Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By OLE442
  • 1 Post By JBear
  • 1 Post By Chuck43
  • 1 Post By ChattanoogaPhil

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2019, 06:02 PM   #1

GOA gets its day in court on bump stocks …

GOA gets its day in court on bump stocks …

GOA to Judge: ATF Regs Threaten AR-15s!

You won't believe the Government/ATF's response (or lack of) on this. The GOA is the best!

https://gunowners.org/alert3719/
OLE442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-08-2019, 03:42 AM   #2

Trying to decide if GOA should be getting my NRA money, or if I just need to think about increasing my donations budget. I've been seeing lots of good things from them lately, and yet to hear anything bad.
wayne likes this.
JBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 06:33 AM   #3

GOA is much more in sync with my positions on 2A issues than the NRA. This particular subject is an example.

The Obama admin had reviewed bump stocks and determined they were perfectly legal and not subject to ATF regulation. NRA then advocates for the Trump admin to regulate bump stocks for an effective ban.

Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox joint statement--

In Las Vegas, reports indicate that certain devices were used to modify the firearms involved. Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations.

https://home.nra.org/joint-statement

It takes a while to really let the above sink in... but the reality is the NRA was protesting the Obama admin pro-gun determinations.

GOA is now challenging the NRA-supported bump stock ban.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 03-08-2019 at 06:49 AM.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2019, 06:48 AM   #4

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
GOA is much more in sync with my positions on 2A issues than the NRA. This particular subject is an example.

The Obama admin ATF had reviewed bump stocks and determined they were perfectly legal and not subject to ATF regulation. NRA then advocates for the Trump admin to regulate bump stocks for an effective ban.

Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox joint statement--

In Las Vegas, reports indicate that certain devices were used to modify the firearms involved. Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations.

https://home.nra.org/joint-statement

It takes a while to really let the above sink in... NRA protesting Obama admin pro-gun determinations.

GOA is now challenging the NRA-supported bump stock ban.
They are both good for different reasons! The NRA is the most visible irritant to the anti gunners. The GOA seem to go to court and win more fights that need to be won! I support both as well as 2nd Amendment Foundation, Buckeye Firearms and Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership! There are a couple others that I can't think of right now!

What I'd like to know is, if the Republicans are "the party of big business" like the progressives say, why the heck do the Dems have all the "billionaire" supporters like Bloomberg, Soros and others willing to bankroll any of their anti American values (IMO) and the Repubs appear to have no big money donors who will fall in line behind them??
OLE442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 06:50 AM   #5
Super Moderator

No one organization is perfect or looks at things the same way. This is why I am a member and support multiple organizations on both the federal and state level.
bigdog10 likes this.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:02 AM   #6

On the heels of the NRA-supported bump stock ban, the NRA is now supporting Red Flag gun confiscation laws. Not only that, they are advocating for the federal government to use your federal tax dollars to bribe states into adopting Red Flag gun confiscation laws. In fact, the NRA has created a Red Flag gun confiscation advocacy video ad.

NRA-ILA Executive Director, Chris Cox.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 03-08-2019 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:18 AM   #7

Originally Posted by OLE442 View Post
They are both good for different reasons!
The NRA's involvement with firearms safety, training and sports is unparalleled. Fantastic organization. On the flip side, The NRA is FUBAR on many fundamental 2A issues.
DaveinNC likes this.
Old 03-08-2019, 03:14 PM   #8

Yeah, that's the thing. I like to support them mostly because they piss off the anti's like nobody's business. On the other hand, the more time goes on, the more they're pissing me off, so I have to decide who I care more about pissing off. As the saying goes "you have to decide whether or not the juice is worth the squeeze..."
JBear is online now   Reply With Quote