Whoops Fire At LGS/Range - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree36Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2018, 09:23 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
2sharp2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 11,139
Whoops Fire At LGS/Range

The gun shop/range (Shooters Depot) that is close to my house and used to be a Kimber Master Dealer had a very smoky fire in the range area today suffered heavy smoke damage.
Really going to hurt there main business hourly range rental and over priced range membership. Firefighters kept it away from the showroom. No big deal they didn't have many guns in stock anyway.

That's why I didn't care for that business, when I was asking them about Kimber's or Springfields or Smith & Wesson's they actually told me I should order online. I said I think I will. And my GunBroker light bulb came on and is glowing brighter every day, I'm thrilled they gave me that advice.
Chuck43, Insta-Gator, swca and 5 others like this.
__________________
The Kimber Family

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-04-2018, 09:44 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 19,269
Yep, there was a fire and lucky for them the ammo was kept in a different part of the building.

UPDATE: Shallowford Road reopens following fire at Shooter's Dep - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports
2sharp2, cousinmark and PaulWVa like this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:53 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Shootinit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,680
i meant fire the gun not burn the place down...sheeeesh
PaulWVa likes this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 04-05-2018, 07:05 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
ChattanoogaPhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,785
The guy who operated Shooters Depot originally bought Ammo Dump (Hwy 58 in the parking lot shopping center) then closed it to build Shooters Depot. Now that it's burned down I guess Shooters Supply and Carter's will be seeing more business.

I visited Shooters Depot before they opened for business and asked about an indoor membership but was told they weren't going to allow reloads so that pretty much banned me.
2sharp2, swca and PaulWVa like this.
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:09 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,308
"light bulb"

Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
The gun shop/range (Shooters Depot) that is close to my house and used to be a Kimber Master Dealer had a very smoky fire in the range area today suffered heavy smoke damage.
Really going to hurt there main business hourly range rental and over priced range membership. Firefighters kept it away from the showroom. No big deal they didn't have many guns in stock anyway.

That's why I didn't care for that business, when I was asking them about Kimber's or Springfields or Smith & Wesson's they actually told me I should order online. I said I think I will. And my GunBroker light bulb came on and is glowing brighter every day, I'm thrilled they gave me that advice.
...no offense, but judging from the list of Kimbers you have and other posts referring to your collection of other pistols, "light bulb" may not quit be the quite the correct adjective? When I think "light bulb" I think of something that can be turned off. With you (and a few others here, hey Marshall) what ever it is doesn't seem to get turned off !!!
...if you have a number of new guns "in line" awaiting a visit to the range, you may be a KIMBERHOLIC ????
...out of curiosity what are you thinking for the next new shooter :-)
...just messing with you, I hope someday I can run with the scissors like you do :-)
2sharp2, swca and PaulWVa like this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:46 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
2sharp2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 11,139
Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
...no offense, but judging from the list of Kimbers you have and other posts referring to your collection of other pistols, "light bulb" may not quit be the quite the correct adjective? When I think "light bulb" I think of something that can be turned off. With you (and a few others here, hey Marshall) what ever it is doesn't seem to get turned off !!!
...if you have a number of new guns "in line" awaiting a visit to the range, you may be a KIMBERHOLIC ????
...out of curiosity what are you thinking for the next new shooter :-)
...just messing with you, I hope someday I can run with the scissors like you do :-)

I don't really think about the next shooter, I just kind of see them and think yes, I like that.
GUNAHOLIC may fit better. You are correct "light" never goes off.
Funny you should ask...if you've been keeping up, bought 3 (I think) Smith & Wesson Big Bore Snubbies in the last few weeks.
Number 4 was won last night at 6pm on a long Gunbroker auction that I didn't think my bid would hold up but won it at 40bucks under my high bid.
S&W Model 686-3 with 2.5" barrel Combat Grips. For those that don't know that's 6 rounds of the popular .357magnum caliber.
Heading to the post office to get a money order in the mail when they open. This is a pic from GB auction.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M686 3 2.5 .357mag.jpg (66.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 686 3 GB 955.03.jpg (52.7 KB, 0 views)
Marshall, swca, cousinmark and 2 others like this.
__________________
The Kimber Family

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:00 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
2sharp2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 11,139
Only way to come close to control is to NOT login to Gunbroker. I promise I try really I do.


You all don't even know it all. I didn't post about the gifts for my step sons and the two oldest grandkids.

1. Mossberg Sliver Reserve O/U 12ga/20ga Combo shotgun.
2. Henry Law Enforcement Tribute lever action .22lr.
3. Henry EMS Tribute lever action .22lr.
4. Ruger Gator Edition 10/22 rifle.
5. Mossberg Blazer Camo Blue .22lr rifle.
cousinmark and PaulWVa like this.
__________________
The Kimber Family

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:02 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,308
Ya, it's hard to keep up with your acquisitions dude :-) Seems to be a more or less constant flow into your safes. That's a fine looking revolver right there.
...like I said maybe someday :-)
2sharp2 likes this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:08 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
2sharp2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 11,139
Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
Ya, it's hard to keep up with your acquisitions dude :-) Seems to be a more or less constant flow into your safes. That's a fine looking revolver right there.
...like I said maybe someday :-)
Thanks. I'm Blessed.
__________________
The Kimber Family

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:14 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
2sharp2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 11,139
Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
The guy who operated Shooters Depot originally bought Ammo Dump (Hwy 58 in the parking lot shopping center) then closed it to build Shooters Depot. Now that it's burned down I guess Shooters Supply and Carter's will be seeing more business.

I visited Shooters Depot before they opened for business and asked about an indoor membership but was told they weren't going to allow reloads so that pretty much banned me.

Wouldn't wish anything bad on the Depot BUT I have no love or sadness for them.
__________________
The Kimber Family

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fire Contained At Bill, Hillary Clinton's Chappaqua Compound OLE442 Off-Topic Discussion Forum 17 01-04-2018 07:21 PM
NASCAR Legend Richard Childress Opens Fire on Home Invaders, Praises 2nd Amendment OLE442 Off-Topic Discussion Forum 2 12-23-2017 08:11 PM
Oct 8, 1871 The Great Chicago Fire begins Chuck43 Off-Topic Discussion Forum 1 10-08-2017 08:20 AM
Failure to Fire Hawker800 Kimber Talk 11 03-10-2017 09:50 PM
New K6s won't fire pacanis Kimber Revolver Forum 15 02-07-2017 08:02 PM