Terrorist Attack in Chattanooga - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2015, 03:17 PM   #1

Terrorist Attack in Chattanooga

Chattanooga shooting: 4 killed, gunman identified - CNN.com

CNN is showing videos from a helicopter that shows the bodies of the deceased Marines still lying where they were killed.

It's not Iran that we need to worry about, and its not illegal immigration.

Remove Ads
Old 07-16-2015, 03:27 PM   #2

This is one more example of domestic terrorism by a "muzzi".
MPO Southy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 03:49 PM   #3

Originally Posted by MPO Southy View Post
This is one more example of domestic terrorism by a "muzzi".
Right!

And these folks are the biggest threat to the security of Americans everywhere. All the babble about the security of our borders and Israel being attacked by Iran is nothing more than Red Herrings. The real threat to us is the home-grown terrorists that are inspired by ISIS. ISIS is the real source of all the threats to American security. The sooner ISIS is removed from the face of the earth, the sooner the rest of the world can begin to feel safe.

MPO Southy likes this.

Old 07-16-2015, 03:51 PM   #4

Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Chattanooga shooting: 4 killed, gunman identified - CNN.com

CNN is showing videos from a helicopter that shows the bodies of the deceased Marines still lying where they were killed.

It's not Iran that we need to worry about, and its not illegal immigration.
Richard, I just viewed all of CNNs clips regarding the shooting. I found myself swearing at the television as the reporters maintained their political correctness. They described the shooter as 24 year old Mohamnod Yousouf Abdulazeez, not as a Muslim terrorist! I have had enough of everyone who doesn't think profiling Muslims is a good idea when it comes to fighting terrorism. All these do gooders need to stop being "politically correct" and recognize the real threat to the United States comes from Islamic Terrorism!

Everyone seems to walk on egg shells when speaking of Muslims, screw it, call it as it is! Now we must lay to rest four of America's finest and pray for the recovery of one wounded police officer. My prayers to the family of our Marines.

Larry
Deputy347k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 04:17 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
Richard, I just viewed all of CNNs clips regarding the shooting. I found myself swearing at the television as the reporters maintained their political correctness. They described the shooter as 24 year old Mohamnod Yousouf Abdulazeez, not as a Muslim terrorist! I have had enough of everyone who doesn't think profiling Muslims is a good idea when it comes to fighting terrorism. All these do gooders need to stop being "politically correct" and recognize the real threat to the United States comes from Islamic Terrorism!

Everyone seems to walk on egg shells when speaking of Muslims, screw it, call it as it is! Now we must lay to rest four of America's finest and pray for the recovery of one wounded police officer. My prayers to the family of our Marines.

Larry
We can't blame this one on the news media, Larry. CNN and the other cable TV news outlets are only repeating what they are being told by the police and the FBI. If anybody is being mealy-mouthed, it is the FBI.

As I write this, the home of the suspect's parents and siblings is being raided by police and FBI. The entire street has been blocked off, and other residents can't get to their homes.

He was born in Kuwait, but has lived in the US for a long time. His father is an Engineer. He is probably another wannabe martyr who was inspired by ISIS, and his family never knew anything about his extremist views.

Ask yourself this: How many more like him are living among us? How would we know? What can we do?

Old 07-16-2015, 04:17 PM   #6

Very sad day in my home town today!

My wife and I while taking my mother to the hospital this morning went right passed the Navy Center at the second shooting sight at the same time that the first shooting was taking place just a few miles away.

DID YOU SEE THE SIGN ON THE BULLET RIDDLED GLASS DOOR?
"NO Weapons Allowed" FBI said it was a Federal Building so it was posted! They didn't have a chance. Shooter probably new it was a "gun free area". Bastard was a coward!

Very proud of all our local law enforcement for being well trained and armed with enough fire power to end the threat as quickly as they did! No word yet on if the coward killed himself or by the police but I know the area very well and they had him surrounded and pinned in...he had no place to run!

Local news is saying shooter was a Naturalized Citizen.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger

Last edited by 2sharp2; 07-16-2015 at 04:24 PM.
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 05:15 PM   #7

How many recruiting stations have to be attacked before armed personnel are present? That these military members doing the recruiting should be armed?

The PC kit gloves being used with Muslims pisses me off.

If more than one attack occurred with white suspects wearing jeans that fit, Copenhagen can rings in the pocket, John Deere caps that drove pickup trucks; most of us would have federal swat teams at our doors on a monthly basis.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:56 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
Everyone seems to walk on egg shells when speaking of Muslims, screw it, call it as it is!
I agree. Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslim.

