Here Comes More!! - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree13Likes
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2015, 12:59 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Lineman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Beautiful Downtown Monroe, GA
Posts: 3,757
Angry Here Comes More!!

Today, President Obama commuted the sentences of 46 individuals convicted of "non-violent drug crimes"!!! Well, they might have been non-violent when they were sent to prison, but what have they learned, in order to have survived, in prison? Do they forget that a jury of their "peers" sent them to prison? Doesn't the country OWE THEM now??
MAYHEM.jpg

I'm sure we have not heard the last of these folks!!! How many will we find right back in prison for even more serious/deadly crimes??

Thanks a lot, Barack-o!!
2sharp2 likes this.
__________________
The Lineman-Proud Army Dad!!
--Keith



Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!


Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter

Last edited by Lineman; 07-14-2015 at 01:02 PM.
Lineman is offline  
Remove Ads
Old 07-14-2015, 01:38 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
bhunted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sumner County, TN
Posts: 2,994
Hey, let them all out. Better than paper targets...lmao!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Deputy347k9 likes this.
__________________
Regards,

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - USCAA - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline  
Old 07-14-2015, 02:05 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
OLE442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Way too close to the city
Posts: 1,611
What will they do for a living on the outside?
OLE442 is offline  
 
Old 07-14-2015, 02:16 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nevada
Posts: 2,446
Originally Posted by OLE442 View Post
What will they do for a living on the outside?
One of the 46 was interviewed this morning on TV. She was sentenced to 20 years for possession of cocaine. She was not accused of dealing drugs. Simple possession!

What will they do for a living? Whatever they did before their convictions. Their felony conviction records can be expunged by a Presidential pardon, so it will be like it never happened.

My not-too-distant ancestors all were criminals because they drank beer and gin during Prohibition. Probably, so were most of everybody's on this forum.



__________________
Richard
NRA Life Member - 1982
Richard is offline  
Old 07-14-2015, 03:33 PM   #5
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2,773
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
One of the 46 was interviewed this morning on TV. She was sentenced to 20 years for possession of cocaine. She was not accused of dealing drugs. Simple possession!

What will they do for a living? Whatever they did before their convictions. Their felony conviction records can be expunged by a Presidential pardon, so it will be like it never happened.

My not-too-distant ancestors all were criminals because they drank beer and gin during Prohibition. Probably, so were most of everybody's on this forum.
Well, as bad as that is, I'm going to hell. I once coveted something of my neighbors (wife, house, etc.). That's #10, the best/worst is always saved for last. Damn me for Angelina Jolie being married, for I'm going to burn for eternity.

It sure sucks to be me.
glokrok likes this.
montanaResident is offline  
Old 07-14-2015, 04:13 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
The Tourist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 7,922
I do not believe presidents and governors of states should be allowed to commute, pardon or reduce sentences. I believe in the "checks and balances" of the Constitution. If the courts have mandated a punishment, the executive branch should stay on their side of the line.

Richard, is there a provision in the original drafting of the Constitution, entered there by The Framers, that permits this?
__________________
...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...
The Tourist is offline  
Old 07-14-2015, 07:29 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nevada
Posts: 2,446
Originally Posted by montanaResident View Post
Well, as bad as that is, I'm going to hell. I once coveted something of my neighbors (wife, house, etc.). That's #10, the best/worst is always saved for last. Damn me for Angelina Jolie being married, for I'm going to burn for eternity.

It sure sucks to be me.
Quick! Write a letter to the President and seek forgiveness! Better yet, send a telegram!



__________________
Richard
NRA Life Member - 1982
Richard is offline  
Old 07-14-2015, 07:33 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nevada
Posts: 2,446
Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
I do not believe presidents and governors of states should be allowed to commute, pardon or reduce sentences. I believe in the "checks and balances" of the Constitution. If the courts have mandated a punishment, the executive branch should stay on their side of the line.

Richard, is there a provision in the original drafting of the Constitution, entered there by The Framers, that permits this?
Yes, Chico, there is:

"In the United States, the pardon power for federal crimes is granted to the President of the United States under Article II, Section 2 of the United States Constitution which states that the President "shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment". The U.S. Supreme Court has interpreted this language to include the power to grant pardons, conditional pardons, commutations of sentence, conditional commutations of sentence, remissions of fines and forfeitures, respites, and amnesties." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pardon#United_States

The practice of issuing pardons and executive clemency predates the US Constitution by more than a thousand years.



RustyIron likes this.
__________________
Richard
NRA Life Member - 1982
Richard is offline  
Old 07-14-2015, 07:45 PM   #9
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2,773
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Quick! Write a letter to the President and seek forgiveness! Better yet, send a telegram!
My evil coveting is near constant. Forgiveness would have to be forward as well as for the past. Is that done?
montanaResident is offline  
Old 07-14-2015, 09:32 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Lineman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Beautiful Downtown Monroe, GA
Posts: 3,757
Thumbs down Right!!!

Originally Posted by Richard View Post
One of the 46 was interviewed this morning on TV. She was sentenced to 20 years for possession of cocaine. She was not accused of dealing drugs. Simple possession!

What will they do for a living? Whatever they did before their convictions. Their felony conviction records can be expunged by a Presidential pardon, so it will be like it never happened.

My not-too-distant ancestors all were criminals because they drank beer and gin during Prohibition. Probably, so were most of everybody's on this forum.
Before her conviction, she was doing whatever was necessary to get the money for her next score on some cocaine!! Theft, robbery, prostitution, burglary, shoplifting, writing bad checks, credit card fraud, ID theft, stealing cars and other assorted upstanding and wholesome activities!!! Coke heads are not known for holding down jobs that pay enough to support the habit. If they had a good job, they can't keep it for long once started on the coke habit. So, your answer, in a nutshell, is crime!! She WILL be back in prison very soon!! Count on it!!
__________________
The Lineman-Proud Army Dad!!
--Keith



Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!


Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter

Last edited by Lineman; 07-15-2015 at 11:05 AM.
Lineman is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On