Arguing for a border wall... - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2018, 06:04 PM   #1

Arguing for a border wall...

(I was going to title this thread "I used to argue a LOT here" with a punctilious annoying member who actually thought the NY Times (!!!!) was a GOOD resource for info!!!, but he's gone now...)

(Ah, it was Richard -- I was going to write that I can't even remember his name, but I guess I can...)

Anyway, once upon a time, amongst many many fights -- he gave me a ration of sh|t -- and I gave it back -- about the border wall... he had alllll the reasons why a wall wouldn't work... And I piled the reasons on about why OF COURSE it would! (Can't FIND that thread now, so maybe it's gone?) It was closed anyway; poor Chuck put up with a LOT back then! Hi Chuck, love you!! )

Anyway, just read this good article with pix and data:

https://www.vdare.com/articles/borde...over-the-world
bigdog10, cousinmark and starnovi like this.
Ice-and-Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-28-2018, 06:42 PM   #2

mine field works for me
2sharp2 likes this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 06:43 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SnowTao View Post
It was closed anyway; poor Chuck put up with a LOT back then! Hi Chuck, love you!! )
Hi El, love you too, just because I close a thread that doesn't mean it's deleted. If you have a clue as to what it was about you might PM Marshall. I'm not kidding, I don't know how he does it but the guy can find stuff on the forum like Arland can find a gun deal on Gunbroker. He's either one talented guy or the luckiest Irishman I know but he gets the job done.
2sharp2, Ice-and-Snow and DaveinNC like this.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:57 PM   #4

I am all for a wall in fact I know a way Mexico will pay for some of the wall. All those green card workers who come across our borders everyday to go to work and then return to Mexico to spend their paychecks should be charged a dollar everytime they come into the us. I do not know how may cross every day but will it bring in a buck or two. I would like to add even if we cannot build it in rough areas it will help funnel those nice illegal entrants to the us to certain areas to be caught. Just build the wall where ever we can and force them to cross in the hard to cross areas.
DaveinNC likes this.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm

Last edited by swca; 03-28-2018 at 07:02 PM.
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:05 PM   #5

BUILD THE WALL! If they asked for donations I would contribute!
OLE442 and DaveinNC like this.
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:41 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Hi El, love you too, just because I close a thread that doesn't mean it's deleted. If you have a clue as to what it was about you might PM Marshall. I'm not kidding, I don't know how he does it but the guy can find stuff on the forum like Arland can find a gun deal on Gunbroker. He's either one talented guy or the luckiest Irishman I know but he gets the job done.
Speaking of deals check my latest thread!

Yeah, wall + mine field = WIN
Chuck43 and bigdog10 like this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger

Last edited by 2sharp2; 03-28-2018 at 07:44 PM.
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:46 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
I love a challenge Chuck, but in no way, shape or form will I put myself through reading/searching through threads from two of the longest winded writers on KT. No offense intended at all, just not into reading that much.......
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 08:40 PM   #8

I think the Government should put all the illegal aliens on a chain gang to build the wall from U.S materials only. That would put a stop to their illegal crossing in a heart beat.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
swca and cousinmark like this.
bobbyleebrown.bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 10:51 PM   #9

The fact that we don't already have better border control is criminal in my mind. The lack of security had been exploited for decades, in my opinion the ultimate goal being to INCREASE the number of democrats. It certainly looks like that "pathway to citizenship" is in the works :-(
...let's not forget about the "bonus" consequence of a drug addicted portion of our population that comes with leaving the proverbial door unattended. The highest numbers EVER, and growing. The prognosis for recovery, "not good" at best for those who try to get treatment. Yearly seizure rates are in measured in TONS and that's only the tip of the iceberg!!!
...hopefully some of that $$$ budgeted for the military WILL be able to be utilized? I don't think most people realize how big of a problem we have. Sure seems like a national security issue to me? Wall, fence, mines, drones, satellites with lasers, what ever... JUST DO IT!!!! JMO
bigdog10 and swca like this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:45 AM   #10

I lived in Europe from 1983-86. Traveled extensively throughout the continent, including USSR in 85 (the height of the Cold War). Nobody has border wall there (well, except Berlin back in the day). Anyway, there are no border walls in Europe. However, you get caught illegally in one of those countries the penalties are severe. That is one area that I think Europe has it right. They secure their borders. It would be ideal if we could do that with Mexico, but Mexico is basically a lawless 3rd world country. The only way to manage illegal immigration in the south is to build a wall. The problem is Mexico and all the hell-hole Central American countries. We can not control them and they are not capable of policing themselves. Once the wall is built, then you start enforcing immigration laws the way Europe does. Without a wall, everything else is useless. As for a budget...it's a drop in the bucket.
cousinmark likes this.
NewStainless is offline   Reply With Quote