Ammo Rebates - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2019, 08:24 AM   #1

Ammo Rebates

Have any of you not received your Blasser Brass Ammo Reates. I purchased three boxes of their ammo over the holidays, could of got up to five, with still no rebates. I have had issues before with rebates so I filled out the paperwork just as they asked. Last week Academy sent me a review about the ammo so I stated about not getting the rebates, was told I didnít fill the paperwork out correct, donít know how that happened when I did it exactly like they asked. Rebates are a come on in my opinion. Not again.
Supertool is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-24-2019, 08:29 AM   #2

The last Federal rebate I sent in...
e-mail received 1/21.
e-mail approved 2/21. Said allow approximately four weeks to receive rebate. That was now 31 days ago. Hope to see it this week.
Supertool and Bigdog like this.
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 08:40 AM   #3

I should add that I filled out the rebate form online including all the bar codes and product pics. I have submitted several Federal rebates forms. All eventually came though with the money.
Supertool and Bigdog like this.

Old 03-24-2019, 10:51 AM   #4

That's nothing--I have a better story.

In 1996 (remember that year) Ernest Emerson was still selling CQC7s from the back of magazines. I ordered one.

That order seemed to be taking a lot of time, and I called the company back with a four digit order number.

In time, they were using an eleven digit number.

Then one day in 2006 I got a call from Mary, his wife. I was told my knife was being shipped. I thought it was one of the MC boys, yanking me.

When I got to the Chinese restaurant my wife wished to go, there she sat with a box. The return address had Mary's name on it, and not many people would have known that.

Sure enough, it was a handmade Emerson.

But my desire had cooled and I placed that CQC7 in the back of my knife drawer for another few years.

Over time I met Doc Lentz, who told me he had entered all the Emerson drawings he could, and had never won. I told him I would send him a real-deal Emerson immediately. Doc did not know me well enough then, so to prove I had it, I took out ten years worth of boxes (replete with peanuts), invoice copies over time, e-mail and handwritten letters, not to mention the original ten year old invoice, put all these things on my bed, and took a wide angle camera shot.

He told me, if I actually had one, it was worth 2,400 dollars. I told him 2,000 was close enough and mailed it to him immediately.

I then vowed to never own an Emerson, ever, ever, again...
Supertool likes this.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:04 AM   #5

I've sent in three Fed rebates since first of the year. I didn't use the online program.... I mailed in all my invoices, forms and UPCs. My rebates should total $120.00. In early March I did receive an email saying my stuff had been received Ö no checks yet.

I did a few of the Remington rebates last year and they took months to receive. I'm not sure if the issues are just that it's more paper work than they can handle or if they just aren't in any hurry to give back money.
Supertool likes this.
PaulWVa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 02:20 PM   #6

I guess recently I I have done better than most. I purchased some Hornady reloading equipment and applied for bullet rebates. I had to pay shipping and about a month later Hornady said they shipped it via Fedex. I followed the tracking with with the number they gave me. The web site finally said it was delivered. I looked on my porch, around the house and nothing. I contacted Fedex. They said they would get back to me. Yeah, right! The next day they called. They admitted they screwed up and said they would fix it. Two days later all of my bullets arrived - all 1200 of them.
Supertool likes this.
DeOlMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 02:28 PM   #7

Not only do I pace for "toys" I bought, but also for the "toys" I've sold.

Right now I have four in the breeze. One is for a member here. I worry about this stuff.

Now in +20 years, I have only lost one package. A very short Zulu chieftain stole the box off my porch. The local constables know what I do for living, and they caged the little ne'er-do-well at home, in front of his mom.

My package obviously became evidence, and Blue Ridge sent me a replacement.
Supertool likes this.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:34 AM   #8

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
The last Federal rebate I sent in...
e-mail received 1/21.
e-mail approved 2/21. Said allow approximately four weeks to receive rebate. That was now 31 days ago. Hope to see it this week.
Rebate card arrived Monday 4/8.

Less than three months from e-mail submission to payment.
Bigdog likes this.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:21 AM   #9

Ya' know, I've thought about this, and after looking at my stock in the gunroom, I think I've stumbled onto something.

My wife and I used to go past The Boston Store most days before they sold out. There was usually a "SALE" sign for a certain department. My wife always went in, found little if anything, and perhaps bought a blouse.

I think we do the same.

If you're buying anything gun related on a sale--and you weren't really going to spend money--have you saved anything?

If you like a certain brand of oil or ammunition--and you only buy that commodity--aren't you farther ahead than a guy who jumps on every sale item?

Granted, a sale on generic hardball is a steal if you're breaking in a 1911, but do you need to do this every day?
Old 04-11-2019, 08:21 AM   #10

I purchase ammo that I regularly shoot when I see it at unusually low prices rather than waiting until I need it or otherwise run out. This method has served me well for the past 40+ years. It particularly serves me well during 'panics', especially the last one. When others were running around like chickens with their heads cut off in search of ammo at any price, I just smiled and kept on shooting. Same with reloading supplies.

Maybe I'll give my rebate Master Card to the wife to purchase a blouse. Otherwise, no, I would not in any way compare my ammo supplies to the wife's clothes closet.
Bigdog likes this.