The system is broken - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree231Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2018, 05:40 AM   #1

The system is broken

I love that high school kids across America feel compelled to march or do something to curb violence. Civic involvement should be applauded (too bad there are groups trying to exploit these young people.) But, I hope they will take the time to understand the real problem. There are incompetent people in charge of the system. The system failed. Don't put further trust in the system. Take control of your school, your safety, your life. Never surrender your freedom for an ounce of perceived safety.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...vente-n2459432
2sharp2, Hoffbrew, Spotly and 8 others like this.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-14-2018, 06:23 AM   #2

Kids are incapable of truly understanding. They may gain the knowledge (hopefully), but real understanding can only happen with knowledge + experience, which comes with time. This is not a criticism, just an observation. I do hope they will learn what you said so well, though.
Also, parents need to look at alternatives to public schools. Having worked in "good" and "bad" public schools, I would not send my children to any of them. They learn more than the 3 r's. They are inculcated with beliefs (the list is so long) contrary to those that made America and Americans prosper. These are "taught" despite the best efforts of some good and great teachers.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:56 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Masquer08er View Post
Kids are incapable of truly understanding. They may gain the knowledge (hopefully), but real understanding can only happen with knowledge + experience, which comes with time.
Part of the problem is getting that experience, today we shelter the children from anything and everything. Experience is getting to be something they read about on their phone. I should correct that to "listened to" on their phone, as one 12th grader told me "listening is the new reading".
Elf1, Bear604, PaulWVa and 3 others like this.

Old 03-14-2018, 07:19 AM   #4

C'mon... let's get real. The "kids" are doing what they are told to do. They are being used as props for an anti-gun political agenda.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:41 AM   #5

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
C'mon... let's get real. The "kids" are doing what they are told to do. They are being used as props for an anti-gun political agenda.
That's it right there. Does anyone believe all those kids from South Florida spontaneously organized and coordinated their own bus transportation, lodging, food and media for their recent trip to Tallahassee to demand gun control in the state capitol? It would normally take months to plan a field trip like that. Something smells bad in the fish house. I'd like to know who planned and paid for all that. It wasn't kids, parents or the school board, that's for sure. These kids are being used, and their parents are complicit.
NewStainless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:46 AM   #6

And it's the adults, too. I wrote a letter to the editor a few days ago, and the libtards are still squeaking about it. One guy wrote in today stating that an AR-15 should also be called an "assault weapon" because it looks the same as an older M-16.

Maybe the guy should be arrested because he looks like several mug-shots...

As for kids, didn't every generation of youngsters view the world as black and white? What bothers me the most is that all of them think they can "vote away" the 2A. Where are the teachers showing them the Constitutional way Amendments are added or revoked.

History books with The Volstead Act should be easy to find. Younger female students should also be taught on how the ERA failed to be ratified.
PaulWVa, Masquer08er and wayne like this.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:53 AM   #7

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Part of the problem is getting that experience, today we shelter the children from anything and everything. Experience is getting to be something they read about on their phone. I should correct that to "listened to" on their phone, as one 12th grader told me "listening is the new reading".
I'll take it one step further...if you want to get something done, just tell everyone "it's for the children". Nobody is going to argue against that. We have this idea now that children must be protected, sheltered and completely removed from anything even potentially dangerous, risky, traumatic or offensive. Kids expect the "Royal Treatment" at all times now. These kids actually believe they have the power to march into the state capitol and demand sweeping changes. Now students are planning a school walkout to send a message because they didn't get their way.

I'm all for kids getting involved, but adults need to keep it in perspective. They are children, not decision makers and policy influencers.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:58 AM   #8

Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
And it's the adults, too. I wrote a letter to the editor a few days ago, and the libtards are still squeaking about it. One guy wrote in today stating that an AR-15 should also be called an "assault weapon" because it looks the same as an older M-16.

Maybe the guy should be arrested because he looks like several mug-shots...

As for kids, didn't every generation of youngsters view the world as black and white? What bothers me the most is that all of them think they can "vote away" the 2A. Where are the teachers showing them the Constitutional way Amendments are added or revoked.

History books with The Volstead Act should be easy to find. Younger female students should also be taught on how the ERA failed to be ratified.
Find me a teacher who understands civics and government. Maybe the one or two high school teachers in the school who actually teach government...but your average math, history, english, science teacher knows nothing about the topic. Plus, the teaching profession is HEAVILY populated by liberal women who are naturally terrified of guns.
Chuck43, Supertool and wayne like this.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:16 AM   #9

Originally Posted by NewStainless View Post
Find me a teacher who understands civics and government. Maybe the one or two high school teachers in the school who actually teach government...but your average math, history, english, science teacher knows nothing about the topic. Plus, the teaching profession is HEAVILY populated by liberal women who are naturally terrified of guns.
I see the "blue-haired old lady" stereotype is alive and well. I am a teacher and I have taught at several schools. What I haven't seen is your straw-man wandering the halls. What I do see is a large number of veterans and sport shooters.

Just today I stumbled across a rather fair news piece on arming teachers. This school has had armed teaches for a decade; yet there have been no incidents of any kind.

Yes, I would like to see 'appropriate and available' training for teachers. I recently signed up for a training course run by a sheriff's department near where I live. It is a seven week course that is going to run a few condensed 3.5 week sessions this summer. The waiting list is almost six months out, for this course, right now. I think the California POST reserve academy courses that I took were good; but that was over twenty years ago.
Hasaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:22 AM   #10

Originally Posted by NewStainless View Post
They are children, not decision makers and policy influencers.
I think every generation goes through the "rite of passage." I was here in Madison for the Vietnam protests. The best chant was:

"What do we want?"
PEACE!
"When do we want it?"
NOW!

Yikes, it took the international peace committee 18 months to decide on the correctly shaped table for negotiations.

Technically, thousands of people in my age group died for feng shui.
Insta-Gator, Elf1 and wayne like this.