Costco is killing me. - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2019, 12:20 PM   #1

Costco is killing me.

I HATE COSTCO!
Not just because of all the money my wife spends there but for all the work it cost me when she brings stuff home.
New TV; bust out all my tools, find the studs, mount the bracket, hang the TV.
A van load of flowers and plants; I'm out in the backyard digging holes all day.
Three boxes of sidewalk solar lights; unboxing, assembling and then pounding those plastic stakes on the edge of the sidewalk right into my buried sprinkler lines. (Urrrrr!!)
But I should feel blessed. When I think of poor Rick in Oregon out there on the Prairie in the wind having to endure the recoil of his gopher gun all day long I guess I'm a pretty lucky guy.

NO WAIT! ......I HATE RICK! Carry on
bigdog10, 2sharp2, bhunted and 6 others like this.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:08 PM   #2

Originally Posted by Cucamonga kid View Post
I HATE COSTCO!
Not just because of all the money my wife spends there but for all the work it cost me when she brings stuff home.

But I should feel blessed. When I think of poor Rick in Oregon out there on the Prairie in the wind having to endure the recoil of his gopher gun all day long I guess I'm a pretty lucky guy.

NO WAIT! ......I HATE RICK! Carry on
I'm lovin' it! Go ahead and hate away, but you can rest assured that today I did not escape wifey's 'wants and needs' either. There was no time today in the rat patch, but tomorrow I'll fix that properly. One of the errands today for her was renewing our US Passports at the local PO....great entertainment....NOT. See, it's not all 'fun with rodents'.

I'll add that I hate Costco for the same reasons you do. Expensive in the end and then recycling all the dang heavy boxes later. Sorry for the sprinkler line intrusion though, that must have elicited a few choice words.

But just to further your feelings a bit more, tomorrow I'll be taking one of my pet varmint rifles for walkabout at a local ranch that calls me twice a year for rock chuck and sage rat removal. Pin-point precision is called for, so only the most accurate rifle and handloads will cut it.

Here's a look from last year's outing there.....

So I'll have to endure the 'recoil' of my pet varmint rifle once again out on the central Orygun high desert . But Cuca....I know you're at least thinking of me!
Rick in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 02:15 PM   #3

Well, consider yourself lucky, you just have ground squirrels.

Out in the 'burbs we have lazy-ass unemployed foreign born whatevers that stand on street corners and demand money because they're "veterans."

Ask them what their 'MOS' was and they haven't a clue. The good news is that I'll trade you all of this riff-raff for a whole passel of ground squirrels...

Old 04-23-2019, 02:35 PM   #4

Originally Posted by Rick in Oregon View Post
I'm lovin' it! Go ahead and hate away, but you can rest assured that today I did not escape wifey's 'wants and needs' either. There was no time today in the rat patch, but tomorrow I'll fix that properly. One of the errands today for her was renewing our US Passports at the local PO....great entertainment....NOT. See, it's not all 'fun with rodents'.

I'll add that I hate Costco for the same reasons you do. Expensive in the end and then recycling all the dang heavy boxes later. Sorry for the sprinkler line intrusion though, that must have elicited a few choice words.

But just to further your feelings a bit more, tomorrow I'll be taking one of my pet varmint rifles for walkabout at a local ranch that calls me twice a year for rock chuck and sage rat removal. Pin-point precision is called for, so only the most accurate rifle and handloads will cut it.

Here's a look from last year's outing there.....

So I'll have to endure the 'recoil' of my pet varmint rifle once again out on the central Orygun high desert . But Cuca....I know you're at least thinking of me!
Yer killing me man.
Rick in Oregon likes this.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:29 PM   #5

Rick, I hate to bring this up but we renewed our Passports online, well printed off forms then filled out papers the paperwork part. We had to go to Walgreens and have new photo's made, send in old Passports, include new paperwork, mailed Priority Mail with tracking.

Took about 8 weeks to get the new Passports.

Oh I don't do Costco.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 03:37 PM   #6

Yup, I saw that option Arland, but that was after wifey had already made the local appointment online. No biggie, the PO is only a couple of miles from the house. Besides, it's always entertaining to check out the "Wanted" posters.

But by going to the PO for both the passport renewal and the required photos, I avoided yet another dreaded trip to................Costco!
2sharp2, Cucamonga kid and Wingnut like this.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:37 PM   #7

I'm just glad Costco doesn't sell firearms or ammunition. I'd be divorced and homeless.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:40 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
I'm just glad Costco doesn't sell firearms or ammunition. I'd be divorced and homeless.
Now that's funny, as wifey and I had that exact conversation this week. And oh so true!
Cucamonga kid and Bigdog like this.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:04 PM   #9

Oh and did I mention they sell windmills?
IMG_2285.JPG
More unboxing and assembly and sprinkler lines punctured.

Last edited by Cucamonga kid; 04-23-2019 at 04:06 PM.
Cucamonga kid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 12:44 AM   #10

Ditto on Costco. But for me, there's a few more, Garden Ridge Pottery (install fountains in the yard), Home Shopping Network, QVC, and anytime she goes to Lowe's or Home Depot it's only to find more work for me.

But Rick, you've paid your dues. I don't know how old Cucamunga is but post one of those pictures to show him what you did for a living when you were about 18 or 19, on the boat.

If ya'll will send me your wife's email address, I'll have my wife forward pictures of how pretty the fountains are that only took 5 *&$$#*** days to install and a hole bunch of digging and electrical under ground.

Jim D
Cucamonga kid likes this.