Checked On Tax Stamps - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2019, 07:50 PM   #1

Checked On Tax Stamps

Called the gun shop where I bought the silencers and corresponding Tax Stamps. Travis said they are receiving stamps back that were sent off in August and September of 2018, so I did mine on the 28th of Jan. 2019. I guess it's going to be awhile longer. The long government shutdown had more of an effect than they thought.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-27-2019, 08:05 PM   #2

You and me both... guess maybe that'll be a nice xmas present to bring home
2sharp2 likes this.
1000RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:42 AM   #3

Yes, they've been running right at a year since-well, they're coming in now. We're checking the days. 356, then 349, then 345....getting better, but not fast. I'm stacking them 3 months apart for a while until I get what I want-Menendez bill worries me.
Franklin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-28-2019, 07:26 AM   #4

I only shoot suppressed .22s. I bought my first suppressor about 9 years ago and second one about 5 years ago. Was about 4-5 months wait for tax stamps then during the Obama admin. Now a year wait during the Trump admin. What's wrong with this picture?

The government was shut down for 35 days including weekends and it was over Christmas and New Years where clerks would likely have been taking more time away from their desks than usual anyway. Hardly an excuse for a draconian wait time of a year. It's a total and complete disgrace designed to discourage ownership.
2sharp2, PaulWVa and Wingnut like this.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:49 AM   #5

Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
...Menendez bill worries me.
Yes

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
It's a total and complete disgrace designed to discourage ownership.
Exactly!

Noth'n is bipartisan any more... no one works together... everyone in it for their own agenda... there's a lot that's a disgrace these days
ChattanoogaPhil and PaulWVa like this.
1000RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 10:16 AM   #6

Screw pumpkin head Menendez. He belongs in jail. Certainly not in politics. He’s a scum dem tard. Trump better get his 2a ass in gear. All he says he’ll protect our rights but has not done promises made promises kept when it comes to 2a stuff. Surprised his son doesn’t push him harder beings the avid gun sportsman he is.

Now I hate this dumb NFA bullshit. Suppressors should not be an issue, yet he recently said he hates them. Why? Cause one person out of many used it criminally? Same thing with bump-stocks. Now I think they are dumb. Just use a rubber band. Easiest way to resolve that would be either classify them as full autos or just classify them as an NFA item. Shouldn’t have to but at least it would not screw over the manufacturer or current owners. Stroke of a pen without all the hoopla.

So much for all the money NRA dumped into his campaign. I like most of his efforts but he falls very short of 2A... Charles Heston he ain’t!!! NRA should be pressuring him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PaulWVa and Wingnut like this.

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 10:58 AM   #7

NRA is FUBAR.

Trump followed NRA's lead on banning bump stocks. NRA is promoting Red Flag gun confiscation with advocacy ads. NRA has blown up internally with financial scandals. Ousted President Oliver North revealed that the NRA is spending $100,000 in membership contributions per day in legal fees and is involved in a myriad of lawsuits with their former ad partner Ackerman. NRA-ILA Chief, Chris Cox, was suspended last week for allegedly plotting a coup against Wayne LaPierre. The list of NRA problems is many and deep.

NRA board member, Allen West, blasted the NRA with this public memo calling the new NRA President Carolyn Meadows a reckless malicious liar. Demanded LaPierre resign and characterized the NRA's BOD as cabal of cronyism.

--------------

It has become very apparent that I need to speak out about what is happening at the National Rifle Association.

I am in my second term as a Board member, and I am deeply concerned about the actions and statements being made. The recent statements by Charles Cotton and Carolyn Meadows that are appearing in the Wall Street Journal, and now other news outlets, are outright lies. I have never been told, advised, informed or consulted about any of these details mentioned in the WSJ, and who knows how much more despicable spending of members’ money.

These statements have maliciously, recklessly and purposefully put me, and uninformed Board members, in legal jeopardy.

Prior to the NRAAM in Indianapolis I sent an email to Wayne LaPierre’s managing director, Millie Hallow, expressing my sentiment that Wayne LaPierre resign immediately.

I also drafted a memo entitled “Resolution of Concerns,” both of these statements are known to the NRA Board. It is imperative that the NRA cleans its own house. If we had done so in Indianapolis, much of this could have been rectified.

I do not support Wayne LaPierre continuing as the EVP/CEO of the NRA. The vote in Indianapolis was by acclamation, not roll call vote. There is a cabal of cronyism operating within the NRA and that exists within the Board of Directors. It must cease, and I do not care if I draw their angst. My duty and responsibility is to the Members of the National Rifle Association, and my oath, since July 31, 1982, has been to the Constitution of the United States, not to any political party, person, or cabal.

The NRA Board of 76 is too large and needs to be reduced to 30 or less. We need term limits of four (4) terms on the Board. We need to focus the NRA, the nation’s oldest civil rights organization on its original charter, mission, training and education in marksmanship, shooting sports, and the defense of the Second Amendment.

I will dedicate all my efforts to the reformation of the National Rifle Association and its members, of whom I am proud to serve.

It sickens me to publicly make this statement, but I will not allow anyone to damage my honor, integrity, character, and reputation. Needless to say, there are those who have willingly done so to their own.

Steadfast and Loyal,
Lieutenant Colonel Allen B. West (US Army, Retired)
Member, 112th US Congress
Patriot Life Benefactor, Board Member, National Rifle Association

Read more https://theoldschoolpatriot.com/stat...regarding-nra/

------------

My support goes to the GOA.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 06-28-2019 at 01:33 PM.
Old 06-28-2019, 01:05 PM   #8

Yep, but here is a rub. The left would like nothing more than to have the NRA either implode or explode. I hate to say they somewhat keep the demtards at bay. GOA is a great org but they would never be able to handle a mondo influx of demtards if NRA goes night night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rick in Oregon and 1000RR like this.

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 01:31 PM   #9

Any pro-2A influence the NRA has on Washington is wildly exaggerated. Other than giving Trump a wink & nod to ban bump stocks and run advocacy ads to confiscate guns with Red Flag laws, what did the NRA accomplish in Washington during two years of a republican controlled congress and republican president? And did you see how the Florida legislature walked right over the NRA... like they weren't even there. And that was ground zero with a generally pro-2A republican controlled state house.

Here we are talking about these draconian wait times for suppressors. Did the Hearing Protection Act pass? Nope. The NRA gave it about 10 seconds of lip service and that was about it. NRA is pretty good at pretending to do things and taking credit for the work of others. Heller is a classic example.

I don't blame some NRA members for clinging to the old notion of the "500 pound gorilla" but that isn't today's reality, and in all honesty more of a myth than reality. 1934 NFA, 1968 GCA, 1986 Hughes Amendment, 1993 NRA NICS, bump stocks and now Red Flag gun confiscation advocacy. NRA has a long history of anti-gun appeasement on sweeping federal legislation for your donated dollar.

Hikock45, with nearly 5 million followers, just came out saying that he was no longer going to publicly associate his brand with the NRA or publicly recommend that anyone join the NRA. He says he'll privately remain a member but doesn't want his brand tarnished with the NRA.

It's one thing to say the GOA isn't as large of an organization as the NRA (although NRA-ILA's yearly budget is just $33M of the NRA's entire $300M revenue) but it's quite another to subsidize the NRA for the continued betrayal of their own mission statement. To which I have decided... no thanks.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 06-28-2019 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-28-2019, 01:41 PM   #10

I doubt they'll fall off the face of the earth? A make over may be in order and perhaps some proactive initiatives? Obviously there's a LOT of bad press out there 2 amendment wise. I'm sure things will get even more politicized as we near the '20 election. I'd like to see something more than a reaction to the inevitable attacks that are coming?
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote