Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By The Tourist
  • 1 Post By OLE442
  • 1 Post By The Tourist

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2019, 07:11 AM   #1

Signed onto "Classmates."

I had been watching a throw-back series of old "Twilight Zone" episodes. For some reason I got nostalgic, and dialed up 'Classmates.'

Oy, vey, did we get old! My class--1968--had a 45th Year Reunion, but not a 50th. Then again, that class never did anything by the book. One of my fiends/friends in crime (who shall only be known as "Craig") made the study of Cap'n Crunch commercials his life long study. In fact, it was the first thing he mentioned in his answer back to me.

We had over 500 kids attend Menomonee Falls High School in the various years from 1964 through 1968. Only about 80 registered with Classmates. In fact, by typing in the names of my friends--and stellar achievers--the response to my requests are usually "0 items found."

As you know, the children of the 1960s knew me best by knife collecting. Now, I did have a complete career in finance and the necessity to wear nice suits. However, I went back to sharpening.

If someone from that era asks what I'm doing for work, and cutlery is mentioned, I'm sure someone will opine, "Well, that figures..."
speedydg13 likes this.
Old 04-02-2019, 02:44 PM   #2

I graduated in 1970, was a cool geek (somewhere between the cool folks and the nerds) LOL! Went to my 20 year reunion and it was OK. A lot of the cool guys were bald as pool balls and I still had hair. They had a formal dinner and a picnic the next day. The picnic was better. It was OK but I'll most likely not go back. Maybe 50 year but I doubt it. If I ever finish up my 1972 Cutlass 442 restoration......maybe!

I have been off and on ClassMates.com …..mostly off but I do sign up for a month every so often. Heard from some classmates I really didn't hang with in school and got some nice comments. It's funny how people who you thought were too special and didn't know you even existed....did remember you and are nice to talk with. Some of the cool folks weren't that self confident and maybe because they had the "look", they just seemed above you!
speedydg13 likes this.
OLE442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 03:07 PM   #3

I graduated in '72. Went to the 10-year reunion, but not a lot of the people I hung out with attended. I was like OLE442 in school. Hung out with people from just about all the different groups there, the scholastic achievers, the nerds, the jocks, the "dudes," the upper economics, the lower, etc...

Haven't been interested in attending any more reunions, I guess I figure I'm a different person I was then, and I'm pretty sure all my classmates are as well.

Old 04-02-2019, 03:31 PM   #4

Originally Posted by speedydg13 View Post
I guess I figure I'm a different person I was then, and I'm pretty sure all my classmates are as well.
That's what I first thought. I envisioned my little group as a cold, angry bunch of boys who wanted to anywhere else except school. I found that we're all now about 70 years old, and the armor we wore as children has thankfully dissolved.

I'm looking for the people that I never got to know. The nerds, the cold evasive prom queens and the ones who didn't leave so much as a footprint on that high school.

As much as I could, I loved Anita Chvosta and Rosanne Zentkowski. Anita might be dead, and Rosanne ("Rosy" to me), was one who never left that footprint.

I wish I could it all over again--but I saw that episode on "Star Trek The Next Generation."
speedydg13 likes this.