Pudding or soup? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2019, 07:02 AM   #1

Pudding or soup?

I had a real bout of allergies when I was a kid, an adjunct to asthma.

My mother would push salty soup, which made any stomachache that much worse. I'd always ask for pudding.

Of course, due to all of the superior medical information offered by The Readers Digest, my mom proffered that the milk in pudding would give me a stomachache. Logic? I already had stomach problems.

Now, mom was a drinker, so my guess is that her stomach problems were de rigueur.

Well, I'm a big boy now. I haven't needed a night-light in several months. I'm still getting over the anesthetic, and my stomach is a tad off.

So my wife bought me a ton of pudding cups--no salt, just milk.

My stomach has never felt better. Oh, the loss of constipation is embarrassing...

Here's the moral to the tale. In early spring I usually get a doozy of a cold and/or flu. I refuse to give up coffee for limp-wristed tea. That, and I hate soup, or anything else where you can taste salt.

My advice? If your body craves something--no matter how bizarre--listen to the crazies, not The Readers Digest...

Last edited by The Tourist; 04-03-2019 at 09:17 AM.
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-03-2019, 07:29 AM   #2

Hard to go wrong with pudding...
Old 04-03-2019, 07:49 AM   #3

Once when i was sick my mom made warm honey for me ..i told her if you give me that i will puke....she spent the rest of the night cleaning the carpet...
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2019, 09:21 AM   #4

Originally Posted by Shootinit View Post
....she spent the rest of the night cleaning the carpet...
Only one way to beat that--and I've done it.

Don't sleep. Stay up all night calling old girl friends, polishing your bike for the eighth time that week, sharpen a knife with a disaster of a bevel, or read your old high school year books.

I've tried it all. I'm about a month through with ditching the hangover from the anesthetic. I've been told I have another month.

Good thing I love pudding...
Old 04-03-2019, 04:46 PM   #5

So does Bernie. Not that that matters. Local honey is the best remedy for allergies, bar none. I'd rather have allergies than puke all over the carpet, but this is the first time I've ever heard of anyone puking from eating honey. Oh well. Anyway...
JBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 08:14 PM   #6

Originally Posted by JBear View Post
So does Bernie. Not that that matters. Local honey is the best remedy for allergies, bar none. I'd rather have allergies than puke all over the carpet, but this is the first time I've ever heard of anyone puking from eating honey. Oh well. Anyway...
smell taste anything honey still has the same effect now...
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 03:52 AM   #7

Interesting. That would ruin some of my favorite spirits for me, and that's sad.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:45 AM   #8

Originally Posted by JBear View Post
So does Bernie. Not that that matters. Local honey is the best remedy for allergies, bar none.
Now you got me depressed--again.

Just a few blocks from my parents' old house in Menomonee Falls was a place called "Honey Acres." It has now moved out towards Lannon, I believe.

Anywho, one of the old "lost loves" of my youth was a girl named Anita, who was the niece of Honey Acres owner.

That, and Anita became a dog groomer. It's a double whammy for me today, we just had our dog groomed yesterday.

I'm drinking the morning coffee, but something says I'll need lots of pudding today...
Old 04-04-2019, 04:39 PM   #9

Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
Now you got me depressed--again.
Woah woah woah. Hold on. Expound. You mean, you were depressed, you got over it, and I knocked you back off the wagon; or I got you depressed, you got over it, and I came back around like as asshole and did it again? Neither vindicates me, but one is significantly worse, IMO, than the other.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:40 PM   #10

I meant "nostalgic."

I've been saddened by not finding all my old classmates. One of them was raised on a honey farm. Ergo, you also mentioned honey...