• 7 Post By ChattanoogaPhil
  • 1 Post By The Tourist
  • 1 Post By TequilaWarrior
  • 1 Post By Cucamonga kid
  • 2 Post By Cucamonga kid
  • 2 Post By ChattanoogaPhil

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2019, 04:34 PM   #1

Yet another new millennial crisis! Just in time!

What is wrong with these pansies? I always thought that descending testicles was a thing to which guys looked forward.

When I heard a "crisis" was coming I thought the Cartels were here, or we were all drafted into the army, or the last pretty girl just met the pimp of her choice.

But no! The big crisis is batteries! The air-pods (or ear pods, I wasn't listening) are now failing at an alarming rate! These guys will have to use their own imaginations for a few minutes while some EMT finds them some emergency batteries!

Where is good pediatric doctor when you need him? Some medical personnel has to teach these children that a limp dick is simply in its storage mode...oy, vey.
DaveinNC and wayne like this.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:44 PM   #2

What were you drinking today???
Sig P239
Sig P320SC
Sig P320-M17
Sig P938
Sig P365MS
Sig 1911
Springfield Armory XDm 3.8
Springfield Armory XDs
Colt New Agent
Colt LE6920 (2)
Ruger LCPII
Ruger MK4
Ruger 10-22
S&W Shield .380 EZ
trident is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 08:24 PM   #3

Chico, I think you're my new hero!

That's some funny stuff. Cleaned it up because I've been drinking Balvenie 14 year old scotch.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:07 AM   #4

I'm going to the range today. I'll probably take two AR15s with battery powered optics. In my range bag is battery powered hearing protection. To drive to the range I'll use a battery powered key fob, remote garage door opener and battery powered starter in my truck. In my pockets will be a battery powered iPhone and flashlight. My order of 500pcs of new .357 Starline brass just arrived at the door! When I get around to loading some I'll be using a battery powered powder scale. Right now I'm in my office using a battery powered computer keyboard and mouse while the wife is in the bathroom standing on a battery powered scale and screaming obscenities.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 09:57 AM   #5

Originally Posted by trident View Post
What were you drinking today???
Iced coffee--same as everyday for +40 years.

No dirt is allowed in "the temple."

Coffee bends the rules, no question. But my one-and-only diet for the last seven plus years has been water (from Kirkland) all types of unbreaded fish and dark green vegetables.

Doc says my lungs displace a silent six liters.
CharlieW likes this.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:21 AM   #6

It's not the batteries that's the problem. It's the expectation that the batteries that are permanently built-in are going to retain their original capacity for eternity. Our generation (I'm no millenial) and those before us got used to the fact that batteries wear out. Rechargeables have a limited life-span. The pansies that are complaining are the ones who were willing to shell out $200+ for the earliest shipped devices and have used them persistently and at length for the past 2+ years with the expectation that they'll last forever. Unrealistic expectations, if you ask me.
speedydg13 likes this.
TequilaWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 07:34 AM   #7

I had this same conversation on the track with a young, obviously wealthy and choosy young woman. She had the white ear-buds as discussed in the TV news, but had not heard any issues. Her buds were on their first charge, they were new.

I have heard conflicting reports. Whatever the real problem, some scuttlebutt infers that the batteries themselves will be dumped and a newer design will take their place.
Old 03-27-2019, 03:58 PM   #8

Speaking of batteries; I had a crisis with a battery yesterday. Bike wouldn't start. So I pulled the battery out to check the date on it and it was April 2006. (13 years old) Slapped in a new battery and fired it up and then found out I need a new headlight bulb so I pop that in, checked everything else out and I was good to go. Just waiting for the ice dam to thaw at the end of my driveway so I can hit the pavement.
IMG_1586.JPG

Then there's the golf cart that the wife and I bought for her dad. All 6 8V batteries are dead. Because I forgot to leave the charger on it last winter. Coldest winter we've had in 25 years even though it was in the garage. They are all connected in series with shorter cables so that it will produce 48 V to the motor. I have to disconnect all the short cables and charge each one individually with my battery tender. IMG_1586.JPG

And then there's my Tahoe it needed a new battery two weeks ago. So I don't want to hear any whining about little flashlight batteries.

It's a good thing the Crimson trace gives me lifetime batteries for all the laser grips that I have.

By the way I am not a millennial I'm a boomer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2252.JPG (1.35 MB, 8 views)
ChattanoogaPhil likes this.

Last edited by Cucamonga kid; 03-27-2019 at 04:04 PM.
Cucamonga kid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 10:07 AM   #9

The Most Amazing Thing

This morning I looked out my window to the field behind.....
Oh crap my cell battery is dying. I'll be b
CharlieW and ChattanoogaPhil like this.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:34 AM   #10

Rechargeable batteries in devices.... too many to list.

Heck, I've got rechargeable batteries to recharge rechargeable batteries.

This Asus 10500mAh (size of a pack of cigs) has come in handy so many times....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5405.jpg (1.12 MB, 1 views)
Chuck43 and Cucamonga kid like this.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote