Saf says ‘gun control hysteria’ is reason march nics checks spiked - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree28Likes
  • 13 Post By Chuck43
  • 5 Post By Mini Me
  • 5 Post By bhunted
  • 4 Post By PaulWVa
  • 1 Post By Lineman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2018, 06:33 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Saf says ‘gun control hysteria’ is reason march nics checks spiked

BELLEVUE, WA — A record number of background checks initiated with the National Instant Check System (NICS) for the month of March demonstrates once again that gun control hysteria pushes more Americans to exercise their right to own firearms, the Second Amendment Foundation said today.

According to raw data from the FBI, last month saw a record 2,767,699 background checks initiated with the system, which is up 334,607 over the number of checks for March 2017, and up 244,434 NICS initiations in March 2016. While the raw data shows the number of NICS checks initiated, the FBI notes in its monthly reports, it does not reflect the actual number of firearms sold for that time period.

But SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb said the spike is significant because of the anti-gun emotional tidal wave following the tragic incident at Florida’s Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in February that was quickly exploited by the gun prohibition lobby.

“There is only one reason gun sales may have hit a new record high last month,” Gottlieb said, “and that’s the attack on Second Amendment rights that has reached a fever pitch. Even before the victims were identified, the anti-gun lobby was hard at work demonizing gun rights and young adult firearm owners at a level we’ve never witnessed before.”

He noted that this is hardly a new phenomenon, and that gun control extremists apparently haven’t figured out that with each new alarmist campaign, they compel more Americans to exercise their Second Amendment rights.

“The question now is whether student David Hogg and his gun ban buddies in the media finally learn that calls for more new gun control laws only increase gun sales,” Gottlieb wondered. “When you blame people for crimes they didn’t commit and attack their rights, they will defend those rights by exercising them.”
Old 04-04-2018, 09:01 AM   #2

“When you blame people for crimes they didn’t commit and attack their rights, they will defend those rights by exercising them.”

Hell Yeah!
Mini Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:50 AM   #3

Don’t you know libtards are the best gun salesman?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2018, 10:42 AM   #4

Originally Posted by bhunted View Post
Don’t you know libtards are the best gun salesman?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Osama Obama sold more guns in eight years than Ronald McDonald sold cheeseburgers.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 01:28 PM   #5

Wink Thanks to David Hogg's Big Mouth!!

The American people react to the ranting of "crisis actor", David Hogg!! By demonizing honest, law abiding citizens the slumping gun sales, since the 2016 election, have made a drastic recovery!! Also benefiting are 2nd Amendment rights groups like The 2nd Amendment Foundation and the National Rifle Association. Large numbers of new, under 20 year old, members are joining the ranks supporting the 2nd Amendment!!

If he keeps flapping his jaws about gun control, David Hogg could surpass Barack Obama as the "Greatest Gun Salesman In American History!!!"

Check this out! An article from today's Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

Back Ground Checks Show Jump In Firearms Sales

BY POLLY MOSENDZ BLOOMBERG NEWS

Gun sales soared last month: 2,767,699 federal background checks for firearms purchases were run, the highest March number since the FBI began releasing data in 1998.

While there is no exact data on firearms purchases in the U.S., the FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System is used as a barometer for gun sales.

Adjusted for permit checks, such as concealed-carry applications, March checks were up 10.8 percent from the previous year, totaling 1,503,967. Handgun checks increased 3.9 percent, while long gun checks increased 17.3 percent.

The strong background check data sent shares of publicly traded firearms companies climbing. The industry has faced dwindling stock prices since the 2016 election, as slowed sales affected American Outdoor Brands, formerly known as Smith & Wesson, Sturm Ruger and Vista Outdoor.

Under a Republican president and Congress, the risk of gun-control legislation was minimal, and fear-based buying stalled.

Following a mass shooting at a Parkland, Fla., high school in February, a nationwide gun control debate has been under way. Congress advanced some firearm regulation measures last month and the White
House backed a bump stock ban.

Rommel Dionisio, a managing director of equity research at Aegis Capital who focuses on publicly traded firearms companies, said March’s background check numbers confirms the gun industry is showing signs of a rebound.

Thanks Dave!!!
PaulWVa likes this.

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter

Last edited by Lineman; 04-04-2018 at 01:36 PM.
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote