Kimber Talk Forums banner

Chatting Thread V about nothing in particular

502K views 14K replies 94 participants last post by  Chuck43 
#1 ·
Time to close out chatting thread IV and open V. This is the 4th time I'm doing this since we started the forum. The forum software has problems when threads get too large and 9,000+ posts is right on the threshold so to avoid problems we move on to V.

#3,649 ·
Morning folks. It's supposed to keep getting warmer as the week goes on. Still have the AC on upstairs and the heat on downstairs, which is a weird situation and I don't like it. Oh well.

#3,653 ·
Time for out evening walk and the heat is on... 89 in my neighborhood right now. You all stay safe and have a great night.

Chuck, Out!

#3,654 ·
Morning folks. I think it's supposed to rain today. Mrs. Bear was saying something last night about chicken out on the grill though, so, dunno but I hope not.

#3,657 ·
Morning JBear, John and John, morning ladies and gentlemen. Exactly what John has already reported, it should be another wet one.

#3,659 ·
Morning folks. Turned out to be a gorgeous day yesterday. Well, right up until it was dinnertime, at which point things took a turn for the gross. So, frozen pizza it was. Supposed to be more of the same today (the gross, not the gorgeous). Last week didn't feel like a short week, and this week feels like a long one. So it goes.

#3,663 · (Edited)
Good morning, folks. It's 7:30AM here and I just got back from the gym. With the sun now getting me up there's no real reason to linger in bed. I jumped into the F-150 and the gym parking lot was empty. I got my favorite parking spot and checked in. Their morning person, Linda, greeted me at the counter and didn't say anything as I went to go lift. That's when I saw the clock, it was 5:30AM and that included the drive over!

It's a huge facility, taking up over a city block. It's spooky when you lift, make panting noises and grunt. There's an echo and you realize you're alone.

Edit: Sadly I recently learned that actor Robert Conrad (The Wild, Wild West) passed away at the age of 84. At only 5' 8" he did his own stunts and is rumored to have never let his "pretty face" back down from trouble. I think he should be cloned, allowing our nation to have a secure crop of 'men.'

#3,664 ·
Morning Chico, our gym is still closed, it's owned by our park district so it will probably be the last one to open.

Our local Ace Hardware store is closed with fencing and sandbags in front of the store. We heard BLM is going to demonstrate this afternoon.

#3,665 ·
Well, Chuck, you know where I live and it is encouraged for me to bring guests to the gym. Seems we have your problem solved. Now, I must warn you, the girls I work-out with during these earliest morning work-outs could take any wise guy I know. You might want to do some stretching before you begin...