Elton John, seriously... - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2018, 08:11 PM   #1

Elton John, seriously...

I'm all for these old farts (no offense anyone) cashing in on their hits from way back when. Hey why not? They were the soundtracks for lives right?
I just watched a video of "Sir Elton" walking off stage because a fan was extending his hand for a high five. This happened in Vegas, I guess part of Elton's show involved the fans from the front row being INVITED onstage during his performance of "Saturday Night". Although I have no inside knowledge I'll bet there's a film in the works. This is "Sir Elton's " farewell tour so I'm pretty sure the fans being onstage in the first place is for a documentary of some sort? So they're invited onstage by the venue, I'm sure those weren't cheap seats, and an enamored fan extends his hand to Elton for the high five? Elton gazes his way and looks to say, #uck #ff!!! Then the snotty ba$tard prances off stage, the band keeps playing the tune out... Elton returns and says he's sorry someone "#ucked it up".
...C'mon you queeny ba$tard, these people just paid ????.?? for a freeking ticket, you can't slap the dudes hand????
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-03-2018, 08:25 PM   #2

Elton's security guard was polite in pushing back that drunken fool several times during the performance. That's their job. The fool was warned. In real life, that stupid fuc% should have had his arm ripped off as he was dragged from the stage.
Marshall and Karens like this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:26 PM   #3

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
I'm all for these old farts (no offense anyone) cashing in on their hits from way back when. Hey why not? They were the soundtracks for lives right?
I just watched a video of "Sir Elton" walking off stage because a fan was extending his hand for a high five. This happened in Vegas, I guess part of Elton's show involved the fans from the front row being INVITED onstage during his performance of "Saturday Night". Although I have no inside knowledge I'll bet there's a film in the works. This is "Sir Elton's " farewell tour so I'm pretty sure the fans being onstage in the first place is for a documentary of some sort? So they're invited onstage by the venue, I'm sure those weren't cheap seats, and an enamored fan extends his hand to Elton for the high five? Elton gazes his way and looks to say, #uck #ff!!! Then the snotty ba$tard prances off stage, the band keeps playing the tune out... Elton returns and says he's sorry someone "#ucked it up".
...C'mon you queeny ba$tard, these people just paid ????.?? for a freeking ticket, you can't slap the dudes hand????
Okay, I'll defend Sir Elton on a gun forum like anyone gives a rats ass anyway.....

The guy kept reaching out to touch Elton at least 4 times and it wasn't a high five in my opinion. I don't like people touching me and probably would have smacked the guy, but Elton got pissed and walked off stage.

Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2018, 08:40 PM   #4

The last concert I was at they had a 4 ft space railed off before the stage..if you went over you got tackled..these guys didn't mess around..
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:54 PM   #5

Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
Elton's security guard was polite in pushing back that drunken fool several times during the performance. That's their job. The fool was warned. In real life, that stupid fuc% should have had his arm ripped off as he was dragged from the stage.
The "fools" were invited onstage by the promoters or producers, Elton verbally invited them. This isn't exactly Eltons first big trip what the hell did he expect? He invited "drunken fools" onto the stage and they were excited...
I'm cool with not wanting to be touched but if that's your deal don't invite the fans into your personal space, WTF...
DaveinNC likes this.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:15 PM   #6

Back in the mid 90's I won backstage tickets to a Metallica concert and one of the very first things that they told us was not to even think about touching any of the band members. These fans were not clueless to what was going to happen because EJ has been doing it at every stop on this tour and I would bet the house on that they were told the same thing. Don't touch Sir Elton.

Now I feel the need to burp, fart, scratch the twins are watch a rerun of Gunsmoke to get my man card back after talking about this on a gun forum.......

What would Drafter think ??--------
Dude22, bigdog10, 2sharp2 and 2 others like this.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:40 PM   #7

Talking

Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Back in the mid 90's I won backstage tickets to a Metallica concert and one of the very first things that they told us was not to even think about touching any of the band members. These fans were not clueless to what was going to happen because EJ has been doing it at every stop on this tour and I would bet the house on that they were told the same thing. Don't touch Sir Elton.

Now I feel the need to burp, fart, scratch the twins are watch a rerun of Gunsmoke to get my man card back after talking about this on a gun forum.......

What would Drafter think ??--------
Hey, sorry to breach protocol on a gun forum Marshall??? I thought this was an area for "off topic" type comments, thanks for pointing out my error. Sorry to have distracted you from "the lads" or those reruns of Gunsmoke or what ever you're up to??? It was only an OPINION. I've seen a few fairly famous musicians interact with their fans a bit differently than Elton so his reaction struck me as "a touch to much" ???
...anyways have a nice burp
Chuck43 and Marshall like this.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:51 PM   #8

Awe Cuz I'm just messing with ya, no harm no foul okay ??

It's slow on the forum anyway tonight so we have to read something right ?

I was just in the mood to throw the chicken across the road a bit if you know what that means. If not it meant this......

Back when I was about 10 years old we took a trip down to where my father grew up in Camden, Tennessee. It was way up in the sticks and no offense to rednecks, but this may have been where they started the term. Anyhoo, I sat on the corner of a street and watched my 2 cousins throw a live chicken back and forth across the dirt road and the object was whoever ended up with the chicken when it was dead had to clean it for the evening supper.

So like I said, I just felt like throwing a bird across the road tonight and didn't mean any harm....
cousinmark likes this.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:55 AM   #9

I think the guy should have been slapped for paying good $$$ to go see a queen play a piano.
OLE442, cousinmark and DaveinNC like this.
drafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 06:24 AM   #10

Paying to come on stage does NOT include touching someone you do not know. And in these days of nutcases -- suppose the drunk was armed with a knife or a hypodermic?!

Elton probably cannot wear a gun onstage (if he would, and I expect he wouldn't -- although he IS 'married' to a Georgian and lived here (lives here?) for many years. Could have been slightly unbrainwashed? But probably not.) -- and the guards? Are like the cops -- NOT (few enough) seconds away!
Ice-and-Snow is offline   Reply With Quote