MO's Katy Trail :-) - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2018, 07:41 PM   #1

MO's Katy Trail :-)

I'm working on a project in St Charles, MO, YAAAY!!!, been here a little over a week and today was my first day off. When I travel for work I usually try to plan something for the little time off I wind up with. I set up my schedule and try to work as much as I can. Back home in GA I cycle for fitness and fun, probably more for fun... I have a decent ride and like to keep things tuned well, I like to tinker... Kinda like with pistols, lots of little parts to fart around with :-) When I came here I didn't really have anything in mind as the trip was something that my boss "surprised" me with, she's sorta the big sister I've never had, cool enough I suppose??? I avoid her when the moon is full for reasons I won't get into here :-)
...anyways, for some reason I looked at the local bike listings on CL when I got here. Sure enough, 10 minutes from my hotel, what do I see but a 20ish year old Specialized in great shape, large frame (my size) and priced to sell!!! I think the guy's wife was wanting him to make space in the garage. This bike was his son's, who moved, and not as important as the dude's own toys I guess??? Yup, I bought her :-) After I took her for a spin around the sellers neighborhood and made my offer the seller said she'd be a great Katy Trail bike. "What's that" I asked...
...turns out the Katy Trail is one of the coolest greenways I've ever seen. Over 200 miles of reclaimed railroad line that parallels the Missouri River. Bluffs on one side and the river on the other. This trail overlaps Lewis and Clark's pathway west. There's wineries, bike rental merchants and restaurants along the way. I rode about 25 miles today :-)
...to top it off, earlier today I met up with "the man,,, the myth,,, the legend!!!" himself,,, St Louis' own... MARSHALL!!! No kidding... How cool is that!!! Turns out the little fella's not as big as I was expecting ??? Hopefully I'll be able to get him to do some trekking on the Katy :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1017.jpg (4.68 MB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1027.jpg (2.61 MB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1032.jpg (1.78 MB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1044.jpg (1.69 MB, 14 views)
Marshall, 2sharp2, JC45 and 2 others like this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-11-2018, 07:44 PM   #2

DANG...

...if you click on the pics they'll be oriented properly???
Old 06-11-2018, 07:49 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Nice score on the bike and a great looking trail. I ride a recumbent myself and have hundreds of mile of trails around me.
Marshall and cousinmark like this.

Old 06-11-2018, 07:54 PM   #4

The Katy Trail is one of our state's treasures and it's been years since I rode on it. I would love to take a spin with you someday as long as you bring along a vodka iv for me...

One question though....How large did you think I was going to be ? I'm 6'3" and weigh too much at 260ish.

I should have thought sooner today, but I could have taken that 86 ft lift off of my trailer and let you ride up in the sky with me for some good photos. Maybe next time when I have the 120 ft or 150 ft on board.....
Chuck43, 2sharp2, Tejun and 2 others like this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:11 PM   #5

I ride a recumbent trike (Terra Trike Tour II) and we have ridden on a couple real nice bike trails in our area. Unfortunately, in the last few years, we have gotten out of the habit. We need to get back on the program.
Chuck43 and cousinmark like this.
OLE442 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:27 PM   #6

I live for the day when I can meet "The Marshall" in person!

Nice buy on the cycle, great looking trail.
Chuck43, Marshall and cousinmark like this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:23 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
The Katy Trail is one of our state's treasures and it's been years since I rode on it. I would love to take a spin with you someday as long as you bring along a vodka iv for me...

One question though....How large did you think I was going to be ? I'm 6'3" and weigh too much at 260ish.

I should have thought sooner today, but I could have taken that 86 ft lift off of my trailer and let you ride up in the sky with me for some good photos. Maybe next time when I have the 120 ft or 150 ft on board.....
...I don't know??? Like with most other celebrities,,, when you meet them in person they're not as big as you expect??? I'm sure "Big Sky" imagines you as being like 9 feet tall or something!!!
...Anyways, there's a bike rental place and a BBQ restaurant/saloon in Defiance, Mo. Sign says "live music"! I rode past it today :-) I'll go off the reservation with the grub/sauce and cover a few rounds if we can pull it off my friend :-)
Old 06-11-2018, 10:46 PM   #8

Hey, cool stuff. Sometimes the bike is upside down, sometimes the rider is. So it goes... Do you Strava?
cousinmark likes this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:21 PM   #9

Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
Hey, cool stuff. Sometimes the bike is upside down, sometimes the rider is. So it goes... Do you Strava?
UHHH, if you do it with women, maybe??? I'm not sure what that is??? If it's really weird probably not??? Thanks though :-)
Old 06-11-2018, 11:46 PM   #10

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
If it's really weird probably not??? Thanks though :-)
What's weird in the rest of the country might be perfectly normal in Missouri. It's ok, we don't judge.
cousinmark likes this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote