Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Gmountain
  • 1 Post By Chuck43
  • 1 Post By Gmountain

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2015, 07:12 PM   #1

A cool new light- Nebo Seven-Z

I picked up this cool new light today. A Nebo Seven -Z.

This is a 770 lumen led light. Bright. It also operates at a low power 220 lumens.

Made from aluminum. It has a really neat twist up head, so you can smoothly switch from floodlight to spotlight. Advertised distance on spot mode is around 1000 feet.

It has a glow in the dark tail switch.

The light can run on 3, 6, or 9 batteries. With 9 batteries , the output is 770 lumens on high and 220 on low.

Run time on high is an impressive 7 hours.

I took it outside and it really lights things up. It's not a compact weapon light and it's not meant to function like that, but it will blind an assailant.

This light can be found online for $49.99, if you do a little looking. In my opinion,it's well worth a look if you need a bright all purpose flashlight.
Chuck43 and Marshall like this.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-10-2015, 07:52 PM   #2
Super Moderator

That's a nice light but a little big for EDC. My present EDC carry light is a Nightcore EA11, it's half the size at 3.5" and puts out 900 lumens on high at 207 yards. It runs primarily on a 14500 rechargeable battery (a little less on a single "AA"). It was a little bit more expensive at $59.00 but that included a rechargeable battery and a battery charger. It has 5 levels of brightness 900 lumens, 700, 160, 70 and 1. It also has a second red LED that blinks to tell you the level of charge in the battery and can be used to read something without ruining your night vision. I'm bit of a flashlight freak, my 5 1/2" nightstand flashlight runs on a single 18650 rechargeable and puts out just over 1000 lumens. On the high end I have beer can size lights that easily exceed 4000 lumens.
Marshall likes this.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:02 PM   #3

It's definitely not an EDC light. I like lights as well, but this is a cool light to light something up at a distance.
Chuck43 likes this.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2015, 08:10 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Gmountain View Post
It's definitely not an EDC light. I like lights as well, but this is a cool light to light something up at a distance.
I totally agree with you, the numbers are there, I think it would be a great light to stick in your pocket for something like walking the dog at night. It's a little large but would definitely work as a defensive light.
Old 07-11-2015, 04:01 AM   #5

I do agree with the concept. I carry an older Surefire E1e in my right front pants pocket as an EDC, and I have for +15 years.

You point out the improvements of flashlights, their run time, and their lumen output. If I had to purchase another flashlight for use in a vehicle as a singular emergency light source, I think I would choose the model you showcased.

I'm also toying with the idea of buying a rechargeable model that can plug into my truck's cigarette lighter. I have that set up for my cell phone, and it's saved me more than once.

Very good information, thanks for the report and pictures.