• 1 Post By bhunted
  • 2 Post By ChattanoogaPhil
  • 2 Post By cnutco
  • 2 Post By 2sharp2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2018, 06:35 PM   #1

Not Very Happy With Cold Dead Hands .com

Posted Today, 08:32 PM

Not very happy is an understatement. I think they are sleazeballs with a capital S.

So on Sunday someone posted a link to their website, and the item was a bug out bag, It was supposedly on sale, and they had a countdown clock showing when the sale ended, and they showed a number available, starting at 50. After a while the number went down to 2 left, and stayed there, even though they kept selling them (They have a pop up every time one is sold)

I sent them an email, (Sunday, 2:39pm) on the contact us form and told them that I was disappointed that they were using the phony time counter and sales number.

Here is my message:

How come every time I look at the B-Tac Bug Out Bag, it says only two left, even though I keep seeing pop ups that say another one was sold?

At that point I suspected they weren't being honest. I sent them an email on the contact form on their website asking them to cancel the sale. Mind you, this was Sunday, and no one was working there. Even the site says orders ship in 3-5 business days.

I sent them another email on Monday morning, around 8am, on the same contact us form, telling them to cancel my order. No response.

Then, on Monday I received this response (I added the bold):

We are having some technical issues with our automatic inventory updates on the store. You are not the first to bring it to our attention, but we appreciate you doing so nonetheless. We can't fix it if we don't know it's broke.

Thanks Again,

CDH Customer Service

They are still doing it by the way, so it's clear they are liars.

So today I sent another email on the contact us form asking them about my cancellations and this is the response:

I searched our customer service database by your name, email address and order number and found no requests for cancellation. The only previous contact I found was a question on 4/29 regarding the "in stock" notification on the store website.

Your order shipped yesterday according to tracking and cannot be cancelled while in route.

Best Regards,

CDH Customer Service

Another lie. They obviously received all the emails.

Then another lie. The order never shipped. They did create a phony label 5 minutes before they responded to my email (I have the time stamp). It has not been sent. The tracking shows it has not been sent.

These people do not tell the truth. I doubt they contribute anything towards the 2nd Amendment Advocacy the tout on their site. I would never purchase anything on their site again.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-02-2018, 09:05 PM   #2

I understand exactly what you're saying. If you really don't want it, tell them one more time, and include that you have no intention of paying. If the package arrives, refuse to accept it. Boom. Problem solved.

But to be fair, it was a pretty good price, wasn't it? You want one, and it was a good price, so just accept the package and pay the bill.
cnutco likes this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:26 PM   #3

Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
I understand exactly what you're saying. If you really don't want it, tell them one more time, and include that you have no intention of paying. If the package arrives, refuse to accept it. Boom. Problem solved.

But to be fair, it was a pretty good price, wasn't it? You want one, and it was a good price, so just accept the package and pay the bill.
I don't want one. I bought it to use at the NRA dinner. Thing iis, it turns out it's not a good price, just the regular price. Event then, it isn't the cost, it's the deception that really pisses me off. The lies. I just don't think people should do business like that.
Chuck43, 2sharp2 and cnutco like this.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-03-2018, 05:53 AM   #4

You are not alone Jeff.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/colddeadhands.us

https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports...lfully-1406955
Chuck43, 2sharp2 and cnutco like this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 05:59 AM   #5

I'm really surprised to hear this. The owner use to be a NJ resident till he moved to AZ and reopen his business. He's on our NJ forum on a regular basis and always seems to be a stand up guy. I'm really saddened by this.
Chuck43 likes this.

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:33 AM   #6

Never heard of em. Looks like the 2A advocacy is just some guys posting stuff on Facebook and YouTube, and the YouTube account appears cancelled. As far as sales... my guess it's largely a drop-ship operation with little actual inventory which can complicate order cancellations. Who knows... never heard of em.

Generally, I do price comparisons and decide if I want an item or not before pressing the buy button. Once I press the buy button I'm done. But one time I realized I made a mistake the moment I clicked the buy button on a Midway order and tried to change it over the phone within just a couple minutes. Sorry, already in shipped status. They said I could make another order and return the original order when I got it. Whatever... just the way it is. Good lesson for me to pay better attention to what my dumbass is doing.

Low inventory gimmicks, time running out.... and all that kind of thing are used on those TV shopping channels to sucker people into thinking they better order in a hurry before someone else gets it. Funny... but it obviously works.
Chuck43 and 2sharp2 like this.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 05-03-2018 at 06:42 AM.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:59 AM   #7

Agree with above. I actually purchased the bag in question and it took longer than stated to ship, but I did eventually get the bag.

I am not fond of their “fake” gimmicks on their online store and will not be returning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck43 and ChattanoogaPhil like this.
cnutco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 09:10 AM   #8

I agree with Phil, you got to check other vendors prices and double check, read the details and fine print before you hit "Buy." My wife is the worst about shopping online, she gets a lot of items that are the wrong color, wrong size, don't look like she thought it would, etc. etc.

Also I've been checking some "good deal, sale items" offered up from the bot member apps74. The MTM Ammo Crate and MTM Ammo cans at first glance appear to be a good deal and price. After doing some checking they sell for those prices all day long on Amazon and other places. So "Buyer Beware."
Chuck43 and ChattanoogaPhil like this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)