• 2 Post By Shootinit
  • 2 Post By ChattanoogaPhil
  • 3 Post By JC45
  • 5 Post By RustyIron
  • 1 Post By PaulWVa

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2019, 11:23 PM   #1

head phones

I walk into a sporting goods store with $25.....I walk out with a pair of shooting ear muffs.....what brand are they ?
Remove Ads
Old 02-09-2019, 12:01 AM   #2

Walker ...?
bigdog10 likes this.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 02:31 AM   #3

I don’t know but I picked up a set of these Howard Leight Impact Pro Muffs about a month ago and they work great. My first pair of electronic muffs. I know the Impact Sport Muffs are also popular around here. They are a bit cheaper than the Impact Pro and also get great reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight...eight+earmuffs
PaulWVa likes this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2019, 05:42 AM   #4
Super Moderator

No idea of what you got. I have 2 pair of the Howard Leight Impact Sport. I paid $47.00 for the first pair 5 years ago and couldn't pass up the 2nd pair last year for $29.00.
PaulWVa likes this.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:52 AM   #5

I was going to say "you don't". Clearly I haven't been shopping for these in awhile.
JBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 08:45 AM   #6

for a few dollars more you could have got better ones.
PaulWVa and Bigdog like this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 11:01 AM   #7

Been using a pair of Howard Leight Impact Sport electronic for the last several years. They work well when shooting alone outside but require foam ear plugs for adequate protection when other shooters are present.

The reason I chose this particular model is because they are low profile which I prefer for shooting rifles. Otherwise, with larger headgear I'm fighting with the buttstock, particularly on AR platforms. And of course because they're electronic, which to my surprise works remarkable well even with foam plugs.

If I was just shooting pistols (especially indoors) I would use pricier and more robust headgear that provided sufficient protection absent foam plugs.
JC45 and PaulWVa like this.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 02-09-2019 at 01:26 PM.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:47 PM   #8

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
Been using a pair of Howard Leight Impact Sport electronic for the last several years. They work well when shooting alone outside but require foam ear plugs for adequate protection when other shooters are present.

The reason I chose this particular model is because they are low profile which I prefer for shooting rifles. Otherwise, with larger headgear I'm fighting with the buttstock, particularly on AR platforms. And of course because they're electronic which to my surprise works remarkable well even with foam plugs.

If I was just shooting pistols (especially indoors) I would use pricier and more robust headgear that provided sufficient protection absent foam plugs.
I bought the Impact Pro model specifically for indoor use. I like the low profile of the Impact Sport much better but these offer some more ear protection.
These definitely would be too big for shooting a rifle or shotgun.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 01:35 PM   #9

Twenty five bucks?
You got rooked.
I paid twelve for these.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg iu.jpeg (18.7 KB, 6 views)
Chuck43, PaulWVa, wayne and 2 others like this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 04:21 PM   #10

Originally Posted by JC45 View Post
I donít know but I picked up a set of these Howard Leight Impact Pro Muffs about a month ago and they work great. My first pair of electronic muffs. I know the Impact Sport Muffs are also popular around here. They are a bit cheaper than the Impact Pro and also get great reviews.
]
I have these same muffs and I think they're excellent. I love the single control for off/on/volume. I've noticed some have separate volume knobs for each side Ö that seems like a PITA to me. The Pro's also have one of the highest DB ratings of the electric muffs.

The Sports would probably be a little better for shooting long guns with the narrower profile to clear the stock. But Pro's are hard to beat for handguns. I used them in a USPSA match and loved that I could keep them on and still carry on conversations and hear range commands. I highly recommend them.
JC45 likes this.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote