Kimber Forum

Kimber Forum (https://www.kimbertalk.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic Discussion Forum (https://www.kimbertalk.com/forums/off-topic-discussion-forum/)
-   -   Where's Chuck43 (https://www.kimbertalk.com/forums/off-topic-discussion-forum/61806-wheres-chuck43.html)

Chuck43 06-17-2019 05:53 AM

Where's Chuck43

I just wanted to take a moment to respond to the phone calls and PM's I've been receiving concerning my absence and my Mom's medical condition. At 100 years old mom is doing better then any of her doctors hoped for. She had a little set back on Saturday with some internal bleeding but has bounced back from it like super girl. I am fortunate that the hospital is only a 10 minute ride from the house. Mom should be transferred to a nursing facility where she will receive physical therapy to prepare her to return home either today or tomorrow. Hopefully my sister will be coming to help me care for Mom later this week. These 12-14 hour days running back and forth caring for Mom and the boys are challenging but we all do what we have to for the ones we love. Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes, they are much appreciated.

Bigdog 06-17-2019 06:06 AM

May God bless you and your mother with the strength needed to navigate this side-trip on life's highway.

ChattanoogaPhil 06-17-2019 06:54 AM

Prayers for your mother's speedy recovery, and family during this stressful time.

Tejun 06-17-2019 07:45 AM

Chuck,

Thanks for the update. Will keep your mom and family in our prayers.

Bish 06-17-2019 08:43 AM

Thanks for the updates, Chuck.

2sharp2 06-17-2019 09:27 AM

Chuck, still praying for your Mom, you and your family.

bigdog10 06-17-2019 10:41 AM

Hey Chuck all our prayer's for your Mom you and all your familly. it can really take a toll...

JC45 06-17-2019 10:42 AM

Thought and prayers Chuck.

Dude22 06-17-2019 11:48 AM

Thanks for the update and prayers for your mom and family.

Chuck43 07-05-2019 07:38 PM

My mother who was doing so well in rehab suffered a stroke yesterday morning while my son was wheeling her outside for a couple of minutes in the sun. Fortunately he recognized what was happening and called a nurse and dialed 911 at the same time. Within 20 minutes she was in the ER and being treated. They found a small blood clot in her brain and administered a "Clot Buster". Long story short she has gone from unresponsive to being able to answer questions and move all her arms, legs, fingers and toes. On the scale they use with 0 being normal, she's went in at a 24 and today was graded at an 8. Again the doctors are amazed at her ability to bounce back from these setbacks and feel that with therapy she will return to almost 100% of where she was.

I will be spending more time with her until she is moved out of the ICU but will make brief appearances her when I can.
Thank you for your understanding. Chuck