SPECIFIC Poor Customer Service. - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2019, 09:12 AM   #1

SPECIFIC Poor Customer Service.

I have dropped a supplier after 20 years. Frankly, the guy just didn't care.

Several weeks ago I bought an automatic Speed Hunter. Not only was it the wrong color and dinged, but the sharp tip stood proud from the handle.

Last week I ordered a red handle stiletto. I figured my wife would like it since red was is her favorite color. It came in a striated tan. Lots of scratches, the tip was actually rounded. An easy fix, but why is that my problem.

During that same period I ordered three knives from Horizon Bladeworks. Every one was perfect, to the extent that I think Joyce QCs every shipment. And considering the distance, all shipments arrived in two to three days. I have happy clients.

Some of the knives were mine to use in the "real world." My tan/tan Boker rides with me, as does Joyce's black/green rendition. I did have less work to do on Joyce's knife, since the edge was very uniform.

I'm a consumer and a salesman. When every shipment is wrong or dinged, I have to fix the item. I recently sent a knife to a member here, and I made sure it was picture perfect. That's what I'd want...

My former supplier lost continued sales because of pure and simple "slop."
Old 03-27-2019, 10:28 AM   #2

Yeah, you don't have to send them money!! Some business people think they're the only game in town!
OLE442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 11:08 AM   #3

Originally Posted by OLE442 View Post
Yeah, you don't have to send them money!! Some business people think they're the only game in town!
When we first started my business we used to tease the clients with the slogan, "It don't mean a thing if it ain't Bada Bing."

I wanted to build a business that I would like to patronize myself.

After the knife went out to the member and I got his note that it had arrived, I did a "customer service" follow up call. After all, what do I fix if I don't know what's broken?

My guess is that in a month or two I'll get a call about my shipments--that have ended.