"urban camping" - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2019, 07:19 AM   #1

"urban camping"

Wow, I hadn't ever heard of such a thing. I guess it's now on the books and all legal in Austin, TX. You can go ahead and pitch your tent pretty much anywhere in the "city limits". Just make camp where you like and enjoy all the town has to offer...
Before we ordered up my daughter I used to work in that area sometimes. I try to stay closer to home now days. I always enjoyed Austin, although the road construction seemed to never end? Ahhh, when I think of all the $$$.$$ I spent on hotels. Maybe I'll talk with my boss and see if she can't schedule me something there, sleep under the stars in my tent right outside Stubb's BBQ :-) Think of the potential savings?
...I believe there's an APP you can get for San Francisco. It gives you an idea of areas where you need to be especially careful where you step, "The Streets of San Francisco" aren't what they used to be you know :-) I suppose Austin will be the next city with a poop finder APP??? I looked one up, it's called "SnapCrap" should you be planning a visit to San Francisco.
Yes, this is really happening :-)

Last edited by cousinmark; 07-03-2019 at 08:17 AM. Reason: correct
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-03-2019, 09:08 AM   #2

SF is lost, period.

The libtards have made sure of it. They now have an official "Poop Patrol" that tidies up the city streets as the homeless are permitted to relieve themselves whenever and wherever they please.

This of course is to the tune of over $2 MILLION a year for CA taxpayers. Why don't we just say CA is lost too, as it's now run by a complete and total moron and getting worse daily. And we thought the last one was a 'tard'.......
cousinmark likes this.
Rick in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 10:08 AM   #3

SnapCrap…..coming to all of Amerika sooner or later. Later will not be late enough for me.
cousinmark and wayne like this.
OLE442 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2019, 12:43 PM   #4

get out the meat grinder....
cousinmark likes this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:47 PM   #5

Urban camping... is that the new term for homeless in the streets?
cousinmark and wayne like this.
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 02:37 PM   #6

Yup, being an amoral bum is now a legit lifestyle choice it seems?
Old 07-03-2019, 03:49 PM   #7

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
Yup, being an amoral bum is now a legit lifestyle choice it seems?
Where’s the morality issue?
cousinmark likes this.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:30 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Maineiac64 View Post
Where’s the morality issue?
Sorry, I'm sure many of the urban outdoorsmen are of high character. Amoral may be too strong a term to use in a broad sense?

I am fairly certain there are more than a few that are involved in various illicit acts? Drug and alcohol abuse being right up there. Mind you I'm not for telling anyone how to live but their lifestyle is a drain on society. Someone's got to ultimately cover the costs of treating the diseases that are spreading their communities and subsequently in ours. Someone's literally got to pick up the poop! I personally don't think cultivating an environment for the homeless numbers to grow is a great idea?
Old 07-03-2019, 08:07 PM   #9

You guys are missing the point. And so is President Trump. Your panties are all in a bunch over the bums. He's all upset over immigrants. Businessmen are all upset about low unemployment and unfilled jobs.

Let's threaten Mexico with tariffs. We'll force them into a trade deal. We'll take their immigrants, and trade them the bums. Keeping America Great! W00t!
cousinmark likes this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:13 PM   #10

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
Sorry, I'm sure many of the urban outdoorsmen are of high character. Amoral may be too strong a term to use in a broad sense?

I am fairly certain there are more than a few that are involved in various illicit acts? Drug and alcohol abuse being right up there. Mind you I'm not for telling anyone how to live but their lifestyle is a drain on society. Someone's got to ultimately cover the costs of treating the diseases that are spreading their communities and subsequently in ours. Someone's literally got to pick up the poop! I personally don't think cultivating an environment for the homeless numbers to grow is a great idea?
If you want to see real alcohol and drug abuse look to the big business crowd or heaven forbid, middle class america where meth, heroin, coke is rampant. The urban camper segment is visible and homeless but like many just trying to manage the pain of existence. What is the solution?
cousinmark likes this.