I think this parallels the issue we have with black crime. The very people we need (the teachers, the ministers, the mentors), the so called "peaceful members," will not speak up.

That is, unless you shoot one of them.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:48 PM   #9

Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
Very sad day in my home town today!

My wife and I while taking my mother to the hospital this morning went right passed the Navy Center at the second shooting sight at the same time that the first shooting was taking place just a few miles away.

DID YOU SEE THE SIGN ON THE BULLET RIDDLED GLASS DOOR?
"NO Weapons Allowed" FBI said it was a Federal Building so it was posted! They didn't have a chance. Shooter probably new it was a "gun free area". Bastard was a coward!

Very proud of all our local law enforcement for being well trained and armed with enough fire power to end the threat as quickly as they did! No word yet on if the coward killed himself or by the police but I know the area very well and they had him surrounded and pinned in...he had no place to run!

Local news is saying shooter was a Naturalized Citizen.

As usual, the TV news media is getting the reporting all screwed up, and as usual, CNN is leading the pack. Here is what apparently really happened:

The terrorist drove a convertible so that he could shoot without getting out of his car. He pulled up in front of the recruiting center and emptied two magazines (probably 30-round) from an AK-47 or similar assault rifle into the front of the building from the seat of the car. I counted about 30 holes in the front of one section of the building, and it appeared that there were the same number of holes in the front of the adjacent entrance. He then fled the scene with the police in pursuit. A member of the Armed forces, and another person, received minor injuries in this first attack.

He drove his convertible Mustang about seven miles North to a US Navy Reserve Operations Center where he rammed his car through an electric gate wide enough to admit trucks. He ripped the gate off its tracks and bent it 90°. He jumped from his car and ran around to the back of the building to what looked to me to be the Motor Pool. That's where he found and killed the four Marines. He then engaged the police in a fire fight and shot one officer in the ankle before he was shot and killed by police.

None of the Marines was killed at the recruiting center as far as I was able to make out. The bodies of two dead marines, in camos, could be seen in the Motor Pool area not too far from some parked trucks. Whether the recruiting center was a gun-free zone or not had no effect on the deaths at the Reserve Operations Center, and it is possible that there were arms in the building, but the Marines were outside when they were killed -- probably working. I can't imagine trying to work on a truck while carrying a gun. They had no chance to retrieve a weapon.

MPO Southy likes this.

Last edited by Richard; 07-16-2015 at 06:51 PM.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:48 PM   #10

Originally Posted by Richard View Post
As usual, the TV news media is getting the reporting all screwed up, and as usual, CNN is leading the pack. Here is what apparently really happened:

The terrorist drove a convertible so that he could shoot without getting out of his car. He pulled up in front of the recruiting center and emptied two magazines (probably 30-round) from an AK-47 or similar assault rifle into the front of the building from the seat of the car. I counted about 30 holes in the front of one section of the building, and it appeared that there were the same number of holes in the front of the adjacent entrance. He then fled the scene with the police in pursuit. A member of the Armed forces, and another person, received minor injuries in this first attack.

He drove his convertible Mustang about seven miles North to a US Navy Reserve Operations Center where he rammed his car through an electric gate wide enough to admit trucks. He ripped the gate off its tracks and bent it 90°. He jumped from his car and ran around to the back of the building to what looked to me to be the Motor Pool. That's where he found and killed the four Marines. He then engaged the police in a fire fight and shot one officer in the ankle before he was shot and killed by police.

None of the Marines was killed at the recruiting center as far as I was able to make out. The bodies of two dead marines, in camos, could be seen in the Motor Pool area not too far from some parked trucks. Whether the recruiting center was a gun-free zone or not had no effect on the deaths at the Reserve Operations Center, and it is possible that there were arms in the building, but the Marines were outside when they were killed -- probably working. I can't imagine trying to work on a truck while carrying a gun. They had no chance to retrieve a weapon.
I disagree, the recruiting center "posted no weapons" did have an effect. If return fire had stopped the first threat FOUR Marines would still be alive, either from a recruiting center employee or an armed citizen.

Report on our local news (NOT CNN) interviewed an "eyewitness" who said the shooter was "standing in the parking lot firing" his weapon.
Chickadee and Deputy347k9 like this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

attacks in chattanooga

chatanooga attack weapon

sfc dodge chattanooga shooting

Click on a term to search for related topics.