Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By The Tourist
  • 2 Post By PaulWVa
  • 2 Post By Rick in Oregon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2019, 02:32 PM   #1

Great magazines!! ...no, no not those kind...

I take the wife to Books-A-Million on a regular basis. She's a big book reader. She has an E-Book and an Amazon Fire but still likes "real" books too. And I enjoy looking over their gun, shooting and outdoor sections as well as the magazines. Plus Cabela's is in the same shopping center, so that works out too.

Anyway on our visit, last week I found a couple of current magazines I thought you guys might like to pick up.

1) Concealed Carry Handguns spring issue. This has a nice article on "Kimbers to Carry" it's all about the K6 and the EVO SP.

1a) A couple of good articles on carrying snubbie revolvers. Which I do, so it grabbed my attention right off the cover. The "Editor's Choice" section has two of my personal EDCs plus the K6 and the Harper's Ferry (WVa) Armory .357. These guys are just up the road for me and it has now moved way up my "wish list".

2) With all the knife talk lately on KT I'm sure many of you will want to check out the "2019 Knives Illustrated Buyers Guide". Lots of great stuff here. A great read for pros like Chico, collectors like me and newbies alike. Many brands, styles and goodies I've never heard of. Even the ads have all kinds of great stuff.

So if you have a local BAM or favorite news stand look for these titles...worth a serious look, I promise.
PaulWVa is online now   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-28-2019, 03:00 PM   #2

Yup, I flipped through it. Then to check my work I started to buy Knife magazines.

I'm beginning to think I'm addicted. I just bought two 1.75 inch SW switchblades from Joyce. They are small enough to fit inside my fob pocket.

She asked why I needed two.

I told her, "One to sharpen rough and one to polish extra fine."

After all these years I have not found that "magic edge."
PaulWVa and wayne like this.
Old 03-28-2019, 03:47 PM   #3

Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
Yup, I flipped through it. Then to check my work I started to buy Knife magazines.
Yeah, I thought , "these guys need Chico to do some of their blades before taking the photos" and others I thought "Oh yeah Chico and the boys would really dig that blade".

I'm a big magazine reader guns, knives, cars, anything for the "gadget-holic" in me. I've had a steady running 'scipt to American Handgunner since the early '80s. And having photographed cars for several years I had three car mags and Photography Magazine all coming monthly as well.
RustyIron and Rick in Oregon like this.

Old 03-28-2019, 04:06 PM   #4

Another mag on the shelves right now is the annual put out by Shooting Times: The Complete Book of the 1911.

As a lifelong 1911 addict, I pick it up every spring. This year's issue has some interesting stuff in it, one of them being a sweet new SIG Ultra 3" 1911 w/night sights, nice grips, all the usual neat stuff.

Just more stuff to fuel the fire. As if any of us needs encouragement!
Tejun and PaulWVa like this.
Rick in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 04:20 PM   #5

Yeah, however you guys know the joke about "The Queen's Eye."

Like I said, the latest picture flipped Joyce out--and she sold me the knife.

I cannot wait for her "fob pocket knives." Everyone here probably wears jeans, but not all of us put a big knife on their hips. I think this is an issue whose time has come.
Old 03-28-2019, 05:55 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Rick in Oregon View Post
Another mag on the shelves right now is the annual put out by Shooting Times: The Complete Book of the 1911.

As a lifelong 1911 addict, I pick it up every spring. This year's issue has some interesting stuff in it, one of them being a sweet new SIG Ultra 3" 1911 w/night sights, nice grips, all the usual neat stuff.

Just more stuff to fuel the fire. As if any of us needs encouragement!
I hear ya can't be a true "gun guy" without having a 1911 or two or ten. And there are so many nice ones to choose from. I have a Sig, a Colt, a Ruger and two Kimbers. I'm always eyeing the custom stuff (Nighthawk, Wilson, etc. ) but just can't justify the price tags. I went to the Harper's Ferry Amory website to check out their revolvers and started drooling on their 1911s go figure.