Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By The Tourist
  • 1 Post By jfaisten
  • 1 Post By Cucamonga kid
  • 2 Post By cousinmark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2019, 06:58 AM   #1

Knives and Christianity

Yes, I'm a Christian. Might sound odd coming from a biker who loves knives and guns. But I also believe that God puts you where he needs you, and most times He sends me on a mission that baffles me.

As most of you know, I really like these Boker Kalashnikov switchblades. After I bought the tan/tan one, I thought I'd better get a spare. I opened a seller forum, saw a a Boker with a great color scheme--an orange handle with a black blade. Harley colors.

I bought it, polished the edge, but never used it, cut anything with it, or even considered it mine--because it was never mine.

Here's the odd story. In securing that knife, I found that it was about the only one in the three major dealers I patronized. To that, I also found a member who was desperately looking for one.

I got that "feeling."

I know I sound like a 'Holy Roller,' but I think God has plans for the 'real owner' and I was just a facilitator. Tomorrow this knife goes out to the rightful owner.

But as I sit and drink my morning coffee, I find a joy in that knife I didn't have when it was "mine," assuming it was ever mine.

Here's the moral to that story. We live in a violent world. Most of us know that, we were soldiers, bikers, body guards, fathers and husbands. The secular world we know believes in, "Do onto others and then screw 'em." I cannot live that way.

I forget the chapter and verse, but a believer writes, "Who can steal from God?" Well, it ain't gonna be me!

I wrote to the rightful owner and told him I had polished the edge, but never used it, or cut anything with it. In fact, I just laid it in the knife drawer. Well, of course I did, I was the 'protector.'

In an odd twist, I also wrote the owner and related a story of my past redheaded girl friend, a statuesque beauty named "Vicki." He wrote back, laughing, and told me he had married a statuesque beauty named "Vickie."

My guess is that she's going to get a new knife. LOL
Old 03-17-2019, 08:17 AM   #2

I understand the "feeling" you talked about. I didn't pay it a lot of attention until several years ago. I would just chalk it up to something keeps bugging me. He works in many ways -- you have to listen.
cousinmark likes this.
jfaisten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 09:41 AM   #3

In general I keep things simple faith wise, Golden Rule kinda stuff. I'm far from a Biblical scholar. I guess I know maybe 5 or so scriptures? One of them is John 3:17. God so loved the world he sent his only son so it could be saved...
Today being 3:17 it occurred to me it was a serendipitous day for Tourist to post what he did :-)

Hmmmmm...
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2019, 10:03 AM   #4

John 3:16 me thinkest
speedydg13 likes this.

Last edited by Cucamonga kid; 03-17-2019 at 10:19 AM.
Cucamonga kid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:15 AM   #5

Agreed. That said, thanks to my upbringing I have roughly 2/3 of the Bible floating around up there that once seemed very orderly memorized, and it's gotten difficult keeping it straight without the constant state of attention it once had. But that all having been said, "you never forget your first", so I'm pretty confident about this one.
JBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:51 AM   #6

Yup, John 3:16 is "God so loved MAN, he sent his only son...
John 3:17 is "God so loved THE WORLD, he sent his only son..
...so they both could be saved :-)
Today's 3/17
speedydg13 and Cucamonga kid like this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:03 AM   #7

I am amazed at the chores God assigns me. Most are simple, but all make me question my coveting knowing full-well sacrifice is the better path.

The knife cost 40 bucks, a small sum for a great knife. But as I said, no one had one but me. Do I tell him to chalk it up and shake it off, or just make his life a tad easier?

Jesus once asked his Apostles to sit. He took a pan of water and washed their feet, all the while they protested and suggested they wash His.

Hey, the guy might want the tan/tan one, too. One for his wife, one for him...

God is out to teach me something, and I wish I knew what.