A surefire way not to get banned. - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2019, 12:12 PM   #1

A surefire way not to get banned.

As many of you know, I'm a member of the "Prepperforums." Truth be told, I've learned how to survive enough with a simple jackknife and a singular MRE that these posers have ever figured out. It was time for me to leave.

So I wrote a simple PM to their moderator and told him to cancel my membership and I was going to reside at KimberTalk full-time. That's when he threw me a change-up.

He wrote to me and refused to cancel my membership. I told him his guidance was pedantic, and I could get better advice from a "gynecologist building a panhead."

Now he tells me I have wisdom to impart on the youngsters and yearns to read more of my opinions. Yikes.

I'll never get banned at this speed...

Last edited by The Tourist; 03-17-2019 at 12:51 PM.
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-17-2019, 12:17 PM   #2
Super Moderator

If you no longer want to participate on a forum you don't have to get banned to accomplish that, just don't log on to it anymore.
Gmountain, 2sharp2, OLE442 and 3 others like this.
Old 03-17-2019, 12:22 PM   #3

There was an old burley Harley mechanic lying in a hospital bed recovering from open heart surgery. The doctor came in the next day as he was recovering and the biker asked the doctor how long did that operation take; the doctor told him eight hours. The biker asked him how much did it cost? The doctor told him $57,000 give or take . The biker goes holy crap Dr I work on old Panhead motors and I do pretty much the same thing as you. I swap valves, change oil lines, put new seals in and I don't charge that kind of money for a days work. The doctor goes; "well try it while the motorcycle is running".

Sorry for the hijack Chico, but you mentioned gynecologist and Panhead's and I had to throw that joke in there somehow.

Last edited by Cucamonga kid; 03-17-2019 at 12:25 PM.
Cucamonga kid is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2019, 12:53 PM   #4

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
If you no longer want to participate on a forum you don't have to get banned to accomplish that, just don't log on to it anymore.
This (ahem) forum leaves your avatar and past comments in the rotation, like you never left.

I like one moderator, Annie, but she's not around much anymore to add to the decorum.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:30 PM   #5

Oh this is simple go into the forum and start a thread explaining that your best survival advice, in an emergency, is to do the following .. 1) Throw all your knives, guns, food and money out on to your porch. 2) Call a rapper, actor, NBA or NFL player for help. 3) Pull your skirt up over your head and hide under your bed.

I doubt they'll want many posts from you after that.
wayne likes this.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 02:53 PM   #6

There are lots of ways to get banned from forums. I'm an expert evidently, since on another 1911 forum I can't post or view pictures or links in spite of being logged in. I have written the admins and moderators many times. I just don't go there any more.
Old 03-17-2019, 03:49 PM   #7

The most entertaining ban is ghosting. Here's how it works.

A forum member is a total AH so ya ban him. Unfortunately, he keeps finding ways around the system to make a new account and continues to create problems on the forum. Ban, back again and again. So... ya ghost him.

The person ghosted does not know it. They can log onto the forum as usual and post as usual, everything looks the same. However, no one can see the ghosted posts except the person ghosted and moderators. It's is funnier than hell to watch an idiot post lengthy replies, new threads, and try to enter discussions but no one ever replies cuz no one can see his posts! By ghosting them they believe they're active and have no reason to think they need to create another account. Works well for the stubborn problem children.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 03-17-2019 at 03:51 PM.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 07:04 PM   #8

Oh, you'll love this!

The moderator who won't ban me sent me a PM now--he wants me to polish a blade for him, but the reason is way over the top.

He wants something for "history," in a sense proving he knew a 'famous' polisher.

'Scuse me, my gag reflex just tugged on my stitches...

PS. It's in Prepperforums.com, honest you'll have to read this for yourself!
Old 03-17-2019, 08:05 PM   #9

Do not speak to fools, for they will scorn your prudent words.
Proverbs 23:10

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:52 AM   #10

Oh, and it gets worse...

I falsely think that any guy who becomes a forum moderator must have a few marbles left. So I contact the guy, give him my phone number (the business one) and he calls last night.

So get this, not only does he want me to polish a knife for him and all future beholders, but he wants me to buy him a knife--of my choosing--polish it, and send it to him.

I consider flipping through a knife magazine to cure the boredom, then I remember I'm a biker and never had any manners to begin with. I tell him I need to take a dump and hit the sack early.

I'm going to use Chuck's idea. While my avatar and posts will live out there long after we are all dust, as long as I avoid the place I'll never know how many insults I endure. My phone tells me who's calling, so I don't have to answer...
DaveinNC, PaulWVa and wayne like this.