crime in that area they will talk to the police instead of remaining silent because those kids are taught from a very young age that "snitches get stitches".
I think itís gone a little too far in the friendly direction to the point where people donít see them as authority figures any more.
NewStainless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:51 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 19,285
Originally Posted by PaulWVa View Post
Just watched the video of a police shoot out with a murder suspect. Bad guy fires two rounds ... Cops fire 65 rounds ...no one hit anything.
You can hear cops yelling in background , "Get more ammo!!"

Bad guy was in an RV (motorhome) ... I want one of these things for home protect. "Quick honey run to the RV ... we'll be safe there!"

Truly amazing video by the way.
Supertool, PaulWVa and Karens like this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:56 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 19,285
Originally Posted by NewStainless View Post
Police are spending too much time playing basketball in the neighborhood and handing out ice cream instead of training for emergencies. I think the police need to get back to what they are there for and stop trying to being so buddy-buddy with the public.
Originally Posted by NewStainless View Post
I think itís gone a little too far in the friendly direction to the point where people donít see them as authority figures any more.
That's your opinion, but how the heck did this even come up in a thread about a cop shooting in San Fran ??

"Hey look, squirrel"........
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:01 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
2sharp2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 11,241
WOW just WOW?
__________________
The Kimber Family

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:31 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
RustyIron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: La Habra, California
Posts: 2,915
Um... What are they shooting at?
I especially got a kick out of the guy who dove to the ground and started flopping around like a goldfish. That boy has been watching too many Bruce Willis movies.
__________________


Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:41 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
swca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Spring Valley,Ca.
Posts: 4,175
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Range time,range time I keep telling you practice,practice and more practice.
__________________
Tom

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:46 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 19,285
Originally Posted by swca View Post
Range time,range time I keep telling you practice,practice and more practice.
You know Tom I won't bash the cops too much after not hitting the guy after 65 attempts since they were in a heated battle at the time,{sarcasm} but not one freaking piece of lead hit the perp ? Hell, even Stevie Wonder picks out the right color of tie for a suit once in awhile.....
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What your favorite place to shoot? PattersonRJR Kimber Talk 18 11-01-2017 07:18 PM
First time at the range with my Woodland Night (multiple failures) ckisgen Kimber Micro 9 Forum 14 10-30-2017 10:46 AM
M9 Woodland Night 1st Time at Range Masquer08er Kimber Micro 9 Forum 12 08-15-2017 09:38 PM
NIght SIghts are Here! Rangemeister Kimber Micro 9 Forum 22 06-04-2017 09:49 PM