I'll be out for a few days. - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2019, 04:09 PM   #1

I'll be out for a few days.

As most of you know, I'm having some minor surgery tomorrow. In a delicate European operation, several surgeons are going to remove my lust for quality jackknives...

Well, that's what my wife wanted. She was disappointed to learn I have just a small hernia.

I'll sleep for a day or two since the surgery is pretty much out-patient. I walk in, and within the hour, I'm patched like an old tire.

My guess is that after four days I'll remember my name and begin walking the gym track. I was told it's pretty much three small holes, much a like your average barroom brawl.

If you think about it--pray--for the surgeon. I'll be fine, and back before your knives go dull.--Chico
Bigdog likes this.
Old 03-10-2019, 04:26 PM   #2

My Dad had it done back in the day, when it was big incisions and two handfuls of staples. Medicine has come quite a ways.
Safe travels, my friend. You'll be missed 'round here for sure. Hurry back as soon as you remember which way is up!
JBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:46 PM   #3

Thanks, JBear. I, too, remember the "auto accident" scar my dad had back when men were men and sheep were nervous. They must have cut him for ten inches.

They are going to punch these three holes down my center-line, and check my right side, too, just in case.

But my doctor, Mike Aughey, did the pre-surgery exam, and he couldn't even locate the tear. I once had a small tear in my leg from working out, and essentially they shoved the muscle back in place and taped it down.

Of all the issues, it's not the cutting, it's the anesthetic. I hate the stuff, and sometimes get a headache.

...my wife has already checked my jeans for knives...

Old 03-10-2019, 04:53 PM   #4

SAY NO TO THE catheter.
Wingnut likes this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:20 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Shootinit View Post
SAY NO TO THE catheter.
Say no no no , unless itís a straight catheter. If they want to put in a permanent, two, three days catheter say no. Just had this done a couple days ago and trust me you donít want it better to just do straight catheter several times.
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:28 PM   #6

Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
Of all the issues, it's not the cutting, it's the anesthetic. I hate the stuff, and sometimes get a headache
I hear you. For me it's morphine. They made the mistake of giving it to me for two surgeries after assuring me both times that they wouldn't, it wasn't fun for anyone when I woke up.
JBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:33 PM   #7

Had one done about 9 years ago, you just have to take it easy for a week. Good luck my friend youll be fine.
427malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:41 PM   #8

Speedy recovery my friend.
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:59 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Is it safe to assume that you've already inspected the surgeon's scalpel, noted all the flaws in the edge and polished them out?

Good luck my friend, you'll be remembered in my prayers.
CharlieW, 2sharp2, OLE442 and 5 others like this.
Old 03-10-2019, 06:28 PM   #10

Take it slow and get back soon. And if you get a really cute nurse, give her a little pat on the butt Ö. they really like that.
dls56 likes this.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote