Theater Copycat Shooting!! - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2015, 12:26 AM   #1

Exclamation Theater Copycat Shooting!!

Courtesy of all of the media coverage glorifying James Holmes in Colorado, we have our first copycat theater shooting in Lafayette, Louisiana. I'm sure that when all the investigation is complete, we'll find that we have another liberal, screw loose, nut job that had no business being in possession of the firearm that he used. He certainly won't be an NRA member or a CCW permit holder.

If the media would quit giving these whack-o's their 15 minutes of glory every time a shooting happens, it wouldn't happen as often. They should report that a shooting took place and that the police are investigating. That is the last that should be heard of it. Put an end to "if it bleeds, it leads" journalism. These monsters are creations of the press!!

If they insist on continuing to report, they should show full color, ultra graphic photos of the perpetrator after the police shoot him to pieces or he blows his own brains out. That might cut back on the glory aspect of the story!! Just my opinion. I could be wrong.......YMMV!

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-24-2015, 02:17 AM   #2

Part of this plays into this liberal nonsense of posting "no gun" areas. For example, did you notice the front door of that recruiting office? The glass door was riddles with holes--right next to a 'no weapons' sticker.

These guys are your typical no guts all masturbating variety. They don't want to fight, otherwise they'd go to honky-tonks and brawl with drunken cowboys.

No, they want a lot of soft targets with little chance of risk. So they go to theaters and live out the fantasy they see only in video games.

My guess is that if one guy smuggled a firearm into that theater--and popped the deviate--his first impression would be stark surprise, perhaps anger he didn't get to be the center of attention.

If anything, we should contact our local legislators and have these decals taken down.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:09 AM   #3

Another example of "soft" targets. Chico is correct in his analysis. IMO

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2015, 06:43 AM   #4

Originally Posted by lineman73 View Post
Courtesy of all of the media coverage glorifying James Holmes in Colorado, we have our first copycat theater shooting in Lafayette, Louisiana. I'm sure that when all the investigation is complete, we'll find that we have another liberal, screw loose, nut job that had no business being in possession of the firearm that he used. He certainly won't be an NRA member or a CCW permit holder.

If the media would quit giving these whack-o's their 15 minutes of glory every time a shooting happens, it wouldn't happen as often. They should report that a shooting took place and that the police are investigating. That is the last that should be heard of it. Put an end to "if it bleeds, it leads" journalism. These monsters are creations of the press!!

If they insist on continuing to report, they should show full color, ultra graphic photos of the perpetrator after the police shoot him to pieces or he blows his own brains out. That might cut back on the glory aspect of the story!! Just my opinion. I could be wrong.......YMMV!
I tend to agree, early reports mention he had a criminal history, so likely possessed the gun illegally, just more proof that tighter gun laws have no effect on the bad guys.
Chuck43, 2sharp2 and Lineman like this.
vulcan classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 06:58 AM   #5
Banned

Originally Posted by vulcan classic View Post
I tend to agree, early reports mention he had a criminal history, so likely possessed the gun illegally, just more proof that tighter gun laws have no effect on the bad guys.
People have been killing people since the beginning of time. Laws seem to have little effect when it comes to deterring murdering psychopaths. One thing that does work is the fear of being killed. An effective deterrent would be if others were armed and the thought that there might return fire. Even crazy people want to live. At least most do, about 99.897% or more.
Richard and Deputy347k9 like this.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:07 AM   #6

It is too bad that our society has brainwashed people into thinking that Security is more valuable than Liberty.
The Media focuses on this sort of thing because it is EASIER to report than things that really matter. Like international relations. There a probably Americans out there who do not even know where Mexico is.
When I think about news coverage 50-60 years ago,and compare it to today, it is obvious that Someone wants to keep the People in the dark.
Richard likes this.
wildbillbugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:38 AM   #7

Originally Posted by lineman73 View Post

Umm . . . Apparently not quite a liberal. Apparently a follower of the Tea Party: 'Drifter' kills 2, himself in Lafayette movie theater - CNN.com

Old 07-24-2015, 11:48 AM   #8

Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
Part of this plays into this liberal nonsense of posting "no gun" areas. For example, did you notice the front door of that recruiting office? The glass door was riddles with holes--right next to a 'no weapons' sticker.

These guys are your typical no guts all masturbating variety. They don't want to fight, otherwise they'd go to honky-tonks and brawl with drunken cowboys.

No, they want a lot of soft targets with little chance of risk. So they go to theaters and live out the fantasy they see only in video games.

My guess is that if one guy smuggled a firearm into that theater--and popped the deviate--his first impression would be stark surprise, perhaps anger he didn't get to be the center of attention.

If anything, we should contact our local legislators and have these decals taken down.

Well, we need to keep in mind that somebody with murder in his heart is not going to pat any attention to a sign. Right?

As a 58 year-old man, he probably didn't get his ideas from playing video games, either. He was living in a motel.

The recruiting center with the bullet holes where nobody was killed is an example of somebody staying outside of a "gun free" zone while shooting into it. Watch out, now, for a push to extend the perimeters of "gun free" zones to include a distance that would prevent a bullet from ever reaching it.

You can't legislate somebody into allowing guns into a private establishment. The man who owns or leases the building gets to decide whether guns can be taken inside. Besides, having a gun free zone is a great policy. Look how well it worked in Louisiana yesterday - two victims dead and one still in critical condition.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:54 AM   #9

Originally Posted by vulcan classic View Post
I have a question. The man was 58. He had apparently been arrested in connection with an arson, and his wife and daughter had secured a restraining order against him. What if his CCW and handgun ownership pre-dated the arrest and the restraining order? He couldn't be made to give up his gun, could he? I suppose his CCW could be revoked, but is there a mechanism to do it? If he was still carrying the piece of paper (CCW), and he was carrying concealed, would anybody even know that he shouldn't have been? If a police officer saw him with a gun, and if he flashed the CCW, would the officer even run the number on it to see if it was valid?

Old 07-24-2015, 12:19 PM   #10

It is as though the World has stopped, in CA at least. On the TV and Radio news there is NOTHING BUT THIS Theater Gun thing. Why not ban Walk-In theaters?
wildbillbugman is offline   Reply With Quote