When a police officer is targeted... - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2015, 04:25 PM   #1

When a police officer is targeted...

Today in the Lou a bullet proof vest saved the life of an off duty police officer that was working his secondary job..

Early this morning a 39 year old Sergeant with 16 years on the force was ambushed while sitting in his car in one of the more ritzy parts of the city of St Louis...

Shooting victim, car may be related to officer involved shooting in Central West End : News

This comes 2 days after another police shooting where a police officer shot a black boy {16} that was holding a weapon...

Teen shot by St. Louis police paralyzed; mom laments gun violence : News
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cop car.jpg (65.3 KB, 3 views)
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-14-2015, 04:56 PM   #2

Damn guns. It's all the guns fault. We need more laws to get the guns off the streets.

[Accountability for one's actions avoided. Film at 11:00]

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 07:38 PM   #3

Originally Posted by jms-stlou View Post
Today in the Lou a bullet proof vest saved the life of an off duty police officer that was working his secondary job..

Early this morning a 39 year old Sergeant with 16 years on the force was ambushed while sitting in his car in one of the more ritzy parts of the city of St Louis...

Shooting victim, car may be related to officer involved shooting in Central West End : News

This comes 2 days after another police shooting where a police officer shot a black boy {16} that was holding a weapon...

Teen shot by St. Louis police paralyzed; mom laments gun violence : News
The text in both articles is redacted, probably because I don't have a subscription to the Post-Dispatch. What happened?

Old 07-14-2015, 07:48 PM   #4

Originally Posted by Richard View Post
The text in both articles is redacted, probably because I don't have a subscription to the Post-Dispatch. What happened?
I don't either but it's working fine on our side...
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 07:50 PM   #5

Works for me
OLE442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:10 PM   #6

Wink Hmmmm!!

It works in Georgia!!!

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:30 PM   #7

Originally Posted by jms-stlou View Post
I don't either but it's working fine on our side...
I think I figured it out. I use the Firefox browser because I like the security and privacy features of it. It is more secure than Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. Last night at Midnight, the Mozilla Foundation (developer of Firefox) broke its relationship with Adobe, the developer of Flash. Apparently, Adobe Flash no longer works with Firefox. Flash has been a major security problem in browsers for a number of years, and Adobe has been very slow to fix it. I'll bet that a part of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch Web site is written in Adobe Flash, as is a great deal of YouTube. It is an old, insecure technology.

Oops! Maybe I am wrong. I can't see the text of the articles with Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer (I have all 3 browsers). It must be something else. Instead of text, I see gray bars where the text should be. All the rest of the Web page, including all of the advertising, appears normal.

Back to the drawing board . . .

Old 07-14-2015, 10:46 PM   #8

Hmm . . . I took a look at the source code of the Web page and I found a lot of Javascript from a site called "bloximages." I was able to find the actual text of the article within the HTML code of the Web page, but none of my three browsers will render it. Since the text is there, but the browsers will not display it, I can only assume that the scripts are blocking it for some reason. Strange!

Maybe I forgot to pay my dues . . .

Old 07-14-2015, 11:16 PM   #9

Okay, I looked at the source code text for both articles. Naturally, all of the formatting was lost, but I was still able to copy it, paste it into MS Word, and read all of it.

A couple of points:

* The ambushed officer was black, even though the supposed motive was revenge for white police officers shooting young black men.

* The ambush was an attempt at premeditated murder. All four of the ambushers should receive the maximum penalty available under Missouri Law.

* The mother of the 16 year-old who was shot by police and paralyzed is an enabler who makes excuses for her criminal sons. She thinks that prayer can replace good parenting. Surprise!!

* The neighbors make excuses for the 16 year-old who was shot by police, even though he declined to drop the gun, and was running towards an officer with a loaded gun in his hand. The neighbors say he didn't point it at the cop. If he had, they would say that he didn't pull the trigger. If he did, they would say that he only wounded the officer and didn't kill him. What would they say if the kid had killed the cop?

* It is incomprehensible to me that the residents of a predominantly black neighborhood blame the police when a black kid gets shot because he has a loaded gun that he refuses to drop.

* If the kid had been white, what would the neighbors have said?

This is the crop that Al Sharpton and Barack Obama are reaping as a result of sowing the seeds of racism. The chickens are coming home to roost.

OLE442 and Deputy347k9 like this.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:29 AM   #10

Richard, I believe in every syllable you just wrote. And now I have to make a seemingly tragic admission. I could care less.

This has been the year of "the angry Negro." Whether it has been justified or angst or just an excuse, I'm tired of watching guys exchange hot lead for any reason.

Each one of us on this forum feels a sense of injustice for someone. You might feel that our evangelists are abused in other countries when their people whine when criticized here. You might feel bilked paying taxes in your retirement to sustain several generations of welfare mothers. Even your valid CCW permit allowing personal defensive weapons is an affront to those of us who believe in Constitutional carry.

I flip on the news at night and far too often I hear about a black teenager getting shot for any of a myriad of reasons. Without fail the black community overlooks his crime(s) and criticizes the cop. Or riots ensue and the public criticizes the cops for not doing anything.

I walk away from this now feeling if they're too stupid to realize that they're going to be killed I do not see why I should care. As my wife once remarked about their foolish problem solving abilities, "In the jungle they would be eaten."

I recently heard Ann Coulter remark that all--not some--of our current societal problems stem from immigration. Her view is that our permissiveness of letting anyone in does not serve us, waters down our distinct culture and permits insipid liberal ideas to win at the ballot box. I think she's onto something.

I've wondered if this race is committing mass suicide, but look at what I do. I get disgusted with the news and flip over to "The Big Bang Theory" reruns. People are dying, and I think they have it coming...
OLE442 and Deputy347k9 like this.