Parkland Florida Shooter Didn't Use High Capacity Magazines - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2018, 11:28 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Parkland Florida Shooter Didn't Use High Capacity Magazines

I don't know is this has been discussed already or if it's really true. A fellow shooter at the gym today was telling me that the kid didn't have any high capacity magazines on him, they wouldn't fit in the bag he carried. I did a quick google search and came up with this.......

Report: Parkland Shooter Did Not Use High-Capacity Magazines

The gunman used only 10-round magazines.

The Parkland shooter did not use magazines larger than 10 rounds, but gun-reform lobbyists are calling on lawmakers to ban higher-capacity magazines after the Valentine’s Day tragedy.

The 19-year-old school shooter who killed 17 in Florida on Valentine’s Day had 150 rounds of ammunition in 10-round magazines. Larger ones would not fit in his bag, Florida state senator Lauren Book revealed.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:34 AM   #2

That's why we all need to use three round magazines. And his rifle jammed, so we need to use GI magazines rather than PMAGs.
Chuck43 likes this.

Join the NRA

Last edited by RustyIron; 03-06-2018 at 11:39 AM.
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:53 AM   #3

Another inconvenient fact...
Chuck43 likes this.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2018, 12:02 PM   #4

You almost feel the dems are happy as hell and are having a social media party bashing AR's and anything looking dangerous! This last shooting plays right into their hands as far as fodder for advancing their true agenda which is disarmarming the general public thus leaving the criminal element and law enforcement and military as the ones with firearms!
Chuck43 likes this.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:59 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
The gunman used only 10-round magazines.

The Parkland shooter did not use magazines larger than 10 rounds, but gun-reform lobbyists are calling on lawmakers to ban higher-capacity magazines after the Valentine’s Day tragedy.

The 19-year-old school shooter who killed 17 in Florida on Valentine’s Day had 150 rounds of ammunition in 10-round magazines. Larger ones would not fit in his bag, Florida state senator Lauren Book revealed.
But think of the millions that could have died if he had higher capacity magazines! HE COULD STILL BE KILLING TO THIS DAY!

On a more serious note, how can a duffle bag fit an AR-15, but only be able to fit 10 round instead of 30 round mags? What a doofus.
Chuck43 likes this.
GoCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 01:09 PM   #6

can you buy 30's in florida?

40s are a staple here
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 01:19 PM   #7

Originally Posted by GoCart View Post
But think of the millions that could have died if he had higher capacity magazines! HE COULD STILL BE KILLING TO THIS DAY!
And the Broward County Sheriff Department would still be outside the school waiting for the gunfire to stop.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 01:29 PM   #8

The Miami Herald reported this also back on Feb 27th. I watch Fox most of the time and don't recall a story about this.

Several state legislators who visited the school with crime-scene investigators said they learned from police that Cruz’s rifle was not top-of-the-line, perhaps explaining the malfunction.

The “weapon and bullets were not high quality and were breaking apart,” one of the legislators, state Sen. Lauren Book, D-Plantation, told the Herald.

Cruz went in with only 10-round magazines because larger clips would not fit in his duffel bag, Book said

Nikolas Cruz's gun may have jammed during Parkland school shooting | Miami Herald
Chuck43 and Karens like this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 01:44 PM   #9

Originally Posted by swca View Post
You almost feel the dems are happy as hell and are having a social media party bashing AR's and anything looking dangerous! This last shooting plays right into their hands as far as fodder for advancing their true agenda which is disarmarming the general public thus leaving the criminal element and law enforcement and military as the ones with firearms!
And when only the criminals, LE and military have the guns I will be a criminal or dead because they aren't getting mine.
Ice-and-Snow likes this.

AMERICA WE HAVE A PROBLEM
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 02:02 PM   #10

Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
...The “weapon and bullets were not high quality and were breaking apart,” one of the legislators, state Sen. Lauren Book, D-Plantation, told the Herald....
What is that even supposed to mean? It's not like it was a 3-D printed AR that was falling apart in his hand as he was shooting it. Was he duct taping these "bullets" as they were breaking apart in his hands?

If anything, it just sounds like either uninformed reporting, or that the senator was just making sh!t up as they were going along. While I don't doubt that he may have had malfunctions that slowed him down, the way it's reported just makes it seem like a nonsense article.
GoCart is offline   Reply With Quote