• 3 Post By Shootinit
  • 1 Post By Krazeehorse
  • 1 Post By Karens
  • 1 Post By swca

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2018, 12:53 PM   #1

insurance billing bs

can someone explain how the hell.....

if a company bills your car insurance 2000 for 1500 repair it is insurance fraud...but medical supplies and doctors can bill what ever they feel like to your medical insurance company because they have a contracted amount they they expect to get....????

example...i ordered $2007 in med supplies...they billed 5457...and got paid 1467....the company said they can "bill up to 10,000 it doesn't matter" like wtf...I can't bill what ever i want for my services..if anything it sounds like an illegal tax right off.....something stinks....
Tejun, starnovi and Karens like this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-26-2018, 02:14 PM   #2

And that sir is got a lot to do with what is wrong with our health care system. My insurance isn't the greatest. But the last prescription I got filled would have been $10 for 30 pills with insurance at Rite-Aid. Cash at Walmart was $10 for 90. Duh.
starnovi likes this.
Krazeehorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 02:17 PM   #3

Originally Posted by Krazeehorse View Post
And that sir is got a lot to do with what is wrong with our health care system. My insurance isn't the greatest. But the last prescription I got filled would have been $10 for 30 pills with insurance at Rite-Aid. Cash at Walmart was $10 for 90. Duh.
400 bucks after ins...(they paid 1200_ for insulin 12 tiny bottles.....
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2018, 07:44 PM   #4

It seems they get more and we pay more, I don't get it either. No matter what people are screwed.
starnovi likes this.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:09 AM   #5

Originally Posted by Shootinit View Post
can someone explain how the hell.....

if a company bills your car insurance 2000 for 1500 repair it is insurance fraud...but medical supplies and doctors can bill what ever they feel like to your medical insurance company because they have a contracted amount they they expect to get....????

example...i ordered $2007 in med supplies...they billed 5457...and got paid 1467....the company said they can "bill up to 10,000 it doesn't matter" like wtf...I can't bill what ever i want for my services..if anything it sounds like an illegal tax right off.....something stinks....
Insurance companies and oil companies are two of the richest in world for a reason I just filled my truck today $93.00. Gas should be going down not up with Trump saying we will drill more. I don't get it either. I am just thank full I had decent insurance or I probably would not be house hunting right now. Those bills are scary looking I should a been Dr.
starnovi likes this.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote