Chicago: The Real Story The Story of Chicago the Media Won't Tell - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree17Likes
  • 11 Post By Chuck43
  • 5 Post By Hawker800
  • 1 Post By ChattanoogaPhil

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2018, 07:19 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Chicago: The Real Story The Story of Chicago the Media Won't Tell

What makes Chicago one of the best cities in the world for some, but one of the most violent in the world for others? Colion Noir goes to ChicagoŚwalks the streets the politicians avoid, and talks to the people the media will never featureŚto get the real story.

This is a story on NRATV, it runs about 20 minutes and in my opinion it hits the nail on the head. Chip Eberhart the owner of Top Shot Academy who was my instructor when I took the class for my CCL appears in the last half of the show riding with Colion Noir. He is a fantastic shot and a first class ball busting fun guy. In Illinois to qualify for your license you have to shoot 10 rounds at 5 yards, 10 at 7 yards and 10 at 10 yards for a total of 30 rounds into a B27 target. Feeling good I put 30 rounds into one ragged hole center mass on the target. Mr. Ball Buster asked, how am I suppose to count the 30 rounds you fired? You're going to have to re-shoot the course and space your hits so I can count the individual holes. That was followed by a quick I'm only kidding when he saw I had 4 more loaded magazines sitting in front of me.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:21 PM   #2

I like Chip's point that if you don't have a firearm to protect yourself, you're not getting a 1st responder, you're getting a cleanup crew.
Chuck43, Marshall, bhunted and 2 others like this.
Hawker800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:53 AM   #3

We have a similar shooting test here in Tennessee.

True story. I got my Tennessee carry permit permit about 20 years ago. I used to shoot a lot more then than I do today and was a decent shot with my 1911. Like you, it was a ragged hole at closer distances but the furthest distance to qualify was 45 feet. Rather than mess up the nice hole I just pulled my shots off the target. Upon inspection, the teacher (I knew the guy) rolled his eyes and chuckled cuz he knew what I'd done.
Chuck43 likes this.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote