I projected reading the headline. - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2015, 07:55 AM   #1

I projected reading the headline.

As you know, my default page upon start-up is MSNBC. When I flipped it on I saw the headline "21 shot at wedding." It turns out the wedding was in Afghanistan.

Now my first thought--and this is no joke--was honestly, "WTF, can't those blacks in Chicago do anything without killing somebody?"

Okay, call me a racist, call me privileged, trample all over my lifestyle because I hate 97% of society. But this has been the summer of our discontent. And I'm left wondering if others felt the same way seeing only that snippet of news.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:32 AM   #2

More so.... Unless it was some of ours.....really, who gives a fook and why on the front page?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oreste likes this.

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - USCAA - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 08:43 AM   #3

Originally Posted by bhunted View Post
More so.... Unless it was some of ours.....really, who gives a fook and why on the front page?
Okay, the point is yours, sir, you got me on a technicality. All politics (and most interesting news) is local.

But if you hear something like "guns/wedding," don't you first think of the idiots that would do something that deranged and insipid?

The Klan doesn't do it. The Hatfields and the McCoys now hold joint reunions over barbeque. Other than carried CCW, I've never seen a gun at a biker wedding.

No, if you think "stupid, wedding and guns" in the same breath, to me, it means Chicago. And when it comes to shooting each other over nothing, it's usually ethnic.
Oreste likes this.

Old 07-27-2015, 08:50 AM   #4

Nooooo, noooo... Wasn't commenting on your statement, because you and I are almost as cranky as each other. Lol... What I mean was, why do we care about their people over there enough to make it front page news? That falls into the category of, "I could give a rats ass".... Just like I could care about Whitney's daughter finally croaking. I'm even more pist off they lower flags for idiots like them and not our fallen...

Hardly any body will give a damn when I die. Why is this country so hell bent on giving a shite about people dying that mean nothing to us. Maybe big stars and most definitely heroes of our country, but anything less than that. Don't waste my time. I could care less.

Oreste likes this.

John, aka BHunted

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
Old 07-27-2015, 09:09 AM   #5

Nooooo, noooo... Wasn't commenting on your statement, because you and I are almost as cranky as each other. Lol...
LOL, oh, I got you the first time. For quite a while I've wondered if you were a brother of another mother.

Here's a parallel. I was sitting at a stoplight about ten years ago, saw a headlight come up behind me, a wide front fender and tire and then I heard a lumpy idle. My first thought was "Harley Fat Boy."

We pulled away, the bike behind me takes the inside of the left turn, and as he goes by I see the name plate, "Shadow." The bike was a Honda.

Looks like duck, quacks like a duck, but it's a goose.

If the headline would have been, "21 shot at wedding, numerous Cripps arrested," I would have thought or felt nothing, and flipped to the editorial page.

Oh, maybe I would have commented that now Afghanistan has a gang problem, too...
Oreste likes this.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:11 AM   #6

Nooooo, noooo... Wasn't commenting on your statement, because you and I are almost as cranky as each other. Lol... What I mean was, why do we care about their people over there enough to make it front page news? That falls into the category of, "I could give a rats ass".... Just like I could care about Whitney's daughter finally croaking. I'm even more pist off they lower flags for idiots like them and not our fallen...

Hardly any body will give a damn when I die. Why is this country so hell bent on giving a shite about people dying that mean nothing to us. Maybe big stars and most definitely heroes of our country, but anything less than that. Don't waste my time. I could care less.

Not trying to start an argument . . . just curious. Who did "they" lower the flag for that pissed you off, and who is "they"? Again, just curious.

Old 07-27-2015, 01:55 PM   #7

Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
Okay, call me a racist, call me privileged, trample all over my lifestyle because I hate 97% of society. But this has been the summer of our discontent. And I'm left wondering if others felt the same way seeing only that snippet of news.

What?! A puppet of MSNBC who reacts emotionally every time they spin a story into an eye-catching headline? They LOVE you. <3
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 01:57 PM   #8

I projected reading the headline.

Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Not trying to start an argument . . . just curious. Who did "they" lower the flag for that pissed you off, and who is "they"? Again, just curious.

They = Our Gov CC
Who = Whitney Houston

John, aka BHunted

Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II

Last edited by bhunted; 07-27-2015 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 03:10 PM   #9

Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
What?! A puppet of MSNBC who reacts emotionally every time they spin a story into an eye-catching headline? They LOVE you.
Eh, it's 3:00AM when I first turn the computer on. I want some brief headlines and a look at the day's weather. Then I have some coffee.

When most of the cobwebs fade, I get the newspaper and try to flesh out the stories that seem to be making all the hubbub. Many times I've had a letter printed, and check for feedback. Then I go beat up some machines at the gym until their little LEDs beg for mercy.

'Iron, I think you know me well enough by now that I believe no one, trust no one, and always look for a soft spot, or that telltale sign of a Kevlar shirttail before I react to anything! LOL
Old 07-27-2015, 03:41 PM   #10

Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
'Iron, I think you know me well enough by now that I believe no one, trust no one, and always look for a soft spot, or that telltale sign of a Kevlar shirttail before I react to anything! LOL
And you know me well enough that if I see a soft spot, I'll probably poke it with a stick just to see what happens.

Hey, the circus is in town. I've had TWO opportunities with my knife fighting friends to do the "slice the juggler" bit. People look at me like I'm a goof. I need a better source of material for my comedy routine.
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote