who buys their crap anyway? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2018, 07:06 AM   #1

who buys their crap anyway?

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018...nra-foundation

they make a nice wall mount bottle opener but thats it.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-22-2018, 07:28 AM   #2

IMO Yeti has the best coolers made in the market. They're expensive as heck, but one awesome product. A few years ago during a weekend jaunt we iced up 3 cases of suds, added a couple bags of ice and never added another cube the entire weekend.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 07:47 AM   #3

Coolers Better Than Yeti But Cheaper

11 Coolers Like Yeti But Cheaper - The Cooler Box

I know Yeti is a good product. But, now there is more competition. Problem is, no name recognition.

Old 04-22-2018, 08:04 AM   #4

I don't know if it's common in other parts of the country, but here in the Lou we use the "hoosier cooler"method. We we go into the gas station to grab a few tall boys {25 oz cans}we take the plastic bag that they put them in, ask them to double the bag and then go over to the ice machine where the soda dispenser is and fill the bag full of ice right on top of the tall boys. It serves it's useful purpose because when the ice melts we have a bag or two to put our empty cans of suds in. I can't count how many times that we have done this over the decades, or how many carpeted floorboards we have saturated in the process...
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:09 AM   #5

here in minnesnowta you use a cooler to keep them from freezing.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:25 AM   #6

That's disappointing.

I'm guessing that YETI is struggling with all the lesser priced copycats so they're pulling this cheap PR stunt to try to differentiate themselves. But YETI products are popular at sporting goods merchandizers so taking an anti-gun position seems self-destructive. They may find themselves like Ace Hardware regretting and reversing their decision that resulted in being perceived by the public as anti-gun.

Been using 10oz and 20oz YETIs for a couple years. They're great. Yes, they were pricey at the time and are now overpriced in comparison to today's copycat competition that are essentially the same product at a much lower price. That said, it costs me $100 to take the wife out to dinner and a movie resulting in indigestion and a 2-hour nap. My $20 and $30 YETI cups are a bargain by comparison.
Marshall, 2sharp2, Tejun and 2 others like this.
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:16 AM   #7

their best customers right here....

Last edited by Shootinit; 04-22-2018 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:21 AM   #8

Originally Posted by chattanoogaphil View Post
that's disappointing.

I'm guessing that yeti is struggling with all the lesser priced copycats so they're pulling this cheap pr stunt to try to differentiate themselves. But yeti products are popular at sporting goods merchandizers so taking an anti-gun position seems self-destructive. They may find themselves like ace hardware regretting and reversing their decision that resulted in being perceived by the public as anti-gun.

Been using 10oz and 20oz yetis for a couple years. They're great. Yes, they were pricey at the time and are now overpriced in comparison to today's copycat competition that are essentially the same product at a much lower price. That said, it costs me $100 to take the wife out to dinner and a movie resulting in indigestion and a 2-hour nap. My $20 and $30 yeti cups are a bargain by comparison.

the ace hardware here features yeti....never seen anyone buy any..lol
Old 04-22-2018, 02:56 PM   #9

Originally Posted by Masquer08er View Post

I know Yeti is a good product. But, now there is more competition. Problem is, no name recognition.
Well that's just it. YETI got a reputation the hard way, they earned it. It's a proven product and that comes with a price premium.

There's tons of different products on the market for all sorts of things. Many products are excellent at a lower price and others are POS at a lower price. I can't remember many how times over the years that I had to pay twice for buying what I thought was a "just as good" product at a lower price that turned out to be not so good.

That said, we're talking about coolers here which isn't such a sophisticated product. Still, if ya buy a cooler at half the price of a YETI but 5 years down the road the hinge fails or strap breaks... grrrr. A YETI cooler or even their drinkware can be considered a lifetime purchase. I'm not so price conscience about things I consider lifetime purchases. Kinda like my EDC $100 AAA flashlight. There are alternatives at $10-$20.

Attached Images
File Type: png tCL6BIu.png (2.07 MB, 1 views)
Marshall, Mini Me and Masquer08er like this.
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 03:57 PM   #10

Yeti notified us a couple of weeks ago, but they were trying to keep it quiet. The NRA Foundation was already using Engler coolers and Grizzly coolers anyway, and we weren't going to use Yeti this year for our banquet.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote