Kimber Talk Forums banner

Officers indicted in death of Freddie Gray

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Richard 
#1 ·
As I believe I predicted, the politician who is currently serving as the State's Attorney of Baltimore empaneled a grand jury to indict the six officers.

Officers indicted in death of Freddie Gray | Fox News

Next, I believe, will be a preliminary hearing, unless the defendants waive their rights to such a proceeding.

Stay tuned.

#3 ·
I wonder if any of this info will be talked about by CNN
( Colored News Nonsense)

The truth about Freddie or as known on the street "Pepper"
>A different, largely unreported view of this Baltimore mess . . .
>
> Here are the facts on the late Freddie Gray of Baltimore:
>
> Freddie Gray had a pre-existing spinal and neck injury and had severe
> nerve damage and scar tissue from an accident that Allstate Insurance
> was paying him for, in a structured settlement. This monthly payment
> and drug money were his means of support. Freddie had had several
> unsuccessful spinal fusion surgeries over the past 4 1/2 years. His
> most recent spinal/cervical operation was a week and a half before he
> was arrested on April 12. He was on doctor's orders to remain home and
> in bed to speed recovery from that major operation. Instead, Freddie
> was out manufacturing and distributing drugs on the streets of
> Baltimore, and strenuously resisting arrest.
>
> Freddie had a long criminal history (rap sheet): many pages long for
> manufacturing and distributing drugs and controlled substances,
> including heroin, cocaine, crack cocaine and marijuana. He had been
> convicted of numerous other felonies including assault, firearms
> violations, breaking and entering, armed robbery, receiving stolen
> property, and the list goes on and on from his 18th birthday. In
> Baltimore County, juvenile records are forever sealed except by
> judicial order. (www.mdjudiciarycaseresearch) Freddie, known on the
> streets as "Pepper", was 25 years old, 5'8" and weighed 145 lbs. when
> last arrested. He had been incarcerated at least 12 times, the longest
> stretch being 2 years in prison in Maryland.
>
> Freddie had recently tried to convert his structured settlement from
> Allstate into a lump sum payment from Peachtree Funding, of Atlanta.
> Friends say he was confused by the paperwork and legal terminology.
>
> Following his arrest, Freddie was placed into the paddy wagon by the
> police officers who had arrested him ---- black officers, all of them.
> He could have easily slipped on the floor or bench, or twisted his
> neck or shoulders to reopen his recently fused and weakened spine.
> Enroute to the County jail, the paddy wagon stopped once so that
> officers could put leg restraints on Freddie to calm him down and
> restrict his movement.
>
> Freddie was a dangerous career felon, well-known to the BPD officers,
> with a damaged and healing spine and neck, and was supposed to be home
> healing a week and a half after surgery. He should not have been
> running around on the streets of Baltimore committing drug felonies
> and resisting arrest.

> Now, why are so many residents of Baltimore destroying their own city
> with looting and arson? Because it's a good way to get new TVs for free?

Seems to be. They sure know how to pick their heroes, don't they?

> By the way, none of the eight BPD officers who arrested Freddy has
> ever had a complaint against him for brutality or use of excessive
> force.
>
> Freddie Grays arrest record:
>
> 03-20-15 dealing cocaine
> 08-28-08 possession of narcotics

10-05-12 illegal gambling
> 01-25-14 possession of narcotics over 10 grams
> 08-24-07 manufacturing and distribution narcotics
> 08/29-07 distribution of narcotics
> 09-16-08 distribution of narcotics
> 04-16-08 distribution of narcotics
> 05-09-12 distribution of narcotics
> 01-04-15 distribution of narcotics
> 12-31-14 distribution of narcotics
> 05-13-14 stolen property
> 07-16-08 distribution of narcotics
> 03-28-08 possession of narcotics
> 02-12-08 distribution of narcotics
> 09-29-13 distribution of narcotics
> 12-04-14 distribution of narcotics
> 12-04-14 possession of narcotics
> 03-20-08 burglary
> 03-20-08 possession of narcotics
> 09-21-07 distribution of narcotics
> 04-30-08 unlawful possession (two counts)
>
> (Source Maryland Dept of Justice)

> And Obama sent two representatives to his funeral, at taxpayer expense.
>

#4 ·
I get the nagging feeling that the mayors and police chiefs of major US cities fear watching their municipalities burn more than just a few glitches in due process. You always need a good patsy if you want to escape from a crime.

I wonder which officer(s) are going to be thrown under the bus to make it look all legit...

#5 ·
Southerngunner, do you have a link for that information? Not that I doubt it -- it sounds likely to me. I'd like to research it a little deeper, though.

There were a couple of mentions of him having surgery shortly before his arrest, but they were quickly squelched by the racist news media. I'm wondering why Fox News isn't all over this ...

#7 ·
I'm wondering why Fox News isn't all over this ...
Because "wild ***** shootings" are no longer timely or even interesting. I know when I hear the evening teaser I always respond to my wife there's been another "I can't breathe" shooting.

This specific example, at least to my little circle, is pretty much a done deal. It's another case of a black run government and black prosecutors seeking headlines for a black death. The only interesting thing for me to watch is that the guy charged with the worst crime is black, also. Will they eat their own young? Stay tuned.

I think it was Kanye West who stated, "Black is the new black." I'll fix that for him, "Black is the new boring." When my wife--a liberal school teacher--packs 24/7, then you know the system is falling apart.

#8 ·
Southerngunner, do you have a link for that information?
Yes, I'd like the link(s) as I have heard most of this previously. It looked to me like Freddie was having a hard time standing/walking when they raised him and took him to the wagon. If documented, I hope they bring up the previous surgery and the orders to stay home for a week and a half to heal. That should be the basis for the cops lawyers along with the illegal(felony) activity he was pursuing.

Reactions: Richard
#9 ·
If this case proceeds to trial, EVERYTHING will come out. Prosecutors will try to keep his juvenile records sealed, but the defense might get them unsealed. It will depend on the judge. His medical history will almost certainly be revealed, including his physician's instructions to him. The surgeons will be called to testify. Cops who had previous dealings with him can be called to testify. The Medical Examiner will testify. Everything will become known about the knife he was carrying.

If that rap sheet that was posted is accurate, he was a drug dealer -- pure and simple. He was probably selling Crack Cocaine to neighborhood kids. The world is a better place ...

#11 ·
Hmm ... Jeff had posted some supporting information, but the post has apparently been deleted. I followed the links that he posted, but I also checked out snopes.com:

"Snopes.com /ˈsnoʊps/, also known as the Urban Legends Reference Pages, is a website covering urban legends, Internet rumors, e-mail forwards, and other stories of unknown or questionable origin. It is a well-known resource for validating and debunking such stories in American popular culture, receiving 300,000 visits a day.

Snopes.com is run by Barbara and David Mikkelson, a California couple who met in the alt.folklore.urban newsgroup. The site is organized by topic and includes a message board where stories and pictures of questionable veracity may be posted. The Mikkelsons founded the San Fernando Valley Folklore Society and were credited as the owners of that site until 2005." Snopes.com - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I wouldn't rely on anything to be found at this Web site.

When I tried to use the Maryland case search, I received this message in red lettering: "CaseSearch will only display results for cases that exist and for which the case's existence or a person's identity is not protected information under Md.Rules 16-1001 through 16-1011." I don't know what this means, but I was not able to access Freddie Gray's Rap Sheet. Perhaps the message is meant to tell me that the information is protected, and is not available to the public.

The "Fox Nation" Web page seems to contain an accurate and detailed history of Gray's arrests. It would be nice if we had an "official" source to back it up. I wonder where Fox Nation found that info.

I have heard a couple of snippets on TV, so I think there might be at least a little truth to the rumors. After all: "Where there's smoke, there's fire."

#13 ·
Richard, obviously you've gone to a few funerals. Did you ever notice that while all of us have flaws, those facts never surface during a eulogy? Same deal here, I doubt if what the guy really did is going to matter now that he's dead.

I read a treatise once that people like JFK, James Dean and Marilyn Monroe remain icons because they all died young. They are forever depicted as being in the blush of youth, and no matter what they did, they will all be remembered in that manner.

Added to this, this guy's life really isn't his own anymore now that that his image has become a political football. He fits the template that the left wishes to utilize--the young, black martyr.

#14 ·
Good points, Chico.

However, my beef is with the news media. With the advent of newspapers, then radio, then television, and now the Internet, people no longer learn what is happening around them by attending town meetings or from conversations across a back-yard fence --- learning from people we know and trust. We now depend on television and the Internet for the bulk of our news, but we still expect that the news should be accurate and complete. It isn't.

As recently as 30 years ago, you could pick up a daily newspaper, or a weekly news magazine, and you could read about the national and international events that could affect your life. You could be relatively confident that what you were reading was mostly accurate, and it was certainly complete. "Back stories" were usually included, so if you read a story about the death of Freddie Gray in Baltimore you could be pretty sure that if he had a criminal record and a background of neck surgeries, it would be a part of the story. That is no longer the case in our country.

First and foremost, the American news media has a mission to keep its audience entertained. Facts and logical analysis have been replaced by high emotion. The words used by reporters and anchors are carefully chosen to provide maximum emotional impact -- truth be damned! If a fact might not be well-received by a particular audience, it is simply left out of the reporting. TV news outlets need to keep their ratings high so that they can attract and keep sponsors. The primary goal of TV news today is profit dollars. We once had a national publicly-funded TV network which provided relatively accurate and straight-forward news reporting in our country, but our political "leaders" continually defunded it to the point that it is now nothing more than a ghost of its former self.

Unless Americans begin to read newspapers and news magazines again, I do not see this situation improving. Like sheep, we are being led around by a few "news" sources which have agendas. We can choose to be bellwethers, or we can be sheepish followers. The sheep that follow sometimes fall into ravines and gullies. The bellwether chooses where he or she walks. I take the time, and make the effort, to seek out the truth when I see something suspicious in a news report. Most busy Americans don't have the time to do this. The only solution I see is for Americans to return to their former sources of news and subscribe to one or more newspapers, and at least two news magazines. I am not optimistic. :(:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.