Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By cousinmark
  • 1 Post By ChattanoogaPhil
  • 1 Post By Wingnut
  • 1 Post By cousinmark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2019, 12:32 PM   #1

GA heartbeat law 🙂

A few hours ago Governor Brian Kemp signed into law a bill prohibiting abortion once a detectable heart beat can be observed. I guess this is normally at about 6 days. There have been numerous threats to boycott GA if the legislation made it this far. I say “go have yourselves a nice day Hollywood” 🙂 The new law also provides rights for the living fetus (child support).
The liberals are already planning their legal strategy for challenging the new law.
Obviously this will be sorted out in court, perhaps ultimately the SCOTUS. For the moment it’s victory for life. Good work Governor Kemp 🙂
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-07-2019, 12:37 PM   #2

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
A few hours ago Governor Brian Kemp signed into law a bill prohibiting abortion once a detectable heart beat can be observed. I guess this is normally at about 6 days.
Six weeks.
cousinmark likes this.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 03:50 PM   #3

I believe that the intent of the bill is to argue in SCOTUS. Many believe that Roe v Wade will be overturned. I hope they’re right.
ChattanoogaPhil likes this.
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2019, 04:09 PM   #4

sure saving babies is good but who will pay for them....we have enough welfare moms in this country
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 04:16 PM   #5

I'd feel better about it if the law included a specification that "throw one bastard and you get fixed" -- and also fixed is the baby daddy!
Ice-and-Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 04:29 PM   #6

Meh. Seems like a victory for the activist thumpers and a defeat for the rule of law. You can injunction long before January 2020.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 05:16 PM   #7

Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
Meh. Seems like a victory for the activist thumpers and a defeat for the rule of law. You can injunction long before January 2020.
What does that mean?
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:33 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
What does that mean?
I believe that means there can be a "hold" put on it until it is ruled on in court?
I was happy to see that Kemp didn't cave to the threats and just signed it. Showed he has a pair :-) Also, I believe Phil is correct, in that it's 6 weeks or so not 6 days to detect a heartbeat. The gist of the law is that the fetus becomes a citizen with rights at that point. Obviously this is one of those 3rd rail topics, there's no easy answer.
...BTW, I'm not sure what the extra characters are in the thread title? Ah, looking at it they're :-)s. I posted from my phone while in line to pick up my daughter from school. That may have something to do with it? Normally I use my computer.
Wingnut likes this.

Last edited by cousinmark; 05-07-2019 at 06:35 PM.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